Request: Have some neutrality, please * Hungary spoilers because of a moron*

Posted by gav 
Just look at it this way - will what you post cause a flurry of posts from the fanboys, completely changing the conversation point of the thread? If it will, then don't bother posting it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Good grief! Post reports ad-nauseum.... It appears blatantly obvious that some of you have failed to engage the brain before pushing the post button. Everyone is well entitled to their opinion, but it does help if the post is actually post-worthy. Comments such as "screw you" do not fall within that category. They fail miserably and generate the above mentioned post reports. You should all be aware of the rules, and of what constitutes an acceptable post.
Contrary to what appears to be a popular point of view right now, we the moderators are not "ball-less." I personally am well aware of some users sneaking back in, banning some of them has been problematic, a wide ip range had to be employed in some cases and this has proved detrimental to other users, denying them their access. Not an ideal situation.
In the last week I have approved approximately twenty new users daily, so maybe in light of that fact, throwing some of you out wouldn't hurt the numbers at all. Some of you have been pushing the boundary of acceptability to the limit lately, and by doing so, you are not doing to well with the popularity stakes.
Have a thought for the fact that this not your personal domain, your private blog to vent whenever you see fit. Give that some consideration please when you post.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Comments such as "screw you" do not fall within that category.

It seems the deliberate irony of the "screw you" post, and the report which went with it, was lost on you?

I personally am well aware of some users sneaking back in

Of course you are aware. I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT.

Some of you have been pushing the boundary of acceptability to the limit lately, and by doing so, you are not doing to well with the popularity stakes.

And some people have strayed well over the boundary or acceptability every day, but nothing is done. You seemed to have missed the point of this entirely.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
No I haven't, and btw, if I actually listened to all the requests to ban people, you sir, would not have been able to make that post. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2008 08:55AM by mortal.
Yet again, a moderator spectacularly missing the point. For being such a smart-arse you don't seem to have grasped what this thread is about.

You have BANNED members, running amok and destroying the forum, and yet you give founding members "final warnings" (which are hilarious in itself, given I've seen mince pies with more integrity than the moderation on this forum) for posts which aren't even a fraction as offensive as the banned members posts. I am not asking for people to be banned, I am asking for BANS TO BE UPHELD. Members were banned for a reason, and then let back in, allowing them free reign to do what they want whilst everyone else suffers.

btw, I am reporting your post. It is more offensive than what Sim post and I request that you give yourself a final warning for, first of all, being offensive, second of all, failing to read and understand the thread correctly, and thirdly, trying to be a smart arse and failing.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Much rofl, made my day ;-)

Overdoing things is an art and some people are bloody good at it.

You cannot say that Sims post wasn't offensive in any way. Posting 'gui just stfi and realise no one likes u' (if that's the post being referred to all the time) isn't one of the nicest comments, is it? Being drunk, or being here from the beginning means jack. Gui posted something relevant to his thread (or half relevant), as it was about a gig, where he went to and found a vid with him screaming. Well, yes, that isn't the most informative post in the world, but it is more or less relevant to his thread.

After Sims post, there were people ready to back him up. Wasn't it you (or Gav, I can't remember, but you both posted in that thread) who claimed that posts should be adding something to the overall value? I can't see how Sims post added anything. Being drunk isn't an excuse. Will being drunk save you from a court case when you caused a heavy car accident? I think not! So why should it save Sim now?

Then the rest came along, posting nothing, and I mean nothing of any interest or relevance. They just grabbed their chance to bash Gui (especially you, Dave). That varied from 'ROFL' to accusing him from 'attention whoring'. All to just back up Sim, whose post had little to nothing to do with anything (the part of it I could understand anyway) and bash Gui. Wasn't it you who wanted to have a civilised discussion every now and then? I can safely say that backing up a drunken man's (offensive) post is far from having one.

Of course, Guis response was also over the line. As mortal said it was the pot calling the kettle back. His post was just as bad as Sims was.

My point is that you are complaining about how people post @#$%&, but I can say that insulting people all the time (no matter what they have posted) and giving the impression you think you're better and know everything better than everybody else (because that's what you do) isn't any better than fanboys pissing around their non-opinions around the forum.
You cannot say that Sims post wasn't offensive in any way.

Nobody has said Sims post was not offensive, only that there are posts which are FAR more offensive than that, posted by banned members, which go without problems. Sim gets a final warning for some drunken posts (which have been a part of this forum for longer than most members have) and yet we have to put up with banned members destroying threads, and fanboys being unable to hold a conversation without resulting to "LOL MASSA SUX".

They just grabbed their chance to bash Gui (especially you, Dave). That varied from 'ROFL' to accusing him from 'attention whoring'. All to just back up Sim, whose post had little to nothing to do with anything (the part of it I could understand anyway) and bash Gui.

Really? I bashed Gui? I backed up Sim? Do not assume I implied anything with my post in that thread, take it for face value. I described exactly what was happening - attention whoring. And if you find that offensive then I suggest you report it, along with posts by moderators who in the past have also called Gui an attention whore - some even posting pictures to prove the point. I fail to see how pointing out Guis continued posting in such a manner is a bash or attack upon him, especially when no personal insult was swapped. I also did not back up Sim. I posted of my own accord and explained the situation to Gui, again, like has been done countless times before. Given what the subject of the thread had become, it seems my post was one of the most civilised in it...

So why should it save Sim now?

But nobody said it should 'save' Sim. However, you already posted You've got to be kidding me :/ regarding that issue, so surely you agree to an extent anyway? You, like us, were surprised Sim could be on a final warning for his postings, given the level of quality we see on this forum. You also posted
Who cares you've had your last warning, Sim? You can always get back with a new account, that seems to be tolerated here.
, which mirrors the points I have been making

My point is that you are complaining about how people post @#$%&, but I can say that insulting people all the time (no matter what they have posted) and giving the impression you think you're better and know everything better than everybody else (because that's what you do) isn't any better than fanboys pissing around their non-opinions around the forum.

Well there are 2 topics here which you have merged, which should not be.

1 - The fanboy postings. For example "LOL MASSA"
2 - The poor moderation, linked to the insults

So let us address the first one, the fanboys. Now you say that people are complaining and acting like there posts are "better" than other peoples. Now, I see your point, this could be considered high horse. But isn't also 'logical'? Are you suggesting that every post is of similar quality? Surely posts vary, and some members make better posts than others? I think to suggest that every post is equal, and that anyone who thinks there posts are "better" is just high horse (I understand you did not use that term, but bare with me).

So, here is a real example to prove my point. Are you saying these 2 lines are of equal quality and promote the same level of conversation?

haha i pissed myself at massa, cheered like f*ck. hate the wanker!!

"Well, I'm not Massas biggest fan, and whilst it is ashame that he had an engine failure, I'm glad he retired and I'm glad Heikki won".

Those posts the essentially the same thing, but yet could not be more different.

Is it wrong for Gav, myself, or anyone else, to ask for higher standards of posting? Is it wrong that we are tired of not being able to have a conversation on a site we love?

Onto the next point - the insults. This forum has always had insults. They were here before I posted (I remember lurking back in the early GP3 days and seeing quite a few arguments) and they will be here long after I am gone (providing the site does not go first) and they were here when I was not active on this forum. To an extent, I think a little jib at each other is healthy for a forum, just like an argument can often be healthy for a relationship. Recently however it has been really bad. To the point where if someone criticise Piquet, they get a series of posts insulting them. Or to the opposite extent, if they praise Massa, they again get the series of insults thrown at them. Certain topics, such as Piquet, Massa, Barrichello, Ferrari, Kimi, and McLaren, usually end up in one massive flame fest, with people making sensible posts either ignored, or insulted by the resident fan boys (I suppose the topics are more related than I thought at first really). Only a select few topics could you actually have a full conversation without the thread destroying itself.

Now, obviously I realise that myself, Gav, and even you, have crossed the line every so often - this is why we have moderators (or rather why we should have moderators). However occasional steps over the line are a completely different problem to what is being discussed.

A major question which still has not been addressed is - why is this allowed? Why are threads allowed to deteriorate down to nothing but a complete mess, whilst other members give a little insult when drunk, or play a prank with the signature and get a "final warning"? And what is with the complete lack of enforcement on this forum anyway? We have one of the worst members in this forums history banned and allowed to return, despite not changing his ways. We have a member who has had a final warning given to him twice (not sure if my understanding of the word final is the same as others). We even members directly tell the moderators to be ban there accounts and the moderator in question simply acted like a complete c**t and tried to make a fool of the members, in ways far worse than what the original members had done in the first place.

As a former moderator of this forum, I understand how difficult it is to police. But I am also disappointed that it is being moderated so badly now days.

PS, I understand this post is massive, and that certain members have already said that they would not read large posts. I also understand this will probably spark and even larger debate, which I won't have time to participate in as much after my weekend is over, but meh, I figured since you took the time to actually post a sensible, well thought-out post, the least you deserved was a reply.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I've clearly joined the thread at the wrong point, so I'll simply say "good point well made, gav", and leave it at that.

[Website]
This is gonna be a long, long read:

DaveEllis schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nobody has said Sims post was not offensive, only
> that there are posts which are FAR more offensive
> than that, posted by banned members, which go
> without problems. Sim gets a final warning for
> some drunken posts (which have been a part of this
> forum for longer than most members have) and yet
> we have to put up with banned members destroying
> threads, and fanboys being unable to hold a
> conversation without resulting to "LOL MASSA
> SUX".
>
> They just grabbed their chance to bash Gui
> (especially you, Dave). That varied from 'ROFL' to
> accusing him from 'attention whoring'. All to just
> back up Sim, whose post had little to nothing to
> do with anything (the part of it I could
> understand anyway) and bash Gui.
>
> Really? I bashed Gui? I backed up Sim? Do not
> assume I implied anything with my post in that
> thread, take it for face value. I described
> exactly what was happening - attention whoring.
> And if you find that offensive then I suggest you
> report it, along with posts by moderators who in
> the past have also called Gui an attention whore -
> some even posting pictures to prove the point. I
> fail to see how pointing out Guis continued
> posting in such a manner is a bash or attack upon
> him, especially when no personal insult was
> swapped. I also did not back up Sim. I posted of
> my own accord and explained the situation to Gui,
> again, like has been done countless times before.
> Given what the subject of the thread had become,
> it seems my post was one of the most civilised in
> it...

Bashing isn't just one post. The bashing I mean is your contineous (sp?) rant and negative behaviour towards Gui. That has been this way since I joined GPG (spring 05). That's over three years and I can't imagine it hasn't been that way before I joined.
Your pointing out what happens isn't the problem, it's that you constantly do it, in not what you call the friendliest way. Gui posted a thread about him going to a gig and found a vid of that gig in which he screams, so what? But hey, let's point out it's attention whoring! If that's attention whoring, hows your constant rant towards the mods and everything else you don't like not attention whoring?

> So why should it save Sim now?
>
> But nobody said it should 'save' Sim. However, you
> already posted You've got to be kidding me :/
> regarding that issue, so surely you agree to an
> extent anyway? You, like us, were surprised Sim
> could be on a final warning for his postings,
> given the level of quality we see on this forum.
> You also posted
> Who cares you've had your last warning, Sim? You
> can always get back with a new account, that seems
> to be tolerated here., which mirrors the points I
> have been making

Yes, I posted that. Because all I knew at that moment was that Sim had been given his final warning because of a drunken post. I had never seen the post itself, let alone know its content. There were posts saying using Sims drunkness as an excuse for his post, or saying it's not as bad because he's drunk, while that's far from the truth.
Still, I stand by my point that you can still create a new account because it appears to tolerated. So Sim can do the same and should do the same if he gets banned, because I too can not believe that he's closer to being banned than other people, while the quality of his posts is considerably higher than from those other people.

> My point is that you are complaining about how
> people post @#$%&, but I can say that insulting
> people all the time (no matter what they have
> posted) and giving the impression you think you're
> better and know everything better than everybody
> else (because that's what you do) isn't any better
> than fanboys pissing around their non-opinions
> around the forum.
>
> Well there are 2 topics here which you have
> merged, which should not be.
>
> 1 - The fanboy postings. For example "LOL MASSA"
> 2 - The poor moderation, linked to the insults
>
> So let us address the first one, the fanboys. Now
> you say that people are complaining and acting
> like there posts are "better" than other peoples.
> Now, I see your point, this could be considered
> high horse. But isn't also 'logical'? Are you
> suggesting that every post is of similar quality?
> Surely posts vary, and some members make better
> posts than others? I think to suggest that every
> post is equal, and that anyone who thinks there
> posts are "better" is just high horse (I
> understand you did not use that term, but bare
> with me).

I think you've missed the point there. What I was doing was making a comparison between your complaining about fanboy behaviour and I-am-better-than-you behaviour from you and others, which is not at all linked to poor moderation. How was Guis video linked to poor moderation? Both fanboyism and I-am-better-than-you behaviour are as bad as eachother.
No, I do not think every post is of the same quality. What I meant is that people think they are better than other people. It's stupid to suggest every post is of the same quality, because they are simply not.

> So, here is a real example to prove my point. Are
> you saying these 2 lines are of equal quality and
> promote the same level of conversation?
>
> haha i pissed myself at massa, cheered like f*ck.
> hate the wanker!!
>
> "Well, I'm not Massas biggest fan, and whilst it
> is ashame that he had an engine failure, I'm glad
> he retired and I'm glad Heikki won".
>
> Those posts the essentially the same thing, but
> yet could not be more different.

Not relevant, see above. I however, do agree.

> Is it wrong for Gav, myself, or anyone else, to
> ask for higher standards of posting? Is it wrong
> that we are tired of not being able to have a
> conversation on a site we love?

No, I've never said that. I very much agree with asking for a higher standard of posts, because the current standard is disgracefully low. That isn't what my post was about, my post was about your behaviour towards others. Thinking you're able to tell other people what to do. Thinking you're able to say what Gui should post and what not in his own thread. And that what you do not like, you address that as attention-whoring. That video was to a certain level relevant to the thread. It was about a gig he went to, which was, coincendentally, the very subject of the thread.

> Onto the next point - the insults. This forum has
> always had insults. They were here before I posted
> (I remember lurking back in the early GP3 days and
> seeing quite a few arguments) and they will be
> here long after I am gone (providing the site does
> not go first) and they were here when I was not
> active on this forum. To an extent, I think a
> little jib at each other is healthy for a forum,
> just like an argument can often be healthy for a
> relationship. Recently however it has been really
> bad. To the point where if someone criticise
> Piquet, they get a series of posts insulting them.
> Or to the opposite extent, if they praise Massa,
> they again get the series of insults thrown at
> them. Certain topics, such as Piquet, Massa,
> Barrichello, Ferrari, Kimi, and McLaren, usually
> end up in one massive flame fest, with people
> making sensible posts either ignored, or insulted
> by the resident fan boys (I suppose the topics are
> more related than I thought at first really). Only
> a select few topics could you actually have a full
> conversation without the thread destroying
> itself.

As you say, it has been becoming worse lately, but that's not just because of fanboys. You could almost say that they might follow your example. You say you've been insulting for a long time. Of course, a little insult here and there is not bad, but the rate you are doing it at is bad. I estimate that at least 50% of your post towards Gui (and 80% towards fanboys) contains some sort of insult. Being it a clear swearing words or accusing him from all kinds of different other things. Maybe the fanboys thought 'hey, DaveEllis does it, he's a respected member, so I guess it's tolerated here'. And then it escalated. It's not just the others. But of course, this is just a guess.

> Now, obviously I realise that myself, Gav, and
> even you, have crossed the line every so often -
> this is why we have moderators (or rather why we
> should have moderators). However occasional steps
> over the line are a completely different problem
> to what is being discussed.
>
> A major question which still has not been
> addressed is - why is this allowed? Why are
> threads allowed to deteriorate down to nothing but
> a complete mess, whilst other members give a
> little insult when drunk, or play a prank with the
> signature and get a "final warning"? And what is
> with the complete lack of enforcement on this
> forum anyway? We have one of the worst members in
> this forums history banned and allowed to return,
> despite not changing his ways. We have a member
> who has had a final warning given to him twice
> (not sure if my understanding of the word final is
> the same as others). We even members directly tell
> the moderators to be ban there accounts and the
> moderator in question simply acted like a complete
> c**t and tried to make a fool of the members, in
> ways far worse than what the original members had
> done in the first place.

Yes, it is ridiculous that Sim has gotten his second final warning, while there are members far worse than him. However, his insult (drunken or not) was totally out of place and totally uncalled for.
The bashing I mean is your contineous (sp?) rant and negative behaviour towards Gui. That has been this way since I joined GPG (spring 05). That's over three years and I can't imagine it hasn't been that way before I joined.

Me and Gui have a long history of such stuff. But then again, everyone has a long history of bashing Gui, and most (important word) of the time he brings it on himself. Whilst this is not an excuse to try and make it sound morally acceptable, when you troll like he often has, you must expect a backlash.

If that's attention whoring, hows your constant rant towards the mods and everything else you don't like not attention whoring?

Attention whoring is deliberately attracting attention to yourself in order to say "hey look at me". Pointing out the problems the mods are creating is not attention whoring. It is not attracting attention to me, it is attracting attention to the problems plaguing this forum, ironicly, by the people meant to be policing it. This is completely different from attention whoring and should not be confused.

Because all I knew at that moment was that Sim had been given his final warning because of a drunken post. I had never seen the post itself, let alone know its content.

Not to sound harsh, but you probably shouldn't have posted what you did without knowing what the post was anyway.

Not relevant, see above. I however, do agree.

I see it as very relevant. It is what this topic is based on after-all.

No, I've never said that. I very much agree with asking for a higher standard of posts, because the current standard is disgracefully low. That isn't what my post was about, my post was about your behaviour towards others. Thinking you're able to tell other people what to do.

I never told anyone what to do - I asked a series of questions, which some people took offense to. Look at Pauls replies and how quickly he became offensive and refused to answer the points. Look at Mortals replies and how he quickly turned into the smart arse to dodge the points. Nobody has yet posted why they find the low quality acceptable when it comes to posts, and moderation.

What I meant is that people think they are better than other people.

Again, I don't want to nit-pick, but some people ARE better than other people. Before I go any further, I want to clarify that I am not saying I am better than anyone else here, however, to suggest that everyone is the same and no 1 person is better than another is just as silly as suggesting all posts are equal.

Thinking you're able to say what Gui should post and what not in his own thread.

Again, you need to re-read that thread and take at as face value. I was possibly the LEAST offensive person in that thread. All I did was explain to Gui where Sim was coming from. I didn't post I agree with Sim, and I didn't laugh at it like Gav did, and I didn't even post a c**t of a reply like a certain moderator did. I just explained it. Now if people need smilie faces to make them know the difference between attacks and informative posts then that is there own problem.

To address the rest of your post as a whole (I'm going out soon, so I can address parts more specificly later if you'd like), as I said before, I simply have a very low tolerance of stupid BS. However, unlike others I am willing to admit this fault. Look how Paul and Mortal responded for example - "What is wrong with that? I do hate him" What the hell is that? Seriously?

However, think of it this way - if you remove the stupid BS, you'll get a HELL of a lot less BS from me. You won't see me post like this on RaceSimCentral, rFactorCentral, or the Fastlane for example. Perhaps you could say that the nature of this forum, like TBK, often brings out the worst for me. Should I calm my posts a bit? Yeah probably. Should I have to put up with people ruining a forum that I like to think of my second home? No, I don't think I should.

Unfortunately as I said, I am about to go out, so I'll expand later, but this should clarify my points for at least a short while.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
To the left and right of your monitors is the real world, which actually has real problems. After 4 pages of fruitless arguing just accept it will remain the same, if i see a "MASSA SUX" post i just laugh, and thank god i actually have brain capacity.

Sauber89 schrieb:
> To the left and right of your monitors is the real
> world, which actually has real problems. After 4
> pages of fruitless arguing just accept it will
> remain the same, if i see a "MASSA SUX" post i
> just laugh, and thank god i actually have brain
> capacity.

one of the most intelligent posts i´ve read in this thread.
Dave, suggesting that a member, a moderator, "acted like a complete c**t" or that you "didn't even post a c**t of a reply like a certain moderator did" turns your argument upside down and inside out, a hypocrisy of cheapness on a roundabout. Everybody! Back to square one. If you can't respect your own expression, don't inspect anyone elses.
TLDNR. I saw my name at some point though, thanks. I don't like the mods but I like Vader; I'm not sure why the world didn't implode a long time ago :/
iCeMaN pAuL, i didnt read all these posts just stopped at your jeoulous lunacy posts and laughed at your jeoulousy-infected avatar. you are very jeoulous of Felipe Massa succeeding and getting more positive attention then you have in your life.

Massa drove the best race of his career, and made the overtaking move of the year at the start of the race, that move could have won him the championship, when the points add up at the end of the year, its a shame his engine broke.
DaveEllis Wrote:
> So, here is a real example to prove my point. Are
> you saying these 2 lines are of equal quality and
> promote the same level of conversation?
>
> haha i pissed myself at massa, cheered like f*ck.
> hate the wanker!!
>
> "Well, I'm not Massas biggest fan, and whilst it
> is ashame that he had an engine failure, I'm glad
> he retired and I'm glad Heikki won".
>
> Those posts the essentially the same thing, but
> yet could not be more different.
>
> Is it wrong for Gav, myself, or anyone else, to
> ask for higher standards of posting? Is it wrong
> that we are tired of not being able to have a
> conversation on a site we love?
>

I'ts not wrong, but what I think is, you can't dictate what we can say, or how we should think about the sport. You could probably only SUGGEST HOW we can say what we think.

Some people (like me) are genuine and we post exactly what we think because we feel that posting another thing just to be accepted in a community is a false thing. Kinda like Kimi attitude, "I don't care" if you, or else, don't like me. I post what I think because I have my own opinion. Perhaps they are radical and different opinions, but I wouldnt be happy agreeing with things that i really dont agree.

I know some people who can't make their own opinion and they just say what they've read in a newspaper. That's not their opinion, thats the opinion of a journalist - and most brazilian journalists covering this sport that i know, are all c**ts thinking that its patriotic to defend the drivers of their nation no matter what they do. These ppl are the so-called fanboys, and no matter what their idols do they will always support them.

But IF Piquet plays the #2 role to another driver one day, OFC i wont support him again. It goes against what I think about how the Brazilian drivers should be - Emmo, Piquet Snr and Senna set a tough high standard and even if the actual drivers fail to win a WDC, I just ask them to follow that standard. So far the two current drivers failed to do so.

I don't say the name of these two drivers because I dont have any respect for them. One lost my Respect after Austria 2002, the other lost it after 2006 season and even more after Silverstone 2008. They did things that I couldn't accept, and it is impossible to support them or forgive them for these things. Even if they win a WDC one day it wont change my mind, it wont erase the sh** they did in the past.

I've listed a gazillion of times the reasons for not supporting them, yet ppl cant understand it..

What I find laughable is that for seven months people kept laughing and insulting Piquet, and nobody complained about it (bar me)... but when someone insults the Ferrari driver #2... gotcha!

To end my post, what Paul posted about Ferrari #2... I've seen worse here... oh, come on. MS fanboys here have been posting the same thing about Alonso, for example. About the 2nd option suggested to talk about Ferrari #2 blown engine, well I wouldnt say that it was a shame that his engine blew up. I just dont feel that it was so why would i say it when celebrating his DNF and Heikki's win? Why the same didnt happened when Kimi's exaust broke @ France and his teammate won? Its almost the same thing...

mcdo Wrote:
> Dave, suggesting that a member, a moderator,
> "acted like a complete c**t" or that you "didn't
> even post a c**t of a reply like a certain
> moderator did" turns your argument upside down and
> inside out, a hypocrisy of cheapness on a
> roundabout. Everybody! Back to square one. If you
> can't respect your own expression, don't inspect
> anyone elses.

Yup I thought the same thing.

"Yes, it is ridiculous that Sim has gotten his second final warning, while there are members far worse than him. However, his insult (drunken or not) was totally out of place and totally uncalled for."

let me address this point.

first of all the insult your referring to is the one aimed at Gui. now if I found a video with me on, id like people (And friends) to know, the problem is there are probably a hundred people at that concert shouting stuff, you cant be sure it was Gui. the Indy video was more impressive, as he can (Sort of) say for certain its him. the other part is it happens every time he does/gets something. who can forget the Nr2k3 thread "hey I just got this game, and id be interested. I got GTP as well so maybe we could consider that?" or similar, ONE YEAR after the thread died. to me (and others I'm sure) it just smacked of "LOOK AT ME AND WHAT I'VE GOT" without getting flamed for starting a new thread about it.

secondly, the post we are referring to is one I posted in teh Hungary GP thread, or at least i THINK it is. when i checked that thread yesterday mortal has posted "one post has been removed, and so will teh user if it happens again. read the rules" now, i seem to remember posting in that thread, so i can only assume its me, which smacks of poor moderation tbh, and teh issue of PMing members who have been moderated is one i've brought up before, and seems to have had no effect. thankfully, there are members who are here who confirmed that i did post something along teh lines of "bruninho is a wanker and i hope he gets hit round teh face with a 10ft clown pole" - and i still maintain that as hes one of the worst members here

now, regarding teh subject of us all being equal, its bullshit. i would much rather read a post by Gav, teh two Nicks, neil, mika, vader, morbid, dave, chet etc, as i know i'm going to gain something from it and its not going to be a waste of time. if i see a thread started/with the last post by one of those people, i am more likely to venture into it than if it was started by bruninho, iceman paul etc etc coz more often than not its full off bull

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole

Date: August 04, 2008 09:37AM
Posted by: DaveEllis (IP Logged)

As a former moderator of this forum, I understand how difficult it is to police. But I am also disappointed that it is being moderated so badly now days.

That sounds like an offer to do it again. You make so many good points in the mammoth posts you've made over the last 24 hours, and follow it up with that little snippet. Even if it's temporary, I'm sure you could get rid of half the sh*te the members produce here with a few good put-downs.

With the posts you've made in this thread (I haven't even glanced at the GP thread since the result, and don't want to for fear of pissing myself at the ineptitude of others to post well [LOL Massa etc, for the record, I was open mouthed because it's a Ferrari engine failure, and they don't happen very often. I was willing Kovy to crash so Glock could win for Toyota! ;)]) I laughed quite hard. God knows what you'd be like in real life! ;)

On the subject of moderators: (my 2 cents) the GP4 forum needs it's own moderator who follows what goes on. I'm not volunteering because I'm not involved much there, but someone who posts regularly and knows what goes would be a good candidate, especially with members leaving the last few months because of leeching and permissions, etc. The rest of the forums just need more stricter moderating. Post a sticky at the top of the forum that says what's allowed and what's not, and if they break the rules, strike them for 30 days (might be possible, but I don't know the technicalities, but it's available on vBulletin), or ban them. If striking was employed, more people might think about how they post. On a separate note, under the thread reply box, there's Preview and Post message. Get rid of "Post message", and force people to read what they've written before they subject others to their torments.

Dave: there's a bottle of Scotch Whiskey with your name on it if you come down to the DTM at Brands at the end of the month. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy