The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
Now we're talking, guys:-)

On topic of Melbourne's race, bad financial news, look bellow or click on the link

[afp.google.com]

MELBOURNE (AFP) — This year's Australian Formula One Grand Prix lost a record 40 million dollars (27 million US dollars), the Victorian state government said Friday.

The blowout in the cost of staging the government-backed race comes just months after a deal was reached to continue hosting the event around the Albert Park street circuit.

Premier John Brumby said that while the economic benefits of the race were significant he refused to say at what point the event would become financially unsustainable.

Damn, I love Melbourne race, hopefully money will be there in the future?
Who of the Australians on the forum has been to the race, which one, what was your experience?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
I went this year and it was ****ing HOT!!!!!!

Good fun though
gareth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I went this year and it was ****ing HOT!!!!!!
>
> Good fun though

Details, gareth, we need details.
Tell us your story.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
We were on the inside at turn 11 for both qualy and the race which was actually not a bad spot and quite close - maybe only 10-15m away as they hit the apex of 11 and then we'd watch them absolutely blast away from 12. Got to see the start of Glock bite it which was pretty cool, I saw his car launch then it disappeared into a cloud of dust. Also a good spot to see which cars were hooked in - the McLarens were noticeably faster than anyone else through there

Absoluetly sucked that Webber was out after the first lap, but funny watching every Ferrari fan around us at the start.

Also sweated about 35328292 litres, but probably inhaled about that volume of dust to compensate
gareth Wrote:
> I went this year and it was ****ing HOT!!!!!!
>
> Good fun though

The hottest Australian GP ever, was it not? Something like 38C on race day.
In freezing Scotland I was jealous, I can tell ya! :)

RE the bad financial situation - Damn credit crunch :(

gareth Wrote:
> We were on the inside at turn 11 for both qualy
> and the race which was actually not a bad spot and
> quite close - maybe only 10-15m away as they hit
> the apex of 11 and then we'd watch them absolutely
> blast away from 12. Got to see the start of Glock
> bite it which was pretty cool, I saw his car
> launch then it disappeared into a cloud of dust.
> Also a good spot to see which cars were hooked in
> - the McLarens were noticeably faster than anyone
> else through there
>
> Absoluetly sucked that Webber was out after the
> first lap, but funny watching every Ferrari fan
> around us at the start.
>
> Also sweated about 35328292 litres, but probably
> inhaled about that volume of dust to compensate

Are there any video walls there, if not how did you follow the race?
Anyone had mobile TV or such?
Tell me about the prices, do they go super high, do they take your drinks, food away, when you enter the area?
What was the price for the ticket, got any autographs, have you met sisters Minogue ?...
You know the usual...

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 10:57PM by BAR#10.
BAR#10 Wrote:
Are there any video walls there, if not how did you follow the race?
Anyone had mobile TV or such?
Tell me about the prices, do they go super high, do they take your drinks, food away, when you enter the area?
What was the price for the ticket, got any autographs, have you met sisters Minogue ?...
You know the usual...

Yup, we had a video screen on the other side of the track directly across from us whch was great.
Prices were what you'd expect for an event, although pre-mixed alcohol was expensive but beer was ok. You could bring your own food and drink in, but no alcohol though.
Can't remember what we paid for the tickets, but we only got Genral Admission so it wasn't too bad. If you're going (and I imagine it's the same for any GP), definitely go on the Saturday to do all the side attractions and things - we did the pitstop challeneges for both F1 and V8s which was good fun, photos with the ING girls etc because the crowd just about trebled on race day so no chance of doing anything then.
They had water trucks cruising around the golf course out the back spraying water for people, it was hilarious watching people crowd around the back of it and follow it around trying to cool off!
No autographs or anything, but did spend some time in the V8 paddock just as they were all coming back after a race which was good. No Minogues either unfortunately :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 11:10PM by gareth.
I think it was actually 41. I was at turn 8, which is really good there, just at the exit of 8, so you can hear them accelerate past you, and hear them downshifting into 7/8.

I hope they dont run out of water next year!

not good about the loss of profit though -

2013 - Nando must come through..
Think you can stretch it out till 27th March. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
If you allow me to spam we can stretch it untill dooms day

yes, it was extremely hot this year!

ticket price was reasonable, there were some great general admission spots as well if you wanted them (such as the exit of T2 where i watched saturday practice)

yes, you can get autographs with a general admission ticket, all you have to do is go around the back of the pit building at the end or start of the day. this year i got about 25 autographs in all, which was superb!

should i list them all now, maybe one per day? ;)

X (@ed24f1)
If you taken any photos guys, this is where you should post them too!:-)

Race start of 2008 Melbourne race, taken by someone at the start finish line:)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

/Ed, maybe one a week, with a description and history of person who gave you autograph. It could be your section, column if you will:D
//Jethro, where' s that 10 pounds?;)
///Thanks, Mal, that's the spirit.:-)
//// Oh, in case it was a question if I think we can strech it till March 27th? Who knows, let's see what happens.
/////The dot instead of question mark at the end of mortal's sentence seemed as he was thinking, that we can, but it can also be a question:D

GPGSL career;

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 08:07PM by BAR#10.
no news....nothing....zip

SAMF1 Wrote:
> no news....nothing....zip

Since the latest news was that Melbourne has problems with money,and suffered 27 million USD loss, no news is - good news;-)

GPGSL career;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 05:55PM by BAR#10.
gareth Wrote:
> No Minogues
> either unfortunately :)

Stay away from Kylie! ;)
Guimengo Wrote:
>
> Stay away from Kylie! ;)

I much prefer Kylie to Danni :)
STAY AWAY FROM KYLIE!
Doesn't help my cause that she lives so far away :p

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Best Kylie song - Finer Feelings

GPGSL career;
after seeing a live presentation of Can't Get You Out of My Head back in 2002 on TV, I couldn't get her out of my head and then Come into My World and Love at First Sight came out :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy