2010 Car Launch thread

Posted by Team CLR 
Re: 2010 Car Launch thread
Date: January 25, 2010 08:38PM
Posted by: gav
It's hard to know about USF1. They're talking a good talk, but I think most feel that if they make it at all, they'll be woefully slow, a good couple of seconds behind the other new teams (well, Lotus and Virgin anyway - Campos seem to be struggling too).

I might just be the way I'm seeing things, but it to me it looks like half of the USF1 effort is in convincing others rather than actually building the car. Good PR so far, but the lack of dates, contracts, of anything official... it isn't good at a point where other teams are starting to launch their contenders and they haven't even set a month, let alone a date.
Date: January 25, 2010 09:09PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Gav, USF1 are launching in early Feb, at the Barber motorsport park in Alabama, just no exact DAY has been set.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 09:10PM by Team CLR.
Date: January 25, 2010 10:06PM
Posted by: Frantic
and in exactly 53 minutes "Pechito" Lopez will be announced as 1st driver of the team

Date: January 25, 2010 10:18PM
Posted by: chet
I dont think there is no any doubt whether they (USF1 or Campos) will make it to Bahrain, the question now becomes will they make it beyond? Will they last the season? Will they make it to 2011? Now that I doubt. Lotus and Virgin seem like they could be in for the long haul. Virgin is doing it cheaply and Lotus have Malaysian government backing. It wont be long before the teams will be forced to downsize to the 240/250 limit (cant remember how much nad its end of '11 i think). Force India proved last year it's possible to challenge even the biggest teams with half the people and half the budget.

I look forward to seeing what progress the new teams will make through the season

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 26, 2010 12:24AM
Posted by: tripleM
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and in exactly 53 minutes "Pechito" Lopez will be
> announced as 1st driver of the team

Any further news?

edit

it's been announced

[www.usgpe.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 01:16AM by tripleM.
Date: January 26, 2010 11:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
please be villeneuve for driver #2. five champions on track. had kimi not buggered off we may have had 6. i think that's a record?

schumacher
alonso
hamilton
button

villeneuve?
raikkonen

could have been tasty,
Date: January 27, 2010 12:41AM
Posted by: Frantic
record is Austria 78... 8 WDC (Lauda, Fittipaldi, Hunt, Piquet, Rosberg, Andretti, Scheckter and Jones), and 21 race winners (the 8 WDC plus Reutemann, Gilles Villeneuve, Peterson, Depailler, Laffitte, Brambilla, Watson, Arnoux, Regazzoni, Tambay, Jaboullie, Pironi and Patrese).

Date: January 27, 2010 12:47AM
Posted by: danm
yeah but they weren't all champs at that time. thats like sayign right now we have 12 world champions on the grid, but they've yet to win!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 27, 2010 02:18PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
Possible 2010 livery. As far as I know it is officially leaked from the Team, but nobody knows if it is the real livery or just a fiction.

Date: January 27, 2010 02:37PM
Posted by: EC83
Frantic Wrote:
> record is Austria 78... 8 WDC (Lauda, Fittipaldi,
> Hunt, Piquet, Rosberg, Andretti, Scheckter and
> Jones), and 21 race winners (the 8 WDC plus
> Reutemann, Gilles Villeneuve, Peterson, Depailler,
> Laffitte, Brambilla, Watson, Arnoux, Regazzoni,
> Tambay, Jaboullie, Pironi and Patrese).

Good knowledgeable post. The one thing I'd argue is that not all of those had won their races/titles yet, and therefore it's not really an appropriate comparison with now, since we don't know which drivers on the current grid haven't yet won races/titles but will in the future. For all we know it could end up being even more.

Date: January 27, 2010 02:39PM
Posted by: alonso0506
hey Daimon its good that you mentoined that page cause as i was reading the stuff being wrote there it sounds like Renault has singed JV :-) JV in Renault 2004. I dont know if this is just false or someone has pretty good infos anyway i want to say that i like your helemts very much (i know this doesnt belong to this topic) and i look forward to any new helmets of yours (09 full package or some 2010 helemts).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 02:40PM by alonso0506.
Date: January 27, 2010 02:46PM
Posted by: kimifanaat
Ferrari has mentioned that it will release the car around 10.30 A.M. at www.ferrari.com .

Date: January 27, 2010 02:48PM
That Renault livery looks like a late 1990s Jordan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 02:48PM by Team CLR.
Date: January 27, 2010 06:54PM
Posted by: JackHammer
Such a bad quality image
Makes it really hard to tell if it's fake or not
Although, the bit behind the driver (always forget the name of it) seems to just drop right behind the rear wing rather than joining on to the middle of it. But that could just be because of the terrible image

Date: January 27, 2010 07:50PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
JackHammer Wrote:
> Such a bad quality image
> Makes it really hard to tell if it's fake or not
> Although, the bit behind the driver (always forget
> the name of it) seems to just drop right behind
> the rear wing rather than joining on to the middle
> of it. But that could just be because of the
> terrible image

that's the endplate of the rear wing.

i hope that is the livery. i like it. i also hope renault have signed JV. for nostalgia reasons.
Date: January 27, 2010 08:07PM
Posted by: Nickv
I'd rather have a driver who actually deserves the seat.
Date: January 27, 2010 09:02PM
Nickv Wrote:
> I'd rather have a driver who actually deserves the
> seat.

Same here

Date: January 27, 2010 10:10PM
Posted by: JackHammer
loque Wrote:
> JackHammer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Such a bad quality image
> > Makes it really hard to tell if it's fake or
> not
> > Although, the bit behind the driver (always
> forget
> > the name of it) seems to just drop right behind
> > the rear wing rather than joining on to the
> middle
> > of it. But that could just be because of the
> > terrible image
>
> that's the endplate of the rear wing.
>
> i hope that is the livery. i like it. i also hope
> renault have signed JV. for nostalgia reasons.

Yeah I know, but I don't mean that bit, I just mean that the fin thing doesn't seem attached to the rear wing and instead just drops behind it
Instead of like this

However the bit that joins to the rear wing could just be plain yellow and be reflecting what's on the rear wing making it hard to see, would be really nice if the picture was better
Date: January 27, 2010 10:19PM
Posted by: EC83
Nickv Wrote:
> I'd rather have a driver who actually deserves the
> seat.

And Villeneuve doesn't deserve the seat because...?

When he last drove, sure, it was a while back, but he was in good form and was at least a match for Heidfeld. Also, he's the kind of character - on and off the track - that F1 needs. Heidfeld, on the other hand... :P

I'd love to see Jacques return to Renault. If Pedro can make a comeback with Sauber, Jacques can certainly make a comeback with somebody too. There'd be the interesting dynamic of him and Kubica being teammates too. However, that doesn't automatically mean it's likely to happen of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 10:20PM by EC83.
Date: January 27, 2010 10:54PM
Posted by: chet
Jacques return would mean another of my favourite all time drivers back :D:D! Now all I need JPM and Hill.

I would kill to see Jacques run these cars!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy