Italian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Italian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 16, 2008 08:53AM
Posted by: marcl
You could say the same about kimi only when the track was drying did he get on with it :)

If you listen to what lewis said he took it easy at the start of the race then got on with it, what is the point spinning off on lap 1.

Quali 2 he was on the wrong tyres, and could not get any heat in the brakes hense the need for mclaren to grind them.

Silverstone was really wet are you telling us he can not drive in heavy rain?
Date: September 16, 2008 09:49AM
Posted by: Ali
Hamilton is good in the wet, but he is not the rain master (as he seems to believe he is).

On the other hand, Hamilton has very big problems with tyre management. He should learn to take care of them if he want to dominate a championship.
Date: September 16, 2008 10:18AM
Its actually a problem with the mclaren, kovy has problems as well hense why his race pace drops off.

I was thinking the other day, the 2 teams most affected by cold temps are ferrari and toyota. Do you think this could be due to the fact that they tested in Barhain during winter testing when the others stayed in Europe and tested in cooler weather?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 10:23AM by marcl.
Date: September 16, 2008 10:27AM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its actually a problem with the mclaren, kovy has
> problems as well hense why his race pace drops
> off.
>
> I was thinking the other day, the 2 teams most
> affected by cold temps are ferrari and toyota. Do
> you think this could be due to the fact that they
> tested in Barhain during winter testing when the
> others stayed in Europe and tested in cooler
> weather?

could be very well like that...that's why Ferrari will instead of Jerez go to the Mugello and will test hopefully in cold/rainy weather to solve their big tyre heating issues.
Date: September 16, 2008 11:21AM
Posted by: Sapo
Lol, may be there are optimal Hamilton-weathercircumstances.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 16, 2008 11:44AM
Posted by: LS.
dkpioe Wrote:
> Hamilton has got a lot of praise for his speed in
> the wet but i think he was lucky, he was only fast
> when the rain was light, in qualifying 2 and at
> the start of the race when they were both very
> wet, he was nowhere, and i think if it had stayed
> as wet as during the start of the race, he would
> have finished where he started. so i did not like
> the itv idiots saying "where was the real hamilton
> in qualifying?" hw was in the car, and he wasnt
> very good.

did you not see Fuji last year? Silverstone this year? I don't see Hamilton having an equal in wet weather.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 11:44AM by LS..
Date: September 16, 2008 12:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Vettel says otherwise. And he does it in a Toro Rosso, not a McLaren.

Hamiltons unequalled wet weather performance looked fantastic in China and the Italian GP qualifying.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2008 12:40PM
Posted by: casabonka
and on the end of a crane in Nurburg :P

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: September 16, 2008 01:06PM
Posted by: red 5
regarding LH: I am not really sure LH is regenmeister because he made too many mistakes in ww conditions.
other than that I read in august issue of F1 racing that he was infact the only driver out of top ten on ww setup in silverstone.
If it is true than there is nothing special really about his performance in that race.
He is very good driver in ww conditions but there were and are better. Out of the current crop really
there are KR, FA, SV who are more less equal if not even better than LH.

regarding torro rosso recent performance: there is a theory that circulates the webspace that says
that RBR halted all the work on their car and focused on 2009 car and that STR is continuing developement
of theif car because they wil have to start 2009 with this years car because they wont be able to
buy the new car from RBR. But that theory is just silly, because:
1.rules will change for 2009 so all that supposed developement made by STR will infact be useless next year.
2.both RBR and STR are buying chassis from 3rd party: RB developement factory which is infact legal
(much like larousse lola situation or BAR reynard), so there is no obstacle other than financial for STR to
start next season with new car.

My question is why is STR that much quicker than RBR at the moment?

Is it because ferrari found extra BHP? Is it because RBR has one completely unmotivated and one questionabe driver?
Is it because RBR is that much different from STR that it suits ferrari engine better than renault? Is STR...?

Date: September 16, 2008 01:16PM
Posted by: Nickv
Fact is that the Ferrari engine is better than the Renault engine. I also think that drivers might be an issue. DC isn't really motivated anymore and neither is Webber. It's good for Webber that Vettel comes over to RBR. Webber will have a teammate who's stronger than he is, which may remotivate him again.
Date: September 16, 2008 01:22PM
Posted by: marwood82
DaveEllis Wrote:

> Hamiltons unequalled wet weather performance
> looked fantastic in China and the Italian GP
> qualifying.

to be fair, whilst he may not be as great in the wet as some are saying, those 2 occasions were as much to do with the state of/wrong choice of his tyres than his driving ability.
Date: September 16, 2008 01:30PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He was 2 seconds slower than Massa on full wets, whilst Massa was on the track at the same time. Whilst his pace was excusable at the start of the session when he screwed up the tyre choice, after he switched to wets and was on equal footing he was even worse.

China, everybody, including himself, knew the tyres were bad. He stayed out on them and then found the only gravel trap in the circuit, funnily enough in the pit lane, to finish it off in. The tyres were in that state because of him. Quite similar to how his inters were destroyed after only half a stint at Monza too. When it comes to the wet Lewis is erratic at best, swapping between brilliant, and so far has shown he has no ability to manage the tyres through a stint.

STR v RBR.

Well the Ferrari engine is better isn't it. That much is obvious. DC is leaving, and Webber is over rated. However Bourdais is motivated to try and keep his seat, and Vettel is just raw talent. The high speeds of Monza, and rain tending to equalise things, Vettel had the perfect opportunity to thrive and did so, whilst Webber done his usual trick of slowly slip down the field - something he perfected during his Jaguar days.

Webber isn't a new boy anymore. Hes been around for awhile now, and hasn't really done much other than beat a few poor team mates and get flattered by the Jagaurs tendency to overuse its tyres in qualifying. If he wants to go anywhere in F1, then he better get a move on. At this rate he won't even manage a second rate career similar to DCs, as even the top teams won't look at him right now. Give Vettel time to mature in that Red Bull seat and we'll see who's where.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 01:33PM by DaveEllis.
Date: September 16, 2008 01:34PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
"Toyota's Timo Glock was also not pleased when asked about Hamilton's driving.

"I do not know what he was thinking. I was right next to him but he left me no room. Sometimes he drives as though he is completely alone on the track," the German is quoted as saying by RTL.

"The next time I am with him (on track), I will behave with him in exactly the same way," Glock promised."
Date: September 16, 2008 02:41PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Yh im not surprised with Glocks comment tbh.
Soon Hamilton will realise 'what goes around, comes around'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 03:01PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: September 16, 2008 02:48PM
Yes, someone should give this guy the taste of his own medicine. But I am not sure if there are drivers in the current field who will jeopardise their result in order to give him the lesson. Maybe DC, he's got nothing to lose.

Date: September 16, 2008 02:59PM
MS got away with it for years did not see you complain then :)

DC was the only guy willing to do the MS chop at the start of a race to MS and MS crashed lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 03:14PM by marcl.
Date: September 16, 2008 03:16PM
ORLY?

even my (@) complained.

most recently at rascasse gate.

and before there were no internets so we complained eswhere (adelaide 94, jerez 97) but that doesnt mean there were no complaints

Date: September 16, 2008 03:19PM
Red 5 I did not mean u.

There were people here saying the block ms done to alonso at silverstone was fair and the block ms done on mika at spa was fair.

Also MS and Hill at Spa was fair when they were banging wheels etc. Also people used to say the MS chop at the start of a race was ok as it was 1 move, yet when Lewis done it it was not fair.

So if they are fair I dont see how these people can say what Lewis done was not fair simple as that.

Plus I am 99% sure if it was MS, Alonso or Kimi people would be saying great racing.

I said the moves MS were not correct and I have said the same about Lewis.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 03:25PM by marcl.
Date: September 16, 2008 03:28PM
oh I see. no problems. :)

funny thing is how people tend to have double standards. Most spectacular example is however when there is a fanboy who supports multiple drivers and then two of his favourite drivers collide.

Date: September 16, 2008 03:32PM
Also why did Vettel not get a penalty for holding up Trulli who was on a quali lap in q2? It looks like it was missed.

JT: We knew that heavier rain was forecast and you had to do your time early in the session. I did mine on my first flying lap but I was held up by Sebastian Vettel, who slowed down in front of me before the Parabolica and forced me to lift. It was a dangerous situation in those conditions. I was only 0.17s away from fastest Q2 time and without that incident I could have been quickest.

He got through but was held up just like webber in France then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 03:42PM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy