The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
skinnyman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [img511.imageshack.us]
> .jpg
>
> Wont happen but its funny ;)

Why can't it happen. I believe that the car is quick and it is so unpredictable this year that it wouldn't surprise me if they did win. I put a £10 on Button for the championship at 40-1 and now they are taking bets at 16-1. Barrichello was 125-1 yesterday and now is 25-1. Just shows that the bookies believe they have a chance. For all these people that say they are running underweight cars is absolute crap as there is no logic in it. If they have a car at the front of the grid winning races and championships then they will definitely get a sponsor for the following season.
Can't wait, i hope Jenson is back in the action once again where he should be

Yeah same but I really hope barrichello wins the championship...FINALY! After being 2nd best the most of his career....

Go Rubens! :)

[batracer.com]
According to William Hill, Button is the favourite for race victory at 7-2 odds. Put £20 on so hope he can do it
if the brawn car really is as good as other teams, drivers and test performance shows...

button winning the british grand prix :D
rubens winning the brazillian grand prix in what could be his last visit there! after all the bad luck, all the misery, this would be out of this world.

those two results alone would caps a brilliant potential season now add to that lewis struggling and having to work a lot harder for his results, a few more kubica wins, heidfelds maiden win, regular trulli podiums and odd wins, kimi back on form... ahh!

a very exciting season awaits! :D

if mclarne are bad, i alread expected them to drop heikki, and a bad season may just promote this (unrelated, but i can really see it happening) and them chasing glock or rosberg.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
danm Wrote:
> if the brawn car really is as good as other teams,
> drivers and test performance shows...
>
> button winning the british grand prix :D
> rubens winning the brazillian grand prix in what
> could be his last visit there! after all the bad
> luck, all the misery, this would be out of this
> world.
>
> those two results alone would caps a brilliant
> potential season now add to that lewis struggling
> and having to work a lot harder for his results, a
> few more kubica wins, heidfelds maiden win,
> regular trulli podiums and odd wins, kimi back on
> form... ahh!
>
> a very exciting season awaits! :D
>
> if mclarne are bad, i alread expected them to drop
> heikki, and a bad season may just promote this
> (unrelated, but i can really see it happening) and
> them chasing glock or rosberg.

If that happened then argh i can't wait for this season. Brawn are making this THE season to remember
danm Wrote:
> if the brawn car really is as good as other teams,
> drivers and test performance shows...
>
> button winning the british grand prix :D
> rubens winning the brazillian grand prix in what
> could be his last visit there! after all the bad
> luck, all the misery, this would be out of this
> world.

If the Brawn does end up being the best car... Imagine Rubens clinching the Championship at Interlagos! ;)

thats all i can think about is rubens being the number 1 guy for the first time and actually having a chance.

for all those doubters, if he actually did get to win brazil imagine the uproar!

and then the possibility of the entire championship... wow. i hate waiting!

bruno might not be able to come back.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
haha, but a win at brazil would make Rubens the driver to remember for all of us. We think his days are gone and then boom! he clinches the World Title
Monza972 schrieb:
> haha, but a win at brazil would make Rubens the
> driver to remember for all of us. We think his
> days are gone and then boom! he clinches the World
> Title

Massa would cry more than he did at Interlagos last year, wouldn't he? ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Lex Wrote:
> Monza972 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > haha, but a win at brazil would make Rubens the
> > driver to remember for all of us. We think his
> > days are gone and then boom! he clinches the
> World
> > Title
>
>
> Massa would cry more than he did at Interlagos
> last year, wouldn't he? ;)

He'd be happy I guess lol
Just realized!!!

Melbourne, ONE week later Malaysia. Then the normal break, and China then again ONE week later Bahrain :D

Two back-to-backs in the first 4 races :D:D:D:D!!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
yes, its a good start to the season, unlike the drawn out one last year.

X (@ed24f1)
2 weeks to go, this feels so close it's almost unreal!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Awesome! The winter's gone so quickly. A matter of days and we're off for the most exciting start to a season I can remember! This must be the first race thread on GPG that's ever bridged an entire winter break.

I think just because the talk got onto 09, so the topic was simply changed :)!

Winter gone quick? Speak for yourself! Not quick enough!

So who is going to redbutton the practice? I am willing to do FP1, but FP2 I dont think ill be able to handle, well certainly not the rest of the people in the house :p!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
What times are the practices? (UK)

Ok so how fast does everyone think all the teams are relative to each other?

I think at the moment it looks like its Renault (well Alonso anyway) fastest, then Brawn, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Mclaren, Williams, Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Force India.

Although I really think all of the top 8 teams could win races this year.

And I dont think I have ever been as excited about a new season as this one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 12:09PM by SexySam182.
Unless Brawn are running illegally, then they are certainly faster than Renault, both in stints and one-off laps.

Brawn & Ferrari, BMW & Renault, Toyota & McLaren, Red Bull, Williams, Force India & Toro Rosso.

Only question marks that remain: Ferrari seem to be sandbagging a touch, everyone seems to think BMW are doing it too as they did last year, Renault have improved a lot over the last couple of days and Red Bull have either gone backwards or they're in sandbag mode too. Other than that, unless Brawn get their diffuser banned, then they're looking as good as Ferrari, and probably more reliable, though they'll probably drop back as the season goes on, while obviously McLaren and probably Renault will keep moving forward.

As far as championships go, if Brawn never use a KERS system (they're certainly not going to have one in the first third of the season, and I think it's unlikely they'll have one this year), then they're going to struggle massively if they drop behind other cars. In standard conditions, they'll be relying on being surprising in any overtaking moves against a car with KERS, and that's something neither Button or Barrichello are very good at. They've got no chance of a standard overtake on a straight against a car with KERS, so I think it's asking a bit much to go through the season without having to overtake anyone, while they'll be easy meat to anyone faster than them. Unless they're something like a second faster in Melbourne, then I can't see them winning either title, as the other teams ought to out-develop them and have the advantage on off-days of still being able to be in a decent position.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy