The Official Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**?

Posted by mcdo 
Jensen is doing a great job but as I said to a mate the fact that they have three 1-2 finishes out of 6 races shows how good the car is.

What I find more impressive is the pole laps and thats making it easier for sure and showing more of Jesens's skill.

Even Brawn has said he was unsure about Jensen, he said he seemed to hit anything that moved last year and even Rubens got better results last year.

Button is in the right place at the right time now, but I just feel this is a one off season and I dont think they will be able to repeat this next year.

Ferrari are the only top team to now be up to speed, but I think its to late.
JB is a driver who responds well to having a peach of a car, and the Brawn is a silk purse. With a car that's very driveable and easy to set up, Jenson goes better. With a more awkward car, Rubens goes better.
That's a very generalised statement, but it holds true for their time as teammates.

Peat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jensons victory celebration was fantastic, it
> should be madatory!

It was awesome, more than made up for not being shown the press conference! ;)

Vader Wrote:
> Team radio asked Piquet if his car was damaged
> after he went out. His answer was along the line
> of "Of course, you idiots".

Piquet the hypocrite. Smart way to speak to your employers when your job is on the line...

gav Wrote:
> The FW14B was dominant, but then reliability was
> so poor back then, and even then Mansell's record
> was lost due to that. Had that wheelnut not been
> an issue then Mansell would have won 6 out of 6 -
> perhaps even 10 out of 10 had Senna not driven him
> off the track in Montreal too.

Mansell was certainly unlucky to have the wheelnut come loose, but I think he also didn't help himself and threw Senna a lifeline by not building a bigger lead early on in the race. In a car more or less capable of lapping the field he was less than 30 seconds up when the nut came loose - and that had been less than 20 seconds until Senna got badly held up behind Alboreto's stationary car a few laps earlier. So I think Mansell contributed to his own downfall a bit.
Also, did Senna actually drive him off the track at Montreal? Just asking because I don't actually know. I know there was a misunderstanding and Mansell blamed Senna, but because of the lack of footage of the start of the incident I've always been reluctant to apportion any blame myself. I've always thought it was similar to the incident at Hockenheim that year when Senna duped Mansell into cutting the Ostkurve chicane.

EC83 Wrote:
> Also, did Senna actually drive him off the track
> at Montreal? Just asking because I don't actually
> know. I know there was a misunderstanding and
> Mansell blamed Senna, but because of the lack of
> footage of the start of the incident I've always
> been reluctant to apportion any blame myself. I've
> always thought it was similar to the incident at
> Hockenheim that year when Senna duped Mansell into
> cutting the Ostkurve chicane.

Berger explains the incident as Mansell's fault, trying to pass in a dusty place, got it wrong and went off over the kerbs

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Thanks.
That would make good sense, it explains how Mansell lost his front wing too, and I'm inclined to believe Berger's word over Mansell's any day. Plus I'd always struggled to understand how Senna could've done something overly harsh to Mansell without damaging his own car or going off himself.

Gotta love Piquet's comments and general race-weekend attitute! Way to go, buddy, you're sure to stay on for many more seasons, eh !! :D

Yep, the one time his retirement from a race isn't his fault, and he still manages to n00b up! Epic. :P

F1 drivers campaigned to have a huge billboard depicting an attractive woman removed prior to Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.

The advertisement for Martini stood right in the drivers' line of sight as they accelerated out of the Loews hairpin and turned right.

Race winner Jenson Button admitted to the Bild newspaper: "Every time you passed her, it was as though she was looking right at you."

The model, 29-year-old Jessiqa Pace, was in Monaco, laughing at the story but admitting she would have felt "terrible if someone got hurt."

Source F1-Live.com

--------------------------

Speaking on behalf of us lot, We don't mind ;)

And The model was Jessiqa Pace?, I thought she was Megan Fox ;)
All I thought was "HELL yeah" TBH! Loved the expression on her face, though for some reason it reminded me of Stacey off of EastEnders :S
Also, liked how the way the camera followed the cars meant it zoomed in on her at the end of each shot, more so in the second half of the race(or maybe that wasn't just coincidence;))

It can't have been that distracting, no drivers made mistakes there all weekend(not in F1 anyway)

By the way, Red Sam - I've never actually seen Martin's 1984 Tabac crash, but agree it sounds like a pretty nasty one.

One amusing looking Tabac crash I saw was when Ralf specialled his Toyota there in 2005 quali ;)

This one?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
"I'd always had understeer, so I thought I'd turn in earlier" LOL!
I miss Ralf's comedy value sometimes, I really do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 09:39PM by EC83.
loving the proper V10 sounds from that video
I still mantain that the V8s are a bit crap. It was way more exciting to see cars blasting at 370kph at Monza or going through Eau Rouge with the V10s. Shame.
The sound of the V10s was a lot crisper and sweeter, I agree. And it's a shame that all the engines have the same number of cylinders these days too - takes important character out of the sport I think. It was always great to compare the performances of V12s, V10s and V8s at the various circuits.
Do you remember when Ferrari with their V12 and McLaren with their Honda V10 ran together?? I miss that era...

Oh yeah, 1989-1990. The sound of the engines at that time was iconic, it was totally unique! And impressive stuff from Honda that their V10 was generally more powerful than the Ferrari was.
I think they have to allow all type of engines again

V8 less powerful, but lighter
V12 more powerful, but heavier
V10 moreless equilibrated

Good to see Kimi back on the podium after the bad press he's had to endure recently, it shows that he still has it, when the car allows him to and when his head is in the right place.

But with a bad race for Red Bull, one has to think game-set-and-match Jenson. Absolutely superb job from Brawn this season, fantastic.
Fantastic to see Kimi back on the podium, yeah. And good to see EJ's reaction!

Brawn are just on a different plane I think. They'll have to try hard to lose this championship now. Brawn are just a total pleasure to watch. What they've done and are doing is unprecedented in F1 history. Whether it's Jenson or Rubens who ends up champ, it'll be one of the most enjoyable things I've seen in 20 years of F1.
Their domination is pretty reminiscent of Ferrari a few years back isn't it? And they don't even have Schumacher driving. Makes me wonder how much of the "Ferrari dream team" was actually Ross alone.

the interesting thing for brawn will be is, hypothetically speaking, if jenson has 2 DNFs and Rubens takes the championship lead, whether Ross allows them to fight and risk taking points away from each other, possibly allowing other teams to catch up, or prefers one of them.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy