2010 Formula One season [Huge update on page one]

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2010 Formula One season
Date: February 10, 2010 01:30PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
silverstone and bahrain change the layout for the 2010 season.
do you know if some any tracks changed the layout?
Date: February 10, 2010 01:33PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Not as far as we know.

Also, the Silverstone change isn't confirmed for 2010, it might be 2011.

Of course there is Korea, but that is a new track, not a change.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 10, 2010 01:39PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
okay. F1 want to drive the old layout but it's not fix
Date: February 11, 2010 02:32AM
Posted by: EC83
It'll be disappointing if Silverstone can't get the changed track finished in time for this year's race. After all, it'll use the back straight from a version of the circuit which already exists. They just have to put in the new link between Abbey and the turn-off from Becketts AFAIK, it's not like they're having to build a new track or even a completely new alteration.

Date: February 11, 2010 04:21PM
Posted by: marwood82
Silverstones 'Arena' layout gets the green light.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: February 11, 2010 11:46PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
now it'll be even longer to walk around :P

i am booking my tickets tomorrow. i'm even saving all my pennies so i can afford a hot dog (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 11:46PM by loque.
Date: February 12, 2010 07:03AM
Posted by: bc_canuck
What are the ticket prices like for Silverstone? I'm saying no to some Olympics events, just so I can go over to Montreal in June ... should be great fun at the hairpin. I just hope I don't have to drink Budweiser (N) at the track.
Date: February 12, 2010 11:27AM
Posted by: marwood82
bc_canuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are the ticket prices like for Silverstone?
> I'm saying no to some Olympics events, just so I
> can go over to Montreal in June ... should be
> great fun at the hairpin. I just hope I don't
> have to drink Budweiser (N) at the track.

they're more expensive than montreal,

weekend general entry looks about double what you'd pay in canada. (about £145) though general entry at silverstone is actually quite good in terms of what you can see. don't know what its like in montreal.

the cost of grandstand tickers are around about 20% higher

but to be fair they're pretty much compariable with the other european races.

having said that, I bought mine when they had the early bird offer on and at that point they were quite competitive compared to the others. Stowe C grandstand for the weekend cost me about £190, i think its now about £250?
Date: February 12, 2010 11:45AM
Posted by: marcl
Some rule changes.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: February 12, 2010 07:01PM
Posted by: bc_canuck
Thanks for the info Marwood. I guess I could've checked myself on the net. I've found the tix prices on the f1 website and other sites are more expensive then the package I received from the Canadian GP organizers. I guess buyer beware. Back when Indy was on the calendar, those tickets were dirt cheap.

Side note: only 8 hours till the opening ceremonies Vancouver 2010! Arnold Schwarzenger was in the torch relay in the morning and someone had a Torchinator sign. Sebastian Coe took over from Arnold. I guess this should be in off-topic.
Date: February 12, 2010 07:15PM
Posted by: alexf1man
I think that any drivers with less than 2 years in F1 e.g. if Grosjean or returned to F1 halfway through the season (or those who have been away for more than 1 year) should have at least 3 - 4 days of testing in the current car so they get to grips with their equipment, therefore making them less of a danger at their first race.

Also I wanted to watch the Olympic Opener but it was at 1:45am UK time (far too late) so I will watch it on Iplayer :-)

EDIT: You might want to look at this link - Brawn did very well for its one off sponsors ;)

Click here to see the article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 10:54PM by alexf1man.
Date: February 15, 2010 10:13PM
Posted by: chet
[pitpass.com]

ooo interesting. I think now though I can safley say I will not be rooting for this team anymore. I liked Fry, he played a big part in saving the team but with him (and ofc Jenson) there is little link back to the once BAR team I fell in love with. Besides that, I cant like a team Michael drives for ;)! Even if Nico is along side, its just ... wrong :p

Williams FTW!

Before anyone says, I am no more fickle than the guys who jumped on the Brawn waggon IMO, getting on, and off are as easy as each other ;-) ;)!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 15, 2010 10:59PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 16, 2010 12:15AM
Posted by: chet
Not confirmed yet so dont get your hopes up ;)!

I was one of few who did like the guy :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 16, 2010 12:20AM
Posted by: gav
Didn't like the guy, but I did develop an irrational hatred of his plastic grin.
Date: February 16, 2010 01:55AM
Posted by: Naboo
Williams ever since Jordan left, yes Jordan(too young to remember before Jordan).

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: February 17, 2010 10:29AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Just thinking this morning, if Alonso wins this year, he definately puts himself in the discussion for best driver of all time. But if Michael wins, then I think he probably puts an end to that discussion. Opinions?

Date: February 17, 2010 10:45AM
Posted by: J i m
That discussion will never ever end. Schumacher could win the the next 3 championships on the trot and retire again. It doesn't matter. Some people would still say that Fangio was greatest, Some people would still for vote for Clark, others would still worship Senna.

It's the most unreliable yet beautiful argument in F1. There will never be an end to it and nor should there be.

Date: February 17, 2010 11:02AM
Posted by: gav
Alonso's already up in the list of all-time greats. He's only won 2 titles, but he has beaten a 7 times champ for both his titles, once with must have felt like the entire F1 world seemingly against his team (and he must have felt a deja vu in 2007).

As ever, who wins will be down to who has the best car over more of the season. Even Button showed that, and there wasn't a majority who thought of him as the best of 2009.

As Jim says, no-one can come up with the best. Most of us will have our own opinions, but there's little point in discussing them, as the threads inevitably turn out to be mess and it's based entirely on opinion and little more, as the facts are completely useless.
Date: February 17, 2010 06:48PM
Posted by: marcl
Is there any more news about Campos and usf1 yet?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy