Stoddart back?

Posted by Stan 
Re: Stoddart back?
Date: September 06, 2009 10:58PM
Posted by: Nickv
That's pretty much blackmailing, yes. How can you even think of trying to force other to pay for your little project? Where's the logic in that?!
Date: September 06, 2009 11:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The logic was that CCWS needed every team it could to survive, so Kevin K would bend over and fund it if it meant another car. Worked for him until CCWS folded anyway and then Tony George didn't see it the same way that Kevin did.

Of course, it isn't the first time he has played the nasty man. Like when Minardi turned up in Australia without legal parts and claimed it wasn't fair on the smaller teams as they couldn't afford to make them. The FIA and the local stewards didn't back down and suddenly they magiced up legal parts overnight. Convincing argument there Paul.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 11:03PM by DaveEllis.
Date: September 06, 2009 11:10PM
Stoddart's definately made some idiotic moves. But then again, I barely name a teamboss in F1 who hasn't (atm just one: Peter Sauber). They're all as bad as eachother. However, two wrongs still don't make a right. So one bastard more of less doesn't make much of a difference. As Chet said, he's got at least the entertainment factor and gives new drivers a chance. But of course, that can hardly make up for the @#$%& you do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 11:12PM by Nickv.
Date: September 06, 2009 11:34PM
I didn't find him entertaining. I found him an annoying leach who went around like he was the centre of the F1 Universe. He spent the entire time trying to get everything done in his favour. If it was Ferrari we'd all be crying about it. But since it was Stoddart it suddenly becomes "entertaining". He was a disgrace to the Minardi name.

As for drivers being given a chance, Red Bull have introduced Vettel, Buemi, Bourdais and Alguersari, whilst Renault brought us Piquet, Kovalainen and Grosjean. Are we not getting enough new drivers at the moment? We'll end up with a whole lot more if we get a bunch of new teams too.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 07, 2009 03:12AM
Posted by: chet
Half the paddock probably try get everything done in there favour. And most are annoying too. I think the one team-principle who doesnt deserve a punch in the face is Peter Sauber! For the most part the rest are as bad as each other and when a decision needs to be made they seem to act about 5 years old!

He wasnt entertaining for the reasons you mentioned, but for the reasons mentioned in the thread. He spoke whatever the hell he liked, right or wrong or whether he looked stupid or not most of the time it was pretty funny.

Flavio is an utter c*ck but he's still entertaining!

who went around like he was the centre of the F1 Universe. He spent the entire time trying to get everything done in his favour

That description IS Ferrari pretty much bang on (and like I said, most of the teams!)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 07, 2009 04:09AM
Posted by: J-C-2
All i can i say he brought Fernando Alonso to drive 2001 season and
for me that pays a lot. Look how many fans are their !.

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: September 07, 2009 11:23AM
Posted by: Stan
no he didn't Giancarlo Minardi and Falvio brought Alonso to F1 Stoddart had noting to do with it

Date: September 07, 2009 11:29AM
Posted by: Covfan
[twitter.com]

Looks like Dangerous Dan Clarke is interested
Date: September 07, 2009 06:32PM
[twitter.com]
Stoddart to get Renault engines ?

Date: September 07, 2009 08:14PM
Posted by: gav
Bored a bit Eb? ;)
Date: September 07, 2009 08:37PM
just a bit :P been stuck at home sick for 4 days now :(

Date: September 07, 2009 08:46PM
The fake twitter accounts got boring after the first, oh I don't know, 2? Fake accounts for F1 personnel and then running around posting them on forums is quite pathetic.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 07, 2009 08:50PM
Posted by: EC83
If no other way, you can tell those accounts are fake by the number of people following them. :P

Date: September 07, 2009 09:08PM
Love you too David :)

Date: September 07, 2009 10:15PM
EC83 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If no other way, you can tell those accounts are
> fake by the number of people following them. :P

Or possibly by Flavios background image :P
Date: September 08, 2009 01:03AM
Posted by: chet
Or possibly by reading what they say lol.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 08, 2009 01:38AM
Posted by: EC83
In the case of the Flav one, what it says is no less coherent than what he says in any given TV interview ;)

Date: September 08, 2009 02:36AM
Posted by: J-C-2
Stan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no he didn't Giancarlo Minardi and Falvio brought
> Alonso to F1 Stoddart had noting to do with it

He did give him the chance to drive ...

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 02:37AM by J-C-2.
Date: September 09, 2009 04:14PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Agree with Dave's post on top about Stoddart. I never liked the guy, found him very annoying and far worse than Eddie Jordan even for moaning. I didn't miss him when he left and I don't mind him not being on the grid giving seats to Alex Yoong, Ricardo Rosset, Christijan Albers and the likes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy