The Official 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix thread ****SPOILERS****

Posted by Anonymous User 
Agreed about the grandstand..

[www.formula1.com]

Should produce quite an amazing atmosphere there. A shame about the slow entry into that complex. I thought if they ran straight to the hairpin they maybe could get overtaking (difficult to judge having seen no racing ;))!

Got to say it does look pretty awesome. The blue run-offs give it a kinda ricard feel :p

One thing thats bothered me is the kink in the straight...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Wow yeh, what a view from that stand!!!!

Should be pretty sweet watching the race while the sun goes down and it gets dark. I've seen it with NASCAR races, and I enjoyed it then massively.

The race will certainly look great, with the sunset and the hotel with the changing lights, so hopefully the racing can match this.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: The Official 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix thread ****SPOILERS****
Date: October 29, 2009 05:17AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Me too im really looking forward to this race especially
because its a new track for F1.
They still haven't even got the sector locations on the FIA or F1 websites yet, so i'm not sure what they are still waiting for...

X (@ed24f1)
This might just be me being slow, but any word on whether the BBC will be showing this race in HD or not? Given the lack of recent news on it, I'm guessing they won't be.

I dont reckon so, we would have heard alot of talk about i would ahve thought.

Anyone have the video to the friday press conference of Abu Dhabi?

This is just hilarious

[www.jamesallenonf1.com]
I can certainly see Trulli's point. It's something I've felt unhappy about for a few years now, and been vocal about it - just because you're on the outside of someone doesn't give them the automatic right to just run you off the track. Not in touring cars, not in single-seaters.

Trulli, as a senior member of the Drivers Association, should get them together and have an official meeting regarding it.
I generally agree, but the situation in Brazil was a bit more messy. Sutil was paying attention to the Ferrari that was throwing bits at him, and probably wouldn't have noticed Trulli at all. It certainly wasn't a delbrate move.

The moves I'm more annoyed about are Webber and Kobayashi.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Very much a hint of Imola 04... maybe not as bad but very similar.

Imola was in the braking zone, and here it was during the acceleration zone. Sutil perhaps should have given more room. BUT I think Trulli maybe could have backed out of it a little earlier. It is a difficult one to judge. In the case of Brazil I would conclude a racing incident...I didnt think Trulli was as close as his front wing alongside Sutils, unlike the Imola incident where like said you had to be either blind or stupid ;)!

Imola 2004? As in, Schumacher and Montoya? That was on the exit of the corner.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
My mistake... Started on entry when Monty got alongside. I somehow got into my head Schumacher blocked on entry :s

Please tell me Im not the only one to get up at 6, to find that Practice 1 wasnt on till 9? Damn BBC website Typo! Theyve got the practice times completely wrong!

First practice: 0600-0730, BBC Red Button/online & BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
Second practice: 1000-1130, BBC Red Button/online & BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
Repeated on the Red Button service from 1130

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
haha.
major typo! my source is always the F1.com site or f1racing.net :p!

I always look at the BBC website since they are the broadcasters, lol, but the times theyve posted are just ridiculous! Theyre not even remotely right lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
if anyone finds an internet stream, please post it here thanks! :)

EDIT: found one here: [www.maszim.hu]

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 10:07AM by SchueyFan.
Martins Whitmarsh: If the championship started at Germany, we'd be champions
Christian Horner: If the championship started at Turkey, we'd be champions

These guys just don't grasp the concept of a championship. I hope Force India wins, so VJM can say if the championship started this weekend, they'd be champion.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
it looks extremely dusty off line - it will make it extremely hard for overtaking.

they should also have made those concrete run-offs (such as at the corner just past the hotel where the brawns have been off) gravel traps - would have made it much more unforgiving - which would improve the track's character.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 10:58AM by SchueyFan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy