The Official Bahrain Grand Prix 2009 Thread (*spoilers*)

Posted by The Lopper 
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im not so sure Gav. I do think RedBull have what
> it takes to take this title and they will push for
> it!

What do I know? I thought Brawn would only have realised their potential around now... certainly not Melbourne. :D
Lol.

There are a few teams, Brawn, Toyota and RedBull who will consider this year their best chance at a title, either WDC or WCC. Ferrari and Mclaren are down the order and are playing catch up.

If it were me, I would probably risk next year's car development to make sure I can provide a car to fight to the end.

Whoever thinks Ferrari and Mclaren are going to repeat this next year would be wrong :p. So do what BMW did not do last year. Fight for the WDC and WCC whilst it is within reach and do not assume you can repeat the performance next year ;-)!

edit - btw, just realized, Brawn scored 2points less in one race (Aus) than they have over 2007 and 2008 :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 06:23PM by chet.
chet Wrote:
> Whoever thinks Ferrari and Mclaren are going to
> repeat this next year would be wrong :p. So do
> what BMW did not do last year. Fight for the WDC
> and WCC whilst it is within reach and do not
> assume you can repeat the performance next year
> ;-)!

Ferrari are quite capable of it, what with only Schumacher remaining of the old school.

McLaren have lost a few key people, and if the outside turmoil is indicative of what's going on inside, then they may fall apart slowly too.

The only thing they've really got going for them is prestige and resources, and both have had them in abundance many times before and failed miserably.
True. Mclaren more so than Ferrari I guess.

Also, a point I saw on F1technical. Something I remember Ross Brawn saying was the path they chose for the BGP001 was one that allowed for great scope for development. I know this would be the same for other teams, but Brawn (the team :p) had the time to look at every part in a more detailed way than let's say Ferrari or Mclaren. I hope Brawn can make good use of this and when maybe the others have reached an almost max with development, Brawn could still be going well.

I think we could get an idea of how the development will go at Barcelona. From reading around the net I get the feeling Brawn will either fall back or go further ahead. I can see both sides to it but I wish the latter be true ;-)! lol

I hope Ferrari don't catch up. Its been great seeing teams usually not at the front being at the front.

Im guessing Ferrari will be back in it soon enough though.

People do need to remember as well the back end of the Brawn car is a bit of a bodge job to get the merc engine in. If the car was designed with that engine in mind to start with they could have been even faster. I would love to know how that car would have gone with the Honda engine, I have a feeling they probably would not be winning.
honda engine was crap, so with honda engine I think they would only be slower really.

Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> honda engine was crap, so with honda engine I
> think they would only be slower really.

It was OK. It's just they did a Renault - abided by the rules sportingly rather than using the loopholes the other teams did to improve power when improving reliability. There's some level of irony that Honda themselves did the opposite in designing the '09 cars with that diffuser. :D

As I remember, both Honda and Renault were to be allowed to catch back up in terms of engine performance over the winter. Renault clearly have.
I bet it would be better if it will be brawn-ferrari (Since Brawn is from ferrari, well Luca show that he didn't have a open heart from an engineer who make their company successfull alongside with MS.)

Brawn himself said that they chose Mercedes engines, because they were much easier to fit into their car than Ferrari ones.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Remember that the car was designed to put an Honda engine... and then when they became Brawn they had no Honda engines and they had to search for a engine... and the Mercedes fitted better

New F60 someone's bad resolution pic, from today's tests:

vid:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 05:35PM by Rodrigo007.
I thought testing was banned during the season?

Depends of the test mate, they've only 8 days for straight line or circular ones (not oval, totally circular tracks).
Which is better than leaving green oil on the track on Fridays. :D
matt3454 Wrote:
> I thought testing was banned during the season?

Shakedowns are not though. Teams are allowed several shakedowns throughout the year :)!

i think there should be two official test sessions during the year.

as well as allowing teams to catch up without too much expense, it could potentially increase competitiveness, and also - it could give some F1 action to some areas without a race (i was thinking of Imola, Portugal and - hopefully after this year - Barcelona)

X (@ed24f1)
Ferrari have said that they've shed a lot of weight in the car for more KERS use and have attached the "double decker" diffuser. But I still think that the diffuser might be interim.
matt3454 Wrote:
> I thought testing was banned during the season?

Straight line tests are allowed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I see a lot of people here saying that the championship will be between BGP, Ferrari and/or Mclaren, Red Bull, and no one mentions Toyota at all. I may be the only fan of Toyota but I try to be as objective as possible and I really see no reason why Toyota cant fight for the championship sure they may not have as good drivers as the other teams but they have a couple of points in their favor.

1.They have the most money of all the teams in F1 and now that we are starting from ground zero and the cars are not evolutions this will help even more in the development of the car.

2.Believe it or not Toyota are better than Red Bull and I would say about equal with Ferrari and Mclaren at developing their car and last year it showed perfectly when in the last race in Brazil they where behind Ferrari only, had the race been dry Trulli would have finished in the podium instead he got stuck behind Fisichella. And they managed to develope that car till the end without sacrificing this year car.

3. They have matured a lot from previos seasons and they finally have stability, Pascal Vasellon is very good at what he does and they have hired some new good people like principal aerodynamicist Nicolas Hennel from Mclaren that will help them develop the car.

So I am predicting a 4 way battle for the championship between BGP,Red Bull,Toyota and Mclaren.
Depending on how Ferrari goes this weekend I may add them to the list, but hey the more the merrier so lets hope they can bounce back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy