2010 Formula One season [Huge update on page one]

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2010 Formula One season
Date: January 25, 2010 05:52PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Check this if you want high resolution pictures of the Mercedes Livery on the 2009 Brawn GP car:

Click here for the link (1)

Click here for the link (2)

Click here for the link (3)

Here's the original gallery link

Has anyone noticed Martin Whitmarsh (Mclaren) in the background in the top picture?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 06:28PM by alexf1man.
Date: January 25, 2010 06:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Possibly the most interesting aspect of Bahrain's change is that we will have the 2nd longest track on the calendar, with probably 49 laps.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 25, 2010 10:06PM
Posted by: tripleM
points system update

[www.autosport.com]

Date: January 25, 2010 10:18PM
Posted by: chet
Awesome!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 25, 2010 10:54PM
Posted by: Frantic
Date: January 25, 2010 11:17PM
Posted by: EC83
Great job on the livery by Mercedes. They've kept the car predominantly silver, used small amounts of black to great effect, incorporated the Petronas turquoise into it in a way that somehow compliments the silver instead of just looking bad, and used small amounts of red to great effect as well. Impressive.

Date: January 25, 2010 11:31PM
Posted by: gav
I love how they've stuck to basics of what they had when they were last in F1. It's a million miles better than the mock-up, and while the turquoise will never look right, to make it as subtle as it is is a great job.

It should look cracking on the track. :D
Date: January 26, 2010 12:20AM
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It should look cracking on the track. :D

The lighting deffo makes it look worse. I hope we can some studio shots with lighting suited to the car.

Looks better there...

LOL@Team boss Ross Brown!

Date: January 26, 2010 09:36AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
I've read on a Dutch website that :

Renault's 2nd driver would be Petrov
Renault's testdrivers would be D'Ambrosio and Tung
Renault's 2010 car, the 'R30', would have the colors yellow and black

Date: January 26, 2010 11:43AM
Posted by: Fincent
I hope thats not true. I'd like Petrov to go to Campos so we at least know they have enough money to last the season :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: January 26, 2010 02:14PM
Posted by: zulu_85
I agree Fincent - while I'd be delighted to see Petrov at Renault, his being at Campos could do so much for the team in terms of securing a longer future for them in F1. It's just, you'd think with the huge sponsorship Petrov has and the old ties he has with Campos, his signing would be a very obvious move, one that Campos would probably proudly declare as being over and done with. I may be wrong on that, but anyway I'm beginning to fear that the lack of news on a Campos-Petrov deal suggests that it's actually quite far off. I hate to say it though, Renault would be very happy with Petrov's sponsorship too and say what you will I think it's fairly safe to assume Renault will be a better drive than Campos this year, so if Petrov wants to go to Renault I can't *really* blame him. And I think it is more down to him; I doubt Campos is getting fussy over the idea that he doesn't want his all-Spanish team to have "RUSSIA" pasted all over one of its cars.
Date: January 26, 2010 04:12PM
Posted by: marcl
They are trying to pass the rule that the top 10 will start on the tyres they used in quali.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: January 26, 2010 04:36PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Not a bad rule change, it certainly brings some more tactics into qualifying.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 26, 2010 04:39PM
Posted by: Frantic
great, we´ll see top 10 stop to chaqnge tires 3 laps before the other 16...

about the Renault thing... I want Jacques Villeneuve there!!

possible livery?

Date: January 26, 2010 04:47PM
Posted by: JackHammer
Apart from the out of place red bits, that looks beautiful, would love to see that on the grid

Date: January 26, 2010 06:38PM
Reading around it seems most hate the new tyre rule of, race the tyre you qualify on.

I on the other hand think its not so bad.

We could see drivers going for pole on the soft tyre, then pitting say lap10 or even less, then coming in, change tyres then maybe becoming a factor later on in the race.

Date: January 26, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: EC83
Shades of 2005, of course.
Sounds like a good idea to me, it'd increase the challenge for the top drivers and make strategy more important.

Date: January 26, 2010 07:14PM
Posted by: Isaint
Well I'm sorry guys, I must be the only one but I think that they hired one of Miichaels kids to paint that car. I am all for the basic ..... much like Brawn did last year ..... but Geeeeeeee...zz!
The blurring of the livery is atrocious .... won't look good trust me, the car will just appear to be dirty all the time. Plus the little snakey bit on the side of the nose cone, God, any one of the painters on this site could have come up with something more original. Sorry, as the Dragons say at the den, ....... for that reason I'm OUT!

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: January 26, 2010 07:15PM
Posted by: nvooght
I kind of like the new tyre rule/idea seems like it would be good.

Also with the new new points system bigger gap between winner and second sounds like a positive thing.

Date: January 26, 2010 11:41PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
little bit besides from this topic , but about the 2010 season ............
just watched a video clip in youtube with M.Sschumacher and guys.... watching many podiums celebrations of him with ralf, mika, mansell, etc, i realized that no one(except rubens) has been celebrating on the podium like those guys in the past did.And that takes away a bit from the the moment as well, especially when raikkonen was on the podium it was a real punishment to watch him there :( ... Good thiing that michael is coming back to show a little bit of emotions on the Podium :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy