The Official Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**?

Posted by mcdo 
I liked the swimming pool chicane in the 60s, it was soooo fast

I am happy Charlie has told drivers to stop cutting that chicane.
Anyone got a qualy streaming link?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
yay for force india!

mal, i haven't tried it myself, but apparently this one works: [www.justin.tv]

X (@ed24f1)
Private channel, access code req. :-/

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
yes, as it says you have to PM the stream owner. i've tried this method before and it works.

btw, toyota - from 1st/2nd to Last/2nd Last in two races!!

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> btw, toyota - from 1st/2nd to Last/2nd Last in two
> races!!

quite disappointing. bad performance of bmw, too. and hamilton, oh lol

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
YEAH Kimi 2nd :) so close to pole, but Im happy with 2nd, now fingers crossed the race will go good :P

yes, good to see ferrari on the front row again. with KERS onboard, hopefully he can get ahead into Turn 1.

a bit disappointing for webber, i can't help but to think the team gave him the wrong strategy for Q3. he would have had an extra tyre set left over from Q2, and he fell for the same mistake as Barrichello in Barcelona by going out too early for his final run at the end of Q3. hopefully he has a heavier fuel load.

anyway, looking forward to the race, it will be interesting to see how it pans out!

X (@ed24f1)
Hurry up with the fuel loads :p
There's more then one stream at that site, although the one I watched was RTL. The only commentary I understood was driver names!

Go Kimi. Nail Button at the first corner. What chance Nakajima's one stopping?
Hamilton did a Piquet and Piquet looked like he was trying a Schumacher.

And Lopper, thanks for the compliment!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 03:37PM by mcdo.
Yay kimi 2nd!! Really wanted him to get pole, was so close! Damn you Button!
Really hope KERS will be useful to try and get Kimi 1st after the corner1. Would be wicked to see Kimi win again, and this would be a perfect place to get back to good form!

Haha hamilton ;)

Stupid bbc for cutting press conference like ITV used to...atleast show on redbutton ffs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 03:31PM by DJSKYLINE.
Hope for another Barrichello super start :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Just have to hope that Hamilton pulls a blinder in the race, such a shame because it's the one time that Mclaren has looked to have anything close to pace.

GO KIMI!!! Brilliant quali performance and what a nice surprise as well! Hope he can lead into St Devote.

JB is just on fire at the moment. He's showing all the signs of a champion - his consistent delivery of great performances reminds me of Hakkinen in 1998, Alonso in 2005 etc. Especially how he seems able to produce brilliant performances from nowhere.

Good lap from Rubens. Think he's heavier than Jenson, if only by a lap or two.

Pfffft Lewis, what a shocker! On a serious note though, can't blame him for screwing up this once, he's going through a frustrating season in an awkward car and he's been doing the best job he can, with surprisingly few mistakes in the circumstances.

Silly mistake by Lewis but it happens the best have crashed in Monaco.

Great lap by Button, but Kimi is odds on for the win I feel. He should lead into the 1st corner due to KERS unless Button can block.

Should be a good race its very close.

They will probably put Lewis on a 1 stop now and if there is a safety at the right time he could still get a good result.
Anyone have link to press conference? Is it up on bbc iplayer yet? cant see it :(

Vettels lightest.

01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 645.5*
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 644.0
03 Ferrari Felipe Massa 643.5
04 Ferrari Kimi Raikkonen 644.0
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica 696.0*
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld 680.0*
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 654.0
08 Renault Nelson Piquet 673.1*
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli 688.3*
10 Toyota Timo Glock 700.8*
11 STR Ferrari Sebastien Bourdais 699.5*
12 STR Ferrari Sebastien Buemi 670.0*
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 646.5
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 631.5
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 642.0
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 668.0
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil 670.0*
21 Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 693.0*
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 647.5
23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 648.0

in grid order:

#1 Jenson Button 647.5
#2 Kimi Raikkonen 644.0
#3 Rubens Barrichello 648.0
#4 Sebastian Vettel 631.5
#5 Felipe Massa 643.5
#6 Nico Rosberg 642.0
#7 Heikki Kovalainen 644.0
#8 Mark Webber 646.5
#9 Fernando Alonso 654.0
#10 Kazuki Nakajima 668.0
#11 Sebastien Buemi 670.0*
#12 Nelson Piquet 673.1*
#13 Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 693.0*
#14 Sebastien Bourdais 699.5*
#15 Adrian Sutil 670.0*
#16 Lewis Hamilton 645.5*
#17 Nick Heidfeld 680.0*
#18 Robert Kubica 696.0*
#19 Jarno Trulli 688.3*
#20 Timo Glock 700.8*

fantastic job by Button, and a great job by Kimi as well. disappointing for vettel, he will need to gain a few spots at the start if he wants to get a podium. Some of the heavier drivers such as Fisichella and Buemi might end up getting some great results if there is some attrition and a well-timed safety car.

also, Glock looks to be the first driver to pass the 700kg mark.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 06:34PM by SchueyFan.
Brawns looks good again. I dotn think kers will help kimi that much of the start, it doesnt kick in till 100kph or 100mph is it, but if button gets accross him theres not really enough space to use it is there? or maybe im missing the point;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy