Renault suspended from European GP

Posted by mika19b 
Re: Renault suspended from European GP
Date: August 17, 2009 07:48PM
Posted by: Nickv
A punishment was justified, this one however, wasn't. I'm glad it's been overturned.
Date: August 17, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: EC83
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank @#$%& for that.
>
> Perhaps larger punishments should be introduced
> (such as longer-term suspended sentences for such
> incidents), but to simply start handing out
> draconian penalties without any forewarning was
> madness.
>
> We said the Renault representatives would have a
> field day, and that's exactly what happened.
>
> Common sense prevailed.

Agreed 100% there. If anything had been done, it should've been a suspended punishment of some kind. Banning Renault from Valencia would've been overkill, to be generous.

Date: August 18, 2009 09:55AM
Posted by: Taamaar
i can remember a few good years ago but can`t rem how many cars involved in the granstand area of the track they came together and a wheel came off over the fenced barriers and into the crowd injuiring about 15 spectators and killing i think 2 spectators

so which is the most dangerous a very good question if 2 cars came together and 1 spun u could be looking at a couple of teams pit crew being wiped out and if 1 car hit say the fueling rig well i wouldn`t even bare thinking about that

in overall as for punishment yes i think it was a bit harsh at first for the renault team but in the end they sorted it out and a punishment to fit the crime

as for stweards they need to sit down and sort out the punishments and hav written onto paper so its all in black and white thats my 2 cents or as we the brits say tuppence
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy