The Official Bahrain Grand Prix 2009 Thread (*spoilers*)

Posted by The Lopper 

So then, Bahrain. :)

Have Red Bull fully closed the gap on Brawn, or was the performance in China exaggerated by the rainy conditions?

Toyota and BMW did a lot of testing here (when there weren't sandstorms) so how much will they benefit from that?

And, as a wildcard, Force India are bringing some major mods, encompassing a new floor and an 'interim diffuser'. They still expect to be at the back, and with the possibility of the first "straight-forward" Grand Prix this year, without rain or safety cars (although I predicted the same for China) perhaps they will be, but possibility of a point or two?

Basically, I want 'em to score a point or two. ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 12:33AM by mortal.
Apparently RedBulls major addvantage came in the faster corners in Shanghai, which we have less of here.

It will be dry so I guess if all goes well Brawn could get a 1-2, and really should whilst they still can!!

Of course RedBull will be up there, but this will be as close as we've had it imo.

Toyota tested here so in a way should familiar with the conditions, what can we expect from Mclaren and Renault? And will Ferrari finally get some points?

You raised a good point about Force India. Apparently it is a major update, I do hope it puts them up there amungst the top 10!

I am hoping for a Jenson win, another one would make me feel alot more confortable going into Europe where it will be tough, but perhaps most of all and most important a Brawn one-two is necessary! They need to make the gap as big as possible whilst they have the quickest car. Shanghai was a good result, it was almost damage limitation at its best. They did not have a winning car, so they did the next best thing.

Its at a track like this where imo the performance of KERS will be quite good. There are a few straights which lead into braking zones. We all know how much time you make with a good exit and KERS will only help this.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Force india, if they are bringing new bits, might score points(i hope).

Williams FTW!!!

What does imo mean(sorry to sound stupid)?

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
well imho it means in my opinion buts thats only imo, well imho

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 08:21PM by Craigo.
imo = In my opinion :)

Really want to see a RB win here, while Brawn still have an advantage

Hopefully another good race for Heikki too

Need to see Fisi improve here, has had a few disappointing results :(

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I think Toyota will be car to beat in Bahrain. And BMW and Ferrari will also do better if they have race without mistakes.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 09:10PM by Webber Fan.
Thanks

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Brawn, Toyota, Vettel, and Ferrari for top 6!
Guimengo schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brawn, Toyota, Vettel, and Ferrari for top 6!

That are 7 ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I say it will be between BGP and Toyota, mainly because BGP haven't updated their car and Toyota brought a new suspension in China to improve traction out of low speed corners and Bahrain has a couple of those not to mention that they tested there and have generally done well in years past. I think if it is dry then this may be Toyota's best chance to win by far as long as they don't screw up.
chet schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently it is a major update, I do hope it puts
> them up there amungst the top 10!

+1
Though I must say: we want Force India in the top 10, we want Brawn, Toyota (?) and RedBull fighting for wins, we want to see Kubica fighting for the championship, we'd like to see STR scoring some points... but there are only 10 places available in the top 10! ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
yes, i think Toyota will be very strong here. I wouldn't be surprised if Jarno gets pole, but in the race, the Brawns could be too strong.

X (@ed24f1)
a good qualifying session. g

great for toyota to get a good result, they are looking good for the race - but it will depend on the weights obviously.

very disappointing for webber though, hopefully he can scavenge a decent result tomorrow.

also, Legard said a few times Trulli got pole for Toyota in Suzuka 2005, but it was Ralf.

X (@ed24f1)
Brawn 1-2 at Australia, Red Bull 1-2 at China. Toyota 1-2 at Bahrain??

Im completely lost this season, can't predict anything lol.

Stupid tactic from Ferrari again to spend all Kimi's soft tyres in q1 and q2 so he didn't have new tyres on q3 anymore and Kimi was very dissapointed that team made that kind of choice.Anyway great job Toyota, I believe they are with 3 stops.
O'Glock to win! :) Thank God the engine change rule isn't in this year. Me last minute podium prediction: O'Glock, Vettel, Trulli.
Wow, this season is the most fantastic of all!

All drivers being separated by mere seconds. Vettel or O'Glock to win, but you can't rule out Mr Button :)
Like I said the other day: Williams FTW!!!

[f1.gpupdate.net]

:(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
yes, it would seem their development is already lacking compared to other teams.

with teams like mclaren and renault making massive gains, they could slip even further if they don't watch out

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy