The Official Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**?

Posted by mcdo 
Its interesting to see that Button was heavier than Kimi, I really thought it was gong to be the other way round.

Button has not been that good off the line this year really thats what worries me as well.

Vettel is saying he got held up by Nakajima.
I have one word. KERS ;)
:o

Big GP2 crash! Sorry about bad footage, its all thats on youtube so far...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Tbh I can actually see none to the top 4 cars getting round the 1st corner, Massa and Kimi with their KERS are going to be going for it.

They will all either crash or someone will cut the corner.

I think Lewis has to start from the back? someone was saying he might need a new gear box.
who starts from the dirt side of the track?

Kimi will press the KERS button, which will come in too late and will brake too late causing a crash.

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Grosjean crash:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Eeeek!
Was gp2 shown on UK tv??? I used to love watching it on eurosport but I havent been able to find it so far this year!?!

That was rather a big one. Hopefully he and all the marshalls in the area are OK.

Tabac can definitely generate some spectacular crashes. Fisi's one 5 years ago is still the most shocking one I've seen there so far.

Not half as bad as Brundle was in 1984 - bad crash, one that I cant find a clip for right now...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
That is a pretty nasty crash :\

I don't think I've ever seen any footage of Brundle's crash as it happened, the only thing I've seen is a photo of the car still resting on its side from a review of the 84 season - it's the photo I think that revealed the Tyrell had an illegal..er...something underneath the car that eventually saw them disqualified from the championship or something like that. Other than that there was a the footage of the aftermath that they showed during the build-up show yesterday actually, because they did seem to refer to Brundle's crash repeatedly. Usually he makes light of it himself, but this time it did seem like almost each of the other presenters made light of it for him...
Found the 1 ur looking for in 1984 Red Sam not much of the video

also found this 1 from 1986 involving Tambay

1 hour remaining until the program starts

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Here we go then...
So much for KERS off the start line.

Good to see Vettel holding up Massa for once!...

Rosberg did very well out of his opportunism.
How great is it when a frontrunner's tyres go off at Monaco!
Those "Vettel Train" laps were awesome! Just like when Fisi and Fernando's tyres went off in 2005!

Shame Vettel went out afterwards though :(

Great pace from Rubens, Kimi and Massa. Looks close, but Brawn have got this one in the bag considering they've got the stint on soft tyres out of the way.

By the way, kudos to Martini for the decent advertising hoarding above the track after Loews ;)

Still loads of cars running as we near half way. It just goes to show how good these drivers are.

Mistakes from two Sebs so far (Piquet doesn't count as he was pushed off), so is Bourdais next?...
Did Kimi have to pit, or were they anticipating a safety car? If Massa can make up some time - and then spend less time on the soft tyres - maybe he can get ahead...
That was quite a moment for Kovy.

OK, the Ferraris are gonna attempt 20+ laps on tyres that were finished after 12 laps on Vettel's car. This should be fun to watch, people!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy