Posted by: Anonymous User
dear mr. sauber

i would like a black car this year.
jus' like the good ol' days.

thank you.
Re: 2010 Formula One season
Date: January 27, 2010 12:19PM
Posted by: chet
Will fuel weights still be given before a race?

yes they will be brimmed up but some cars will have less than others, the Renault for example was known to have amazing consumption, so do you think the FIA will release the car weights again? Would be interesting to know still!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 27, 2010 12:31PM
Posted by: nvooght
Would kind of be a little bit pointless though, with eveyone being topped up to the end of the race, all we would learn is which engine needs the least amount of fuel and we allready have a good idea about that being Renault.

Then again the amount would change each race I would imagine so who knows.

Date: January 27, 2010 12:35PM
It would still be interesting to know just how good the Renault is, and how the others have improved, and also ofc the general weight to know the general difference from best to worst...

Date: January 27, 2010 02:14PM
Posted by: EC83
Of course, now we're that bit more likely to get cars running out of fuel on the last lap or so of the race again. At tracks like Monza, for example, fuel consumption could be an added consideration. Could be interesting. :D

Date: January 27, 2010 07:54PM
i'm really looking forward to this season, dunno about anybody else. it's got me checking the internet every half an hour for possible updates, hell there's nout else to do this time of year
Date: January 27, 2010 10:03PM
Posted by: JackHammer
I'm exactly the same, which is weird because last year I wasn't really into F1 that much, watched the races and qually, but that was pretty much it
Now I'm looking at a load of different F1 sites for news every hour

Date: January 27, 2010 11:17PM
Posted by: Nickv
EC83 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course, now we're that bit more likely to get
> cars running out of fuel on the last lap or so of
> the race again. At tracks like Monza, for example,
> fuel consumption could be an added consideration.
> Could be interesting. :D

I'm wondering how many of the teams (especially the new ones) will have one of those uh-oh moments towards the end of the first race :P
Date: January 28, 2010 12:36AM
I think the idea of teams running out of fuel is unlikley to happen.

In the 80's the engines were nowhere near as sophisticated. We now have countless engine/fuel map settings to ensure such things do not occur. Okay Massa had an issue in Spain, but that was due to a rig problem.

So long as the correct amount goes in before the race, they will finish. Teams will of course run as close to the edge as possible (it is F1 afterall!) but I will extremley supprised if a car does not make it to the end of the race (even bahrain). I expect maybe some stoppers on the slow-down lap, but not during the race. With the measures we have today, it would be difficult to do so.

I suspect for the first few races the teams will probably sneak a couple more kg's of fuel in anyway, just to be sure.

Date: January 29, 2010 12:07AM
Posted by: Frantic
But it could be that in the middle of the race the engine of a car present more consumption than expected, and as refuelling is banned, he will slow down in final laps to finish, we can have unexpected finals in that way...

Date: January 29, 2010 10:57AM
Posted by: Nickv
We now have countless engine/fuel map settings to ensure such things do not occur.

IndyCar have banned those. Not a bad idea IMO.
Date: January 29, 2010 11:40AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Can someone point me out that USF1 pic that everybody talks about?

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 04:01PM by NunoEspadinha.
Date: January 29, 2010 09:58PM
Posted by: Frantic
there are saying in some spanish webs that Campos Meta are ni very very hard $$$ trouble and they wouldnt make it to 1st race... That proves FIA only allowed teams with Cosworth deals to get into F1 and didnt let participate to very good teams like Prodrive or Epsilon Euskadi who are better than Campos and had more well known names (Prodrive = David Richards, and Epsilon Euksadi had as designer Sergio Rinland who created possibly the best Sauber car)

Date: January 30, 2010 09:40AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Hopefully Campos do make it. If they don't, Bernie Ecclestone probably deserves some of the blame, because his comments would hardly instil any confidence into any potential investors or sponsors.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 30, 2010 12:14PM
NunoEspadinha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone point me out that USF1 pic that
> everybody talks about?

[www.racecar-engineering.com]

Date: January 30, 2010 01:02PM
we've seen absolutely no solid evidence that USf1 or Campos ARE even building a car. I'd love for them to make it, but it ain't going to happen.
Date: January 30, 2010 01:09PM
Im pretty sceptical, but USF1 have built a car and stand more a chance to make it than Campos IMO.

[www.usgpe.com]

And no, Campos have not built a car. Dallara have ;-)! Campos just cant cough up the money to get it!!!!

edit - give Lotus will be ready to launch before USF1, I think that says alot about them and Mike, given the time constraints they have had. Lotus, and Manor are sure to be the top of the new teams. I cant see Campos having the money to last the season, let alone give Dallara money to develop!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 01:12PM by chet.
Date: January 30, 2010 02:38PM
i think manor in particular are looking quite promising. glock is quick as @#$%& on his day. lotus im not so sure about, they may have a good car but they have two drivers who are painfully average unless everything is going rosy for them. heikki in particular was abysmal last year.
Date: January 30, 2010 11:07PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
i'm sure that Teixeira bloke will invest in Campos...or some Russian oligarch...

I think USF1 will make it though.
Date: January 30, 2010 11:57PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
good old schumi already made a new ad for the new sls amg.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy