Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: Brawn GP (topic rename)
Date: March 30, 2009 02:03AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Virgin might be the least "blank" and "dull" corporation on the planet. You know. Interesting stuff, with an owner doing interesting things. Rather than making mobile coffins for a target audience for an age group that is in triple digits.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 30, 2009 11:49AM
Posted by: Craigo
I read over at BBC that Brawn are meant to bringing in a new sidepod design worth a suspected 3 tenths a lap..?

Date: March 30, 2009 12:18PM
Posted by: IWE
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Virgin might be the least "blank" and "dull"
> corporation on the planet. You know. Interesting
> stuff, with an owner doing interesting things.
> Rather than making mobile coffins for a target
> audience for an age group that is in triple
> digits.

Might be, but for me it is still boring and dull. Mostly because I dont even know anything about whole brand. Owner might be doing interesting things, but I doubt they will be doing anything so interesting and cool with the team as BAT was doing before Honda bought the team.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 30, 2009 12:41PM
What did BAT do that was interesting?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 30, 2009 01:24PM
Posted by: montoya6k
Craigo Wrote:
> I read over at BBC that Brawn are meant to
> bringing in a new sidepod design worth a suspected
> 3 tenths a lap..?

Honestly,i prefer their car to leave just like that,and im just gonna focus setting up the car,instead of mixing and experimenting unusual shapes for their BGp 001,although i cannot say exactly if its good,because we are taking about ross brawn here,the genius behind this wheel.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: March 30, 2009 01:42PM
Posted by: danm
well theyll obviously have the original, it just might be that jenson does his laps on the old, rubens tests the new ones and comes out 0.3s faster than his laps on the original so they swap and update both cars overall.

good news though, but i hope they don't turn all red, thats a bit overkill by branson.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 30, 2009 01:53PM
Posted by: senninho
I don't think they'd need to be all red - Virgin's colours are generally white with red highlights:

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Something like that, with the scarlet lady on the engine cover?

Date: March 30, 2009 02:43PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> What did BAT do that was interesting?

Some of the most beautiful liveries in F1 history (some of these before BAR team, but anyway).
Most expensive 0points season in F1 history. ;)
Image of their team including rebelling against FIA already before their first race. Bonneville events..

Not much, but Virgin is just blank for me..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 30, 2009 02:56PM
Some of the most beautiful liveries in F1 history

I don't think any of them get anywhere near the most beautiful liveries. But some of them can get the most horrific livery in F1 history award. And painting 2 cars different colours is hardly rebellious.

Bonneville is cool though.

Virgin. Lets see. The owner decided to randomly fly round the world in a balloon. He broke the record for an amphibious car crossing the channel. And now he got a bit bored so decided to build SPACESHIPS. Yeah - motherf**king SPACESHIPS. How less bland can you get?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 30, 2009 03:25PM
Ya okay. About that I didnt know.

And Im not smoker, but with "some of these before BAR team" I did mean more what I have readed about these cars:

But ok. Lets say Virgin BGP is atleast not going to direction of "my earth dream" save the world boredom.

Date: March 30, 2009 03:53PM
Posted by: sasjag
Sir Richard Awesome Branson owns/invested in a company with has developed clean burning fuels - he's in F1 to try push it in, so in one sense he's trying to do that. But also make ££££$$$€€€ and have a damn @#$%& good time whilst he's at it.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 30, 2009 06:46PM
Posted by: The Lopper
BAT/BAR-Honda was deadly boring. I don't see how they were doing anythig interesting. The liveries sucked as well. While BAT own John Player, Rothmans which all had epic grand prix liveries, it is a bit unfair to attribute all this to BAT. On the other hand, Richard Branson is probably the most interesting CEO out there with the possible exception of Michael O'Leary of Ryanair. Seeing Virgin involved in F1 is exciting and to me evokes the Benson and Hedges era Jordan. Faaaaatastic.
Date: March 31, 2009 02:23PM
well.. For me Virgin is boring. And now I most say its even less than that: [f1.gpupdate.net]

Why the team wasnt good enought when they really needed help? And now this 'wannabe über cool' sure is offering his help and wants to be the god and king of everything. What ever..

Date: March 31, 2009 02:53PM
Posted by: senninho
I'm liking 'Sir Richard AWESOME Branson' - how apt :)

It also reminds me of Jacques @#$%& Villeneuve ;)

Date: March 31, 2009 03:02PM
Posted by: matt3454
I just wish that nick fry would have his voice taken over as well

Date: March 31, 2009 03:13PM
Posted by: Imran
"well.. For me Virgin is boring"

Says someone with a Toyota picture in his signature

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 31, 2009 03:58PM
Posted by: montoya6k
well,theirs nothing wrong with brandson or some people are just jealous,but anyway,i like brandson in the way he makes profit

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 04:00PM by montoya6k.
Date: March 31, 2009 04:35PM
Nothing wrong with beeing rich or making profit, but I dislike people who doesnt do anything except turn their jacket and collect the glory.

But whatever..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 04:35PM by IWE.
Date: March 31, 2009 05:58PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Nick Fry's voice was a shock when I first heard it last weekend, I must not have been listening before.

Date: March 31, 2009 05:59PM
Posted by: jbnd05
The virgin still red hot after 25 years advert is classic imo too, good sense of humour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy