The Official 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix thread ****SPOILERS****

Posted by Anonymous User 
Fincent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please tell me Im not the only one to get up at 6,
> to find that Practice 1 wasnt on till 9? Damn BBC
> website Typo! Theyve got the practice times
> completely wrong!

Shows how much I was looking forward to this track. I completely forgot about praccy! Oh well, 9 mins remaining. ;)
Grosjean seemed to be on a mission to wear out the green paint on the run-off areas. That and Kimi had a couple of moments. Nothing else to report from FP2 IMO, except Buemi is maybe looking unusually quick.

What about Kamui! 5th? whoa!
Fincent Wrote:
> Please tell me Im not the only one to get up at 6,
> to find that Practice 1 wasnt on till 9? Damn BBC
> website Typo! Theyve got the practice times
> completely wrong!
>
> First practice: 0600-0730, BBC Red Button/online &
> BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
> Second practice: 1000-1130, BBC Red Button/online
> & BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
> Repeated on the Red Button service from 1130

That's strange I looked on BBC website on Thursday and the times were correct.

Got to say aside from the boring coverage the track from onboards looked alot more awesome than i ever thought! well done!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
it's a carpark... another valencia. yawn

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Stupid huge run off areas, hard to tell where the track ends and the run off begins.

Mistakes need to be punished, punished! PUNISH THEM ALL!!!
As i thought before practice, hamilton should bag this. The track suits the mclaren and his style.
Ferrari wont get 3rd in the constructors no chance, they will be lucky to end in the points on sunday.

nah, Hamilton won't win althou 3rd for Ferrari looks imposible becauise he will definately finih ahead of them, but i can see Jenson winning the race, easy

onboard lap

The Trulli-Sutil squabble

Bring back the racing
antihero Wrote:
> The Trulli-Sutil squabble
>
>

Hahahaha! it just sounds so so hilarious!

I wish they'd show it on BBC :(
And I wish Fox Sports show F1 in a appropiate way instead of only show the Qualy and the Race (and full of advertisements...)

EDIT: At least in my country is like that, dont know the rest of Latinamerican countries

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 01:00AM by Frantic.
I take it I'm the only one here that actually thought that this new Abu Dhabi track looked stunning? I only tuned into practice 2, and that was halfway through, but it looks phenomenal. The subtle lighting, the camera angles, the scenery, architecture, and pretty much everything just worked so well together. It made it feel like a hyper-modern track, in a good way. The kind of thing you'd find in a fictional film or game. The track itself surprised me, too - a lot faster than I imagined.

That's another thing - the camera angles. It finally made the cars look fast again. I get used to camera angles that are there simply to zoom in on the cars for the sponsors, but here it felt like every camera angle made the cars look mega quick. Especially through the corners and the one from the crane above the long straight (which doesn't seem anywhere near as long as I thought it would).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
I agree it looks phenomenal, but unfortunately the layout doesn't quite live up to those standards.

A good place to start would be to put some gravel traps in where those yellow concrete run-offs are.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: The Official 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix thread ****SPOILERS****
Date: October 31, 2009 02:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Frantic Wrote:
> And I wish Fox Sports show F1 in a appropiate way
> instead of only show the Qualy and the Race (and
> full of advertisements...)
>
> EDIT: At least in my country is like that, dont
> know the rest of Latinamerican countries

Yo tambien soy de Argentina y pude ver la FP1 y 2.
Fijate, busca en internet.

Saludos
flat tyre Wrote:
> It made it feel like a
> hyper-modern track, in a good way. The kind of
> thing you'd find in a fictional film or game. The
> track itself surprised me, too - a lot faster than
> I imagined.

Exactly my thoughts. As far as floodlit tracks go, it looks SO much better than Singapore, and yeah, it looks like they've converted it from some of those ultra-fast arcade racing games. It's definitely the most OTT venue, even more than Monaco. You feel wealthy just by looking at it. =P

But, as stunning and modern as it looks, I got the feeling that the people on those yatchs and fancy stands didn't give a damn to the event, i.e. it could be a football game or w/e. F1 over there kinda feels like those people that play music on dinners, you know, background entertainment.
The ambiance is fine. The place is just swimming in money. The layout, while better than it looked originally, is still lacking. You wouldn't need to be told it was a Tilke design.

While it's narrower than most of his efforts, it's still too wide. It's too smooth. Too shiny. Too much run off.

So despite winning in most areas, for me it still fails on the key one. Give me Singapore every time.
Kobayashi is doing an excellent job again this weekend so far - easily outpacing Trulli. With a few months of testing before the start of next year, he could do very well next year.

Buemi looks fast as well this weekend again. At Japan he was fast, but ruined it by crashing in qualifying, and in Brazil he had a quiet race to 6th, so he is having a nice end to the season. He's also in 1st place so far in FP3 with 10 minutes to go.

X (@ed24f1)
Slash Wrote:
> nah, Hamilton won't win althou 3rd for Ferrari
> looks imposible becauise he will definately finih
> ahead of them, but i can see Jenson winning the
> race, easy
>
> onboard lap
>
>

has anyone noticed or is it just my lack of observation or is alonso wearing some very ferrari-ish gloves

who was it that recently said the tracks need to take some responsibility for overtaking too not just always changing the cars every year. i suppose they have that many configurations of this track that they can play about with it until they find the best one for f1.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy