The Official Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**?

Posted by mcdo 
Kovys crash reminded me of Rubens crash in 1999 when the barrier was still there

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
They're doing pretty darn well on them actually! will this be their best result all season?
rubens is destined to be the bridesmaid it seems.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
perfect.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Good race. The tyre split made sure that even on the worst overtaking track on the calender, it's possible.

The first third of the race was exceptional, and watching everyone pushing so hard in the 2nd stint was fun too. Just a shame it went a bit quiet in the final 3rd.

Shocking moment though. I'm still shaking. That incident where Piquet went off... and he apparently didn't cause it! WTF?!

Congrats to Chet again. :P
good use of the word "bollocking" live on the BBC by Eddie Jordan, too!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way, kudos to Martini for the decent
> advertising hoarding above the track after Loews
> ;)

Loved That ;)

However, congrats to Chetson once again and Monaco Baby it is! (Funny how I didn't hear a "Felipe Baby" when Rob on the radio to him due to the chicane incident.

I didn't see that Kova crash live due to me following the onboard feed of Felipe's car as I so scared that he might get a penalty. Pretty good race today, not bad, alot of over taking and cars sliding about
I liked how Piquet was going on about 'stupid kids' on the race track causing problems..... People in glass houses Nelson. The way he was bitching, you would have thought he was in contention for the win!!! Idiothole!

Jensons victory celebration was fantastic, it should be madatory!

Peat Wrote:
> I liked how Piquet was going on about 'stupid
> kids' on the race track causing problems.....
> People in glass houses Nelson. The way he was
> bitching, you would have thought he was in
> contention for the win!!! Idiothole!

I was laughing all the way through that ;)
Jenson's run to the podium, i haven't lol'd like that in a long time, purely epic hahaha! :D

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 06:57PM by danm.
Button fans must be in a constant state of orgasm this season, but well done to him and his team. Ross has done an outstanding job so far.

and the victory jog should indeed be mandatory!

and Piquet, you knob, you're exactly one of the young idiot drivers you complain about.

something that annoyed me this weekend with the coverage, too many extended shots of the mechanics in the garages, especially during qualli when we should have been watching the cars on their hotlaps.

and not enough chicks in bikinis on boats this year, shame on you BBC!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 10:38PM by Muks_C.
danm Wrote:
> Jenson's run to the podium, i haven't lol'd like
> that in a long time, purely epic hahaha! :D
>
>

Can you imagine if we had to watch Sutil make that run...?

Jenson's the man!, not 1 wheel wrong in the whole race
he's really killing them, i mean, first he was nowhere until 1 min to finish qualy, and then you would expect him to struggle in the race but still managed to dominate!, what a driver, there's no excuses for Rubens this time

First race that Ferrari did very well i must say, not 1 mistake, hopefully they can keep up like that for a while

Kovalainen should be sacked!, the guy is useless, and Nakajima as well, 1 lap to finish and puts the car on the barrier, what a tool!

it was funny to see Vettel so nervous when Massa was attacking him, i tought he was going off earlier than he did, i don't think there was anything wrong with the tyres, he was just overusing them (if that's a word), same as Rubens in the first stint and nice overtaking from Glock on Heidfeld

All in all great race, and if Jenson wins the next gp, i think they can start thinking about the championship
people should not be overly surprised by their pace.

remember this is a honda car that has been over a year in development. if honda had messed this car up they would be a laughing stock.

if you look at the last 2 races, the gap from brawn to the rest has reduced with rbr and ferrari have a greater development rate.

having said that i still fully expect button to be world champ and brawn win constructors this year.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Muks, spot on about this season ;)!

Both the Spanish and Monaco pole laps were a complete suprise after the practice and qualifying sessions previous. After both let's say my throat was very sore! To me Jenson is starting to show something we though he never had. It is the something which Alonso has, something which Kimi had(?)...

Last season I generally accepted Jenson was not a match for Fernando. But now, well I take all that back. Has be to said, in 2007, and 2008 the contenders for the title made mistakes, driving errors. Neither driver were consistant. It could be argued that all 4 drivers made things harder for themselves. Though I wouldnt rate Jenson better than Alonso, I certainly would not now rate him lower than Massa, Kimi or Lewis.

Lewis this weekend was on fire. I was tempted to place a bet at the bookies on him. He was insanley quick. Watching him was awesome. BUT where was Ron Dennis to tell hi to calm it? To me an accident was going to happen sooner rather than later. He was on the edge lap after lap after lap. In practice he was always on the pace far quicker than anyone else. Though that shows confidence to me it was also slightly risky. The qualifying came bad bang, straight into wall. That mistake could pay to be crucial to Mclaren. Had he not crashed, and had he qualified normally a top 3 was very very very likley imo. On a normal race track Lewis would have been safe, and his tatics of, "push here, if I slide go slower next time round" would have worked, but not at Monaco. It was a mistake you would not expect a guy with now enough experience of Monaco, and F1. It was a mistake you would not expect of a world champion. To me it seemed he was trying to impress too early on, it seemed like he felt he had a point to prove. Thats my take on it, I doubt many will agree but yeah. What a difference a year makes. No doubt this year for him will stop future mistakes like that from happening but in my books that was unacceptable for Lewis. I cant describe how disapointed I was aswell.. But its racing, it happens, just always at the wrong times and places!!!

btw, I will add, though it annoys me that Lewis is so far down the order because well he doesnt belong there, he belongs at the front fighting for wins, there is a certian feeling i get when I see Jenson going to lap him. Also, end on a good note for Lewis, cracking overtaking today, its what we expect he delivered on that front at least.

edit - something else which makes this win satisfying...

we know he has now equalled or just behind the record of Mansell in 92 and Shumacher in 02 and 04 in terms of wins at the start of the season...

Again, im not sure many will agree but 1992 the FW14B was unmatched. And in 2002 and 2004 is it fair to say the gap to the second quickest car was much larger than it is now. Another factor is how close the field is aswell. It's generally been accepted the RBR is quicker than the Brawn atm, so to me it makes it even more special, but like I said, I doubt mayn will agree with that one :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 02:06AM by chet.
Uh, Brawn got 1-2 in the last 2 races despite supposedly not being the quickest. The team is performing well enough to even get a guy that nobody is praising ahead of the rest.

Team radio asked Piquet if his car was damaged after he went out. His answer was along the line of "Of course, you idiots".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
I lol'd at Piquet when I watched the race this morning, couldn't help myself. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
chet Wrote:
> Last season I generally accepted Jenson was not a
> match for Fernando. But now, well I take all that
> back. Has be to said, in 2007, and 2008 the
> contenders for the title made mistakes, driving
> errors. Neither driver were consistant. It could
> be argued that all 4 drivers made things harder
> for themselves. Though I wouldnt rate Jenson
> better than Alonso, I certainly would not now rate
> him lower than Massa, Kimi or Lewis.

Don't get carried away too much. Jenson on par with Alonso? It's easy to say at the moment, with Button in an utterly dominant car and position and the likes of Nando and Hamilton in a very average mid-field one, but where was Button when the car wasn't up to scratch? He wasn't reaching down into the abyss desperately trying to haul them up (and perhaps Hamilton is guilty of that too). He was at best level with Rubens. Now he's got a winning team, he's showing the potential that we thought he had when he started in F1, but he's still missing a lot to be a great like Alonso. We haven't even seen what he'd be like if he's being attacked and have to deal with the pressure later in the season. He might do a Hamilton and completely crumble (extreme example which is highly unlikely of course, but there is a middle ground too).

On par with Massa and at the moment Kimi, but he's not shown anything like enough to be placed up with the likes of Alonso, Schumacher and even Hamilton.

chet Wrote:
> Lewis this weekend was on fire. I was tempted to
> place a bet at the bookies on him. He was insanley
> quick. Watching him was awesome.

It was rather impressive, but then it only counts if he doesn't bin it. He was just too close to the limit. If he'd done it in Q3 it could more easily have been forgiven, but not Q1 - that was poor driving and very poor mind management from the team.

chet Wrote:
> btw, I will add, though it annoys me that Lewis is
> so far down the order because well he doesnt
> belong there, he belongs at the front fighting for
> wins, there is a certian feeling i get when I see
> Jenson going to lap him.

He does warrant being in a better car, but all the great drivers have to cope with inferior equipment at some point, and have no right to be higher up. He's planted himself at that team, all of his own doing, and now he has to pay the price. He's no devine right to a top level car. Fangio, Moss, Brabham, Clark, Rindt, Villeneuve, Peterson, Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher and Alonso had to go through many seasons with cars not really capable of winning. If he wants to join them, then he has to suffer the pain too, and moments like Saturday aren't going to help him.

Most annoyingly is that Hamilton himself thinks he should have the right to the better car.

chet Wrote:
> Also, end on a good note for Lewis, cracking
> overtaking today, its what we expect he delivered on
> that front at least.

He overtook a car on inferior tyres, miles off the pace. Rosberg and Glock did that too (Massa doesn't really count, as he just profited from the Rosberg attempt, as good a move as it was). It's always good to see overtaking at Monaco, but overtaking a car 4 seconds slower than you should be possible - especially with KERS.

chet Wrote:
> we know he has now equalled or just behind the
> record of Mansell in 92 and Shumacher in 02 and 04
> in terms of wins at the start of the season...
>
> Again, im not sure many will agree but 1992 the
> FW14B was unmatched. And in 2002 and 2004 is it
> fair to say the gap to the second quickest car was
> much larger than it is now. Another factor is how
> close the field is aswell. It's generally been
> accepted the RBR is quicker than the Brawn atm, so
> to me it makes it even more special, but like I
> said, I doubt mayn will agree with that one :p

The FW14B was dominant, but then reliability was so poor back then, and even then Mansell's record was lost due to that. Had that wheelnut not been an issue then Mansell would have won 6 out of 6 - perhaps even 10 out of 10 had Senna not driven him off the track in Montreal too. Button hasn't had any of issue like they suffered back then... his sole problem being slow refuelling stops in Melbourne I think.

The opposition may be closer, but there are less variables now. There is strategy, but if you've got the fastest car, you should always be in the best position to pick the optimum strategy. Red Bull should be quicker when they get the new parts up to speed, as Ferrari are, but as things stand, the only track that Brawn genuinely haven't been the fastest at has been Shanghai, in my opinion. The RBR has the potential to be quicker now, and Ferrari are slowly getting there, but that potential has primarily gone untapped so far.
Jensen is doing a great job but as I said to a mate the fact that they have three 1-2 finishes out of 6 races shows how good the car is.

What I find more impressive is the pole laps and thats making it easier for sure and showing more of Jesens's skill.

Even Brawn has said he was unsure about Jensen, he said he seemed to hit anything that moved last year and even Rubens got better results last year.

Button is in the right place at the right time now, but I just feel this is a one off season and I dont think they will be able to repeat this next year.

Ferrari are the only top team to now be up to speed, but I think its to late.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy