Favourite Driver Voting is Open!!

Posted by SexySam182 
Favourite Driver Voting is Open!!
Date: September 30, 2008 12:13AM
Posted by: SexySam182
I know most people have their favourite driver in their sig. But I thort it would be cool for eveyone to post who their favourite driver is and why. Then tally up who is overall GPGs fave. I expect it to be Raikkonen, with just one vote for Mr Piquet.

Obviously mine is Alonso, he's been my favourite since his first race at Renault in 03, because he generally is the whole package. Voting Open!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 10:06AM by mortal.
Re: Favourite Driver
Date: September 30, 2008 12:42AM
Posted by: ro4die
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! That is an opportunist joke of Alonso's fan, but anyway I'm in... Felipe Massa is the best!
Date: September 30, 2008 12:56AM
Posted by: matt3454
I dont have a favourite driver, just anyone who beats ferrari ;)

I love to see an underdog win or do well though, my favourite for the last few years though was Sato in the Super Aguri.

Being British I do like to see Hamilton, Button, Coulthard etc do well but I don't share the same enthusiasm about Hamilton as the rest of the UK.

The strange thing is though that i used to really not like Massa, mainly as i saw him as an average driver in a very very good car. But this year he has really drove really well but suffered from bad luck. Apart from the first two races where he couldn't seem to drive without traction control and in Silverstone where he really couldnt drive in the wet ;).

Date: September 30, 2008 01:06AM
Posted by: danm
ive liked rosberg since the gp2 days, and instantly grew to like vettel when i met him at silverstone in 2006. so they are my two current faves.

before then tho, i was a fan of herbert and alesi.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 30, 2008 01:21AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
My favourite driver is Fisichella.
I've followed him since I started watching F1 as a nine year old in 1997.
He has a great style, he always looks like he's going slow, when (most of the time) he isn't.
Plus he's always been able to drive the wheels off a rubbish car.
He's not the type to change his style though, and the 'on rail' cars of the past few seasons haven't suited him I don't think.
Next year will be interesting, back to slicks, less aero, I think he'll do better than this year.
Date: September 30, 2008 01:43AM
Posted by: n00binio
vettel. nothing to add.
Date: September 30, 2008 02:19AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
My favourite of all time is so far, dead ...sad day, 14 years ago, may rest in peace. As i'm religious I hope he is okay in a better place.

now have to go a bit off-topic!

i've become a Ferrari supporter after had to make an engineering work based in the Scuderia, between all the mechanical stuff, design and development we had to study there was also understaning their story and compromise with this all, since then I got a better look in whoever drives for Ferrari , so my "favourite" ( i mean not that i'm a fan of a person but the ones i prefer to win) drivers are in general the 2 of the scuderia (whoever they are) they can be Schumi, or Rubens or Kimi or Felipe whatever..

Anyways for the moment i tend to defend a bit more Felipe in these terms, for me Kimi already proven himself, (he is champion what need to say more?) while Massa needs still this for the eyes of many, i think 2008 has been a year alot ppl got proved wrong about him , but seems it is not enough and sometimes there's much disrespect from ppl

i hope he makes it this year , and together with Kimi bring the WCC

altough, Lewis is a very talented driver, if he and Mclaren win it'll be totally deserved, I learnt to have respect for Ron's team many years ago when there was still Ayrton running , my opinion unconciously may be biased but try to be neutral in the forums and try to respect ppl that have different opinions even if the most hot headed comes to bash

however, sometime ago there was some big constraint caused to the rest of the users and for the mods caused by a discussion had with another user, my apoligies to everyone , but in this particular case there was some of personal stuff involved, again i'm sorry.

I think in the end it's all about respect, some ppl do not remeber that when discussing , others forget drivers are also humans and so deserve it too, well can just try to keep contributing for good discussion in these boards!
Date: September 30, 2008 02:35AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ayrton Senna
François Cévert
Jim Clark

Current grid:
Rubens Barrichello
Fernando Alonso
Date: September 30, 2008 02:42AM
Posted by: chet
All time - Hill.

Currently - Button, Alonso, Rosberg and I wouldnt say Lewis was a favourite but ive supported him for a good while now so he is up there. But mainly JB, FA and NR.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 30, 2008 03:01AM
Posted by: ro4die
Of all the times? Perhaps I found that it was only of this season, well for me the best pilot ever without a doubt is the Nelson Piquet, the Eliseo Salazar does not think the same but... hahahahahahaha!
Date: September 30, 2008 03:20AM
Posted by: Bruninho
All Time Greatest:
Ayrton Senna (80's & 90's)
Gilles Villeneuve (70's)
Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart (60's)

Current grid (in this order):
Fernando Alonso
Robert Kubica
Jenson Button
Nelsinho Piquet
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Raikkönen
Sebastian Vettel

Future:
Bruno Senna

Date: September 30, 2008 05:13AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Past: Mika Hakkinen
Present: Anyone who drives for McLaren.

Date: September 30, 2008 08:11AM
Posted by: gav
All time:
Alesi
To a lesser degree Senna (more admired than being a fan)
Mansell's never say die attitude

Currently:
None

Like aspects of drivers. Hamilton's flair, Alonso's grit and determination in the face of adversity, Kimi's off track persona, Massa and Rubens's easy going style, Vettel's smiling face, DC and Webber's willingness to say what they see.

Haven't been a fan of anyone since Alesi though, and even then it was more because he was so spectacular and unpredictable.
Date: September 30, 2008 09:02AM
Posted by: Nickv
I've always been a McLaren fan and they always had a driver I liked (Hakkinen, Raikkonen and now both Hamilton and Heikki)
Date: September 30, 2008 09:13AM
Posted by: Slash
Alesi was amazing!, i'm trying to find the suzuka 2001 qualy lap in the Jordan

anyways

past: Ralf and Michael Schumacher,
non F1- Dario Franchitti, Alex Zanardi, Marcel Tiemann, Ari Vatannen, Greg Moore (RIP) and of course Richard Burns (RIP) and Colin Mcrae (RIP)
present: Massa, Button, Heidfeld, Alonso,
non F1 Petter Solberg
Date: September 30, 2008 09:13AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
I've aways been a fan of Hakkinen, and after that Raikkonen who replaced him. Now I'm still a fan of Raikkonen, but also of Vettel.
Date: September 30, 2008 09:16AM
Posted by: Peat
Easy, Jean Alesi.

I remember being at 1992 Silverstone practice, not having a clue about this motorsport lark, and hearing him stabbing at the throttle of the delicious V12. Instantly hooked! I will take it to the grave.

Date: September 30, 2008 09:16AM
Posted by: james84
At the moment, Kubica, Vettel, Fisichella and Trulli, and the two Ferrari drivers.
Date: September 30, 2008 09:36AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Drivers: Kimi Raikkonen, obvious ;) and in a lesser degree Kubica and Vettel.

Teams: BMW

Non-F1: Rossi, Lorenzo.

Date: September 30, 2008 10:04AM
Posted by: marcl
Past Senna.

Then anyone who drives for mclaren.

I have followed Lewis since f3 so I follow him more than other drivers really.

I also like massa as I think he has over come alot in F1, when he started he was just fast but rubbish now I feel he is becoming a complete driver. Alot have this gift to start with but he has worked and worked on it.

My biggest let down driver is kimi, I thought he would be one of the greats but he just does not seem to want it which is a shame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 10:54AM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy