Re: *** GPX PRED CONTEST 2009 *** Round 17 : Abu Dhabi - NOW OPEN!

Posted by b-tone 
Thanks Mal :)

Only one person posted before Q3, and they took atleast 3 that missed out on Q3, and anyone could've made changes up to Q3, so it was the same for all.
Posting early is ok but you miss out on the practices. I PMed everyone that hadn't posted trying to get as many included as possible, but I said up till Q3 and have said Gaulty's is ok, so I can't change again...
So basically everyone up to Gaulty is in and the rest will use last weeks.
Hopefully the site stays online in the run up to GPs in future.

Using last weeks you only get 75% so if theres enough support we can scrap that due to the sites problems. If you did post in the 5 minutes between practice and Q1 when you could you probably think screw those that missed, but think of those working, sleeping, or just not checking the site every two minutes - I'm only trying to be fair for all

The screw ups so far have been the same for all and no one is gaining anything extra, so relax and lets keep it fun :)

____
Tony

We should probably decide on a rule that everyone should get in early anyway and changes can be made up until Q1 starts...In fairness if there's only a week between GPs and the site goes down for a few days there might be problems, but I've no problems with people keeping their choices that posted before Q3 cause I think I did ok this time round for once anyway :)
AH87 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Acctually, the site was NOT down when the
> Qualification started. I posted my prediction just
> 3 minutes before it started.

Well, i checked the site over and over after FP3 and no luck. My email buzzed me when i got an email, i received the email about posting up AFTER Q3 had finished, i had already tried to make my prediction earler in the week but it didn't let me.

To be honest anyone that posted up after Q1 started shouldnt be allowed in (yes that includes me), just an opinon.

Provisional results for Sakhir - get those protests in quick!

Jackal with a second win and danm look to be in control of things so far, though once kimifanaat drops one he'll be right up there too :)

____
Tony

anything posted before q1 should have their results taken from the previous race. thats why there is a rule already long ago stated that if the results arent in, thats the outcome.

some people who were able to, thats just luck. some win, some lose.

the site was up a good few times, and some of those were at weird times to myself, like 4am etc uk time.

that would benefit non euro users, and the same if the site was only up during say a 1pm time slot. its pretty fair.

there were announcements the site would be down, and to post results in advance.

some did. if in doubt, post the next race too if it may be a problem!

my 2 cents, its just a bit of fun - but rules should be strictly adhered to, to avoid problems and arguments like this! same as those gaining from the hamilton result in melbourne - its not official, so should not stand!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Only Gaulty posted after Q1, and he would actually be better off with last weeks predictions by 0.75 points.
There wasn't a 'site down' warning this time - I thought the site had been upgraded already.
Hamilton was officially 3rd until he was officially disqualified, just like he was officially 4th yesterday until he (maybe) is officially disqualified for the season tomorrow. Point being that official results can change even after the final GP, so there is a cut off point and that is similar for many other prediction games

____
Tony

Woohoo! Back in the points, highest position so far! Good stuff!

Damn, really hoped for a podium. Still 7th is a nice place. Next race aiming for better positions :)
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i last checked on thursday evening i think and the
> site was down. tried on friday and saturday
> morning and still down, so this is the first time
> i've been on, on sunday morning a couple of hours
> before the race.
>
> so it's my fault for not posting earlier in the
> week when it was up and running, and I go along
> with Dan's thoughts that if you didn't post when
> it was running, it's tough sh!t.
>
> but i don't agree that you can post unitl Q3, the
> cut-off has to be before qual starts.
>
> but if it's allowed though, please take my
> predictions from the last round and use for this
> race.

similarly I couldn't get on to post my predictions and you shouldn't be able to post after qauli 1 has started.

Suppose better get these in in case the forum goes offline: :)

1. JB
2. JT
3. SV
4. RB
5. TG
6. FA
7. LH
8. FM

Pole: JT : 81350
Fastest lap: SV : 81750

Williams

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 07:47PM by The Lopper.
Pole. JT 81378

1. SV
2. JB
3. TG
4. MW
5. FM
6. RB
7. LH
8. FA

FLap. JB 81499

X (@ed24f1)
I'm not getting into trouble this time

Pole. Glock 81400

1. Barrichello
2. Glock
3. Kubica
4. Vettel
5. Button
6. Alonso
7. Massa
8. Trulli

FLap. Rosberg 82000

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
1. Massa
2. Vettel
3. Button
4. Rosberg
5. Raikkonen
6. Webber
7. Glock
8. Alonso

Pole: Button - 81553
Fastest Lap: Rosberg - 81811

I'm in place for the 2009 Spanish GP. WOW!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So umm can I join or am I too late?
1. Button
2. Massa
3. Alonso
4. Barrichello
5. Raikkonen
6. Vettel
7. Glock
8. Trulli

Pole: Button - 81200
Fastest Lap: Vettel - 82000
1.Button
2.Rosberg
3.Vettel
4.Barrichello
5.Alonso
6.Glock
7.Webber
8.Raikkonen

Pole: Button = 81500
FL: Rosberg = 81980

Ferrari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 01:27AM by SAMF1.
Fail Post ;) Ignore

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 10:43AM by Ferrari2007.
Pole. SV 81369

1. SV
2. RB
3. JT
4. FA
5. JB
6. MW
7. TG
8. KN

Fastest Lap. RB 81982

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2008 Fantasy F1 Cars - Click my sig to see the thread - Downloads available on www.gp4db.com

GPG Nations Cup - Team Peru Principal
1. Jenson Button
2. Sebastian Vettel
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Felipe Massa
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Jarno Trulli
7. Lewis Hamilton
8. Fernando Alonso

pole: Jenson Button: 81468
fastest lap: Jenson Buton: 81869

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 12:38PM by kimifanaat.
ROBITUSSIN JR. - Join up, anyone can join anytime :)

Ferrari2007 - you've got two Poles (I'll take the last for now) and LM? Is that LH?

Mine:

1. KR
2. JB
3. TG
4. RB
5. NR
6. FM
7. LH
8. JT

Pole FM 80762
FLap KR 81457

____
Tony

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 12:28PM by b-tone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy