Italian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Italian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 15, 2008 10:11AM
Posted by: marcl
Thats the thing though you are not in F1 to make friends your in there to race, when you look at past world champions the only one that really got on with just about everyone was Mika H. It will come back to bite him though I agree there, again though like last year mclaren need to calm him down. There will be a situation soon where someone will do what Hill used to do when MS tried to pass him and that is make it very hard.

I just dont want to see Vettel getting the odd 3rd place when he could be winning races, he might be able to lift rbr and I think he is going to beat Webber with hardly any problem. Look at button/alesi for example in a top car he would win races, its now been to long and people have forgotten him.

I think massa will win this years drivers championship as just like last year Lewis has lost the plot near the end, but mclaren will get the other one.

He was stupid taking that risk in quali, when you are fighting for a world championship you dont take risks like that in quali. If Kovy is capable to get the car 2nd on the gird then so is lewis, they lost 6 points in spa and tbh probably more in Monza I am not saying he would have won the race but again 2nd would have been good and possible. With 1st in spa and 2nd in monza with massa where he was the championship would be near enough Lewis.

The main weekness lewis has is his thinking power, he does not fully think things through before he does them. The pass on kimi in spa did he need to race kimi? no. Did he need to take the risk last year in China or Brazil? no. As I said this is where Lewis is week and its affecting him.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 11:09AM by marcl.
Date: September 15, 2008 11:58AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hamilton drove very dangereously today (again!) he
> almost pushed out Fisischella,Glock and did push
> Webber out and touched with Alonso!

Christ, you (not necessarly you personally vesuvius, just in general) bitch and whinge when the drivers just follow each other around with no passing, and then you still criticise when someone such as Hamilton takes the initiative and goes on the attack. He was firm but fair with everyone although the only criticism I had was his defending on Webber which was a bit naughty. Otherwise it was awesomely compelling stuff and a joy to watch.

Great for Vettel as well, fantastic to see.

Date: September 15, 2008 12:01PM
Webber has not complained about it and he would have been the 1st to as we have seen in past.

Fissi was also weaving to keep lewis back, but yet again not mentioned. Brundle said at the time what fissi was doing was not on.

Also how many races this year has DC either hit someone or been hit? It must be all bar maybe 1 or 2.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 12:16PM by marcl.
Date: September 15, 2008 12:30PM
Posted by: mcdo
Agreed. LH didn't anything worthy of penalty. It was a foolish cross in front of Webber, but the way he took the racing line against Glock was fine. He was entitled to be there and Glock just ran out of room. Even if LH knew Glock was there, you are allowed to defend your position.

Great to see a first time winner do it so dominantly. Woo hoo Vettel!
Date: September 15, 2008 01:39PM
Posted by: red 5
going back to race winner...

The simmilarity between Vettel and MS goes far beyond national anthems.
They both won their first race in their first full season, having started
their carrers year earlyier as a mid season replacements. Furthermore
they both won on the classic track in damp/wet conditions.
BUT Vettel won from P1, and benetton in '92 was clearly 3rd best car, whereas
STR '08 is at its best 5th best car if not 6th or even 7th. So cleary even stronger showing for Vettel.
And they were both well backed by major manufacturer (merc and BMW) in their
early days.

Judging by this, there is bright future for Vettel, and infact he might never go to
BMW ever, just as MS never went to Mercedes backed team, although people expected it
to happen at some point of his carrer.

Date: September 15, 2008 02:56PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Domenicalli:

At this moment, at this stage, you can see that we haven't, in our situation, taken away points from one or the other, and for sure, considering from now up to the end of the season, in the way that it's possible to do, of course Kimi will do his best to be as aggressive as possible but also consider the fact that Felipe is much closer to the leader, Lewis."

in other words, he is saying the guy is really number 2 now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 02:57PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: September 15, 2008 02:58PM
Alonso and Glock have now spoken out about the moves of lewis.

[en.f1-live.com]
Date: September 15, 2008 03:00PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yes he is number 2 now, not really a big deal.Kimi can still win races if Felipe is not behind him.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:04PM
I can not see kimi moving over but tbh he needs to get into a place to help and at the moment he is not.

Kimi will probably just switch off, he has the contract for next year so it does not matter to him.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:09PM
Kimi and Ferrari are trying to solve their issues with tyres, that's the only thing that is not working at the moment. specially when it's cold they can't heat their tyres as well as McLarens for example...and because Kimi's driving style is more smooth than Felipe's he suffers even more.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:10PM
yes he is number 2 now, not really a big deal.Kimi can still win races if Felipe is not behind him.

regardles as he hasn't won anything since Apr.27th.

Date: September 15, 2008 03:13PM
red 5 Wrote:
> yes he is number 2 now, not really a big deal.Kimi
> can still win races if Felipe is not behind him.
>
> regardles as he hasn't won anything since
> Apr.27th.

yes but he could have won 2-4 races but with some bad luck and few errors he didn't :) and this weekend at Monza when dry, Kimi was the fastes man on track, Ferrari just don't work when it's cold and rainy.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:13PM
vesuvius Wrote:
> Kimi and Ferrari are trying to solve their issues
> with tyres, that's the only thing that is not
> working at the moment. specially when it's cold
> they can't heat their tyres as well as McLarens
> for example...and because Kimi's driving style is
> more smooth than Felipe's he suffers even more.

I do not think they will keep trying to sort the problems out this year, no testing left I dont think? maybe just 1 more can not remember now. The next races are all fly away so really most of the cars that raced in Monza will have no development now, just a few bits that were tested.

Also it does not matter who is fast on Friday and Sat morning it counts on sat afternoon and sunday afternoon and kimi is just not in a good position to take advantage of his speed at the end of the race.

In fairness to kimi he shoud have won in France and canada we will not really know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 03:16PM by marcl.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:22PM
yes but he could have won 2-4 races but with some bad luck and few errors he didn't and this weekend at Monza when dry, Kimi was the fastes man on track, Ferrari just don't work when it's cold and rainy.

nah, he is just empty luftbalon at the moment, much like Hakkinen was in '01

Date: September 15, 2008 03:24PM
there is still few test days left and you can also do some work at the factory .Maybe the time will end too quickly for Kimi to find the speed for one lap but he is not far like we saw at spa and at monza when it was dry...I still think and believe Kimi will win a race this season.for next year everything will change and the tyres will be much better for Kimi but will see what happends.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:30PM
I dont think kimi will win again this year apart from maybe china if it does not rain.

The new tyres will probably not be better for kimi btw as they take longer to heat up. Its up to ferrari to make a car that heats its tyres up they are to soft on them like the mclaren was in 2006, that took to long to heat up its rears. Kimi did not really have this problem at the start of the year so maybe its a development on the car that helped massa more and not kimi?

The resason why kimi did not have such a big problem in Spa was due to the length of the lap.

We can not judge monza as there was no dry quali.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 03:32PM by marcl.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:36PM
If the car (ferrari) is so light on tyres ,why arent they (ferrari) focusing on 1 stop strategies? That could work.

Date: September 15, 2008 03:39PM
They would start to far down the top 10 and the people that are light would pull away enough to make the extra stop.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:42PM
I misread I thought you said well behind top 10, not well behind inside top 10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 03:45PM by red 5.
Date: September 15, 2008 03:44PM
Yes but if you read what I said they would end up down the order of the top 10 and that will do them no good in the race, kimi normally gets 5th or something like that on a low fuel load and can not over take people. Starting heavy and getting 10th on the grid will destroy his race and people up front will get enough of a gap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy