Date: August 12, 2009 05:27PM
Posted by: kubica2
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps schummi wasn't as quick on the onset as
> ferrari would have hoped. I still think the
> cancellation is a big media pull.
>
> Start the hype, see if he would be missed. He is.
>
> Get him in the car, find out he really is rusty.
> Without trial of the new car, he needs to get fit
> AND be able to drive a modified 07/08 machine.
>
> So, announce schummi is unfit to drive, que big
> disappointment all round.
>
> Then, out of nowhere, super schummi suddenly
> spends the few extra weeks he needs upping his
> fitness, and getting that all important mileage
> under him with new car handling.
>
> Makes for a great media pull, schummi from zero to
> hero, and possibly doing a one off only... say
> Spa, the origins and ending of his career, or
> maybe a one off for Monza.
>
> I bet you anything he will race at least one!
>
> He is just buying time and toying.

stop dreaming.
i thought good riddence in 2006, and am glad the biggest cheat in f1 history is not returning.
Re: Schumacher NOT returning
Date: August 12, 2009 05:43PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Also, i can't remember if these were published at the time, but i found these pictures of his crash

[www.bild.de]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 12, 2009 06:04PM
Posted by: slider
I say good riddance as well. I remember too many incidents that he was involved in that was truly shocking. Jerez '97 being the pinnacle in my opinion with Adelaide '94 not too far behind. I watched both those races and saw him win one championship and almost win another.

Anyway, if he does come back it will probably be like what Mansell did when he came back from CART. A general wild card to entertain the crowds and spoil it for the racers.
Date: August 12, 2009 06:40PM
Posted by: marcl
People seem to think Massa will be back for Monza, time will tell.
Date: August 12, 2009 07:32PM
Posted by: gav
SchueyFan Wrote:
> If Schumacher still does race this year, I can't
> see it being at Spa, because it is only one week
> after Valencia. With Monza only two weeks later,
> that might not be possible either. Fractured bones
> in the neck are obviously not easy to get over, so
> if he does a one-off race - probably quite
> unlikely, although who knows if he can recover a
> bit more - maybe it would be more like Suzuka or
> Interlagos instead.

I can't see him racing either - particularly Interlagos. It's famously tough on the neck, so if that's troubling him even slightly, Interlagos would be a next to impossible. Suzuka's got plenty of high-speed corners too.
Date: August 12, 2009 08:18PM
Posted by: J-C-2
Perhaps he can be next year because Bmw out their is a
chance for 3rd car option, Montezemolo is pushing for that.

This is the quote: "We're continuing to fight until every team has the right to start with three cars in the next season (and one I'd have handed over to Michael with pleasure). I prefer three McLaren and three Renault to three "whatevers". With BMW gone, there's not much to say but lots to do."

Source: [www.autosport.com]

Personally it be wonderfull a come back from MS, but lets see.

Cheers :)

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: August 12, 2009 08:22PM
Posted by: Isaint
kubica2 Wrote:
> danm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Perhaps schummi wasn't as quick on the onset as
> > ferrari would have hoped. I still think the
> > cancellation is a big media pull.
> >
> > Start the hype, see if he would be missed. He
> is.
> >
> > Get him in the car, find out he really is
> rusty.
> > Without trial of the new car, he needs to get
> fit
> > AND be able to drive a modified 07/08 machine.
> >
> > So, announce schummi is unfit to drive, que big
> > disappointment all round.
> >
> > Then, out of nowhere, super schummi suddenly
> > spends the few extra weeks he needs upping his
> > fitness, and getting that all important mileage
> > under him with new car handling.
> >
> > Makes for a great media pull, schummi from zero
> to
> > hero, and possibly doing a one off only... say
> > Spa, the origins and ending of his career, or
> > maybe a one off for Monza.
> >
> > I bet you anything he will race at least one!
> >
> > He is just buying time and toying.
>
> stop dreaming.
> i thought good riddence in 2006, and am glad the
> biggest cheat in f1 history is not returning.

Gees!! what's with the hate? What? .... Did he cheat himself to 7 world Championships?
Every body cheats a little, it's called a competive spirit. It's not right but get a grip, every one does it. Linford Christie, Mike tyson, Even Ayrton senna smashed his car into Prosts, simply because they put him on the dirty side of the track. What about Mclaren and recently Hamilton and the mystery Toyota over-take behind the safety car?

The guy was good no matter your personal feelings, .... remember, the history books don't say seven times world cheat. It's seven times world Champion.

Let's face it, you gotta be some cheat to achieve that. Maybe we should all start cheating?

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 08:56PM by Isaint.
Date: August 12, 2009 09:42PM
Posted by: slider
Everyone does it, until they do it to you. Then it's not so easy to get over. I agree that many people do what it takes to get ahead. However, I don't do it and I never will. Therefore, I don't idolise people that use those methods to win championships.

Schumacher was and still is an exceptional talent and that race in the rain in Barcelona'96 was a fine example. However, his parking incident at Monaco will always remind me that he tends to suffer from "Murvey"

Scientifically defined as: "A sudden rush of Sh!t to the brain!"
Date: August 12, 2009 10:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Isaint Wrote:
> Gees!! what's with the hate? What? .... Did he
> cheat himself to 7 world Championships?
> Every body cheats a little, it's called a
> competive spirit. It's not right but get a grip,
> every one does it.

I am extremely competitive yet I have never cheated in any sport and I know I am far from being alone here.

You cite some other examples but let me pick Senna: He was robbed in 1989, everyone knows that. So in 1990 in the same place from the year before, a decision before the race goes against what was agreed by drivers, in order for the French FIA president give the French driver an advantage again and hopefully another title. Senna could have raced and beat Prost on the track but he felt very angry about it and (to me) justifiably took his decision to just go straight a little longer. What if they had raced and Senna took 2nd by .1s? "Oh you chose to race so it means you did abide by my decision to switch the grid".

Schumacher initiated all of his maneuvers without being provoked, per se.
Date: August 12, 2009 10:47PM
Posted by: IWE
"Being provoked" or not, Senna and Schumi are samekind pigs what comes to their "bad" actions on track.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 12, 2009 10:50PM
Disagree, but you don't care. However I don't care you don't care ;).
Date: August 12, 2009 10:53PM
Senna battled on the race track fairly with Mansell, Lauda, Piquet, Alesi, and tried with Prost... what did Schumacher do with Hill, Villeneuve, Montoya,...?

Not the same kind.
Date: August 12, 2009 10:57PM
Schumacher battled on the race track fairly with whole grid of drivers, excluding few Senna inspired "unfair" movements against few drivers like Hill, Villeneuve and Frentzen.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 12, 2009 10:59PM
Senna was anyway the big idol of Schumi so I can understand those "bad things" made by him.

Date: August 12, 2009 11:07PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
guimengo , if you can loose, obviuously michael can't.

that's the whole story . ;)

P.S. never critisice a guy who always wins..... learn from him ;)
best wishesh :)
Date: August 12, 2009 11:20PM
Posted by: J-C-2
Guimengo Wrote:
> Senna battled on the race track fairly with
> Mansell, Lauda, Piquet, Alesi, and tried with
> Prost... what did Schumacher do with Hill,
> Villeneuve, Montoya,...?
>
> Not the same kind.

Gui you forgot Hakkinen !!!.

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: August 12, 2009 11:30PM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo Wrote:
> Senna battled on the race track fairly with
> Mansell, Lauda, Piquet, Alesi, and tried with
> Prost... what did Schumacher do with Hill,
> Villeneuve, Montoya,...?
>
> Not the same kind.

I'd put Alonso up there with any of the best drivers ever, even if you can't compare ability directly.

Kimi when he's on it too. And Montoya might have had a better car at times, but as opponents go, he was a massive rival - what Mansell was to Senna.

Piquet is vastly over-rated in my opinion. At Williams Mansell had the beating of him, and only the worst luck imaginable allowed Piquet to sneak in ahead.

Frankly I'd suck Alesi's cock, that's how big of a fan I was, but he wasn't a fantastic racing driver - he was special, awe-inspiring and spectacular at times, but he was about as far removed from the complete package as you'll get - Gilles Villeneueve mk II.

I'm a huge Senna fan, but he was a dirty driver on the track at times and bitter through most of his career. Schumacher cheated. Senna cheated. That one might have cheated once or twice more than the other makes sod all difference - they were both willing to break the rules in order to win.
Date: August 12, 2009 11:53PM
Posted by: Slash
Guimengo Wrote:
> To me F1 is better after him (Schumacher), we
> mostly get true battles where we don't know the
> outcome. There's more honesty to the sport. In
> exchange for one great driver we got Hamilton,
> Vettel, now Massa too and Button/Webber/Kubica
> given the car helps them. That's 6 vs 1, I take
> the higher number.

Funny you mention Hamilton when he got more penalties last year than most drivers take during their wole F1 carrers, and found cheating in the Oz gp this year...

i never said anything about whether it was good or not, but you're right, ever since he left everybody wins, and if he wasn't there everybody would've won as well, i personally prefer quality, not boring cuz i loved to see him driving that thing on the limit that not many or porbably nobody could do, only the best drivers where the ones who managed to beat him sometimes, nowadays everybody wins

as usual another Schumacher thread ging off topic, simply because some people just don't seem to get over it
Date: August 13, 2009 01:20AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
and didn't you like watching him pushing that ferrari to the limit , when it was not a fast car at all.
buenos aires; monza ; hungary '98 for example

a beaaatuiful race as a pure driving skills for me was nurburgring (or then called Luxembourg) 1998. Schumi was pushing soooooooooooooo
hard just to keep up within tenths of hakkinen's pace and in the end both finished within 3 seconds or something.

As for not interesting formula 1 i wonder why do people always say schumi did f1 boring .....???????!?!?
the only 2 seasons he beat the rest by a margin were 2002 and 2004.

'95, '96 , '97 , 98 ,' 2000 , 2001 (the biggest part of it ) AND ESPECIALLY 2003 AND 2006 WERE GREAT GREAT BATTLES. Even after my last exam today i watched monaco 2003.
Years ago ralf schumacher said , "it's not boring that he is so fast, it's boring that we cant catch him "
that says it all ;)
Date: August 13, 2009 01:43AM
Posted by: JonVic
I think to compare Senna's actions and Schumachers is wrong. Schumacher would cheat given half the chance in any given situation. Did you ever see Senna disqualified from an entire World Championship?

We had these cheating incidents time and time again from Schumacher (i will never forgive him for what he did in 1994 to Damon Hill) but Senna WANTED to race fairly but was put in a position of losing if he did not bend the rules - he was left with little choice eg. 1990.

Prost played politics and Senna could only beat that one way. As Senna once put it "Prost wants to race where he has the latest running shoes but everyone else has lead shoes - that's the way he wants to go racing" and he got an agreeing slap on the back from Mansell in support of that comment!

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy