FORMULA 1™ ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ GRAND PRIX 2008

Posted by Bruninho 
Re: FORMULA 1™ ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ GRAND PRIX 2008
Date: August 02, 2008 07:15PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
I dont rate Heidfeld at all. Sure Bourdais might've held him up by a fraction or so (the way the BMW skittered about coming onto the main straight suggests it was struggling due to the turbulent air kicked around by the Toro Rosso), but he was a second away from Kubica's mark, which, in the same car, on the same circuit is rubbish. Pleading tyre issues race after race is not going to wash as an excuse for much longer, particularly as qualifying is such an important part of the race weekend. He's screwed for the race unless he catches a lucky safety car...

Date: August 02, 2008 07:23PM
Posted by: BAR#10
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't say Hamilton's dominating. It's just
> like the last few races - his rivals just haven't
> been good enough. Ferrari are completely out of
> sorts (still). Kovalainen simply isn't good enough
> at the moment to challenge Hamilton. BMW have
> dropped way back overall.
>
> I mean come on. Glock nearly got 2nd on the grid!
> On any fuel load that would be astonishing. As
> good as he's been this year, he's not exactly
> Kimi, is he?
>
> Hamilton is driving well at the moment, and doing
> what he needs to do (the direct opposite to
> earlier this year), but he's not exactly being
> pushed.
>
> Kubica is starting to remind me of Greg Moore, in
> that he's pushing very hard all the time, but puts
> a lot of effort into taking the line of least
> resistance at any opportunity. Moore always went
> out of his way to do that, particularly on ovals,
> deliberately letting it run out closer to the
> walls than others were prepared to do.
>
> The Bordais situation/distraction may have
> distorted things a bit, but Kubica is 4th.
> Heidfeld is 16th.

Well, Glock and Massa especially made a challenge in Q2, got fantastic time, so I guess you could argue that the term LH dominating may not be the best one, I'll give you and SpaceAce that. But in retrospect, looking on qualy I just had a feeling that it was never a question, that Hamilton wouldn't get the pole.
Besides one could say Hamilton wasn't pushing hard in Q2, if I follow your premise.

And yes, you could argue, that Ferrari are in crisis, but all the time I hear that Macca made great progress as well. I guess we can put it anyway we want it, but if Hamilton wins tommorow it will be a threepeat and it's been a while since anyone achieved that.

About Timo, I believe that at US 2005 GP Toyota got the pole running on fumes knowing full well -so I've read - they wouldn't be attending the race the next day. So I'll give Glock credit for doing well with I assume more fuel load than Trulli three years ago.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: August 02, 2008 07:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
what on earth is up with kimi? you dont become a crap driver overnight so theres something on that ferrari that doesnt suit him.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2008 08:03PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 02, 2008 07:46PM
Posted by: Covfan
Kimi can only drive well when he has a good car?
Date: August 02, 2008 07:58PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Kimi made mistakes on both runs.

I think on his 2nd run he went wide or something in 1st turn as the camera switched from kubica to kimi then went right back to kubica.

Hopefully he can take some people into the first few corners tomorrow then we will have to see what happens from there.

Date: August 02, 2008 08:00PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
^ He's starting on the dirty side of the track I think, so he'll be lucky to keep those behind him let alone get ahead of guys like Glock and Kubica before the end of the first lap.

Date: August 02, 2008 08:06PM
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> Kimi made mistakes on both runs.
>
> I think on his 2nd run he went wide or something
> in 1st turn as the camera switched from kubica to
> kimi then went right back to kubica.
>
> Hopefully he can take some people into the first
> few corners tomorrow then we will have to see what
> happens from there.

You would think a WDC and someone of his calibre could string one clean lap together? And by the same reckoning Massa might be able to take HK as Massa is on the clean and HK on the dirty side.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2008 08:33PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 02, 2008 08:33PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Because Senna, Schumacher, Clark, Prost and Fangio never had laps?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2008 08:36PM
Posted by: Slash
Kimi is having the Felipe Massa syndrome

anyways, it seems to me that Felipe has the speed to challengue the Mclarens, if only Ferrari provides him with a better car and decide for once and for all to support him instead of wasting efforts with Kimi

clearly Mclaren are now superior, but Ferrari aren't that far behind, it seems that only Kimi is

i can understand Heidfeld being mad at Bourdais, and i am a fan of Nick, but he put himself on that situation by going out too late, it was his own fault... i don't understand why people go out so late in qualy just to have a last time effort en then mess it up just to blame someone else...

Timo Glock?, awesome! it seems that the accident woke him up!

i think tomorrow will be a walk in the park for Lewis, but i hope Felipe proves me wrong!, just to spice things up
Date: August 02, 2008 08:47PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Because Senna, Schumacher, Clark, Prost and Fangio
> never had laps?

do you mean never had bad laps? of course they did but in that situation i would expect all of them to nail a lap, as lh nearly always tends to do. but kimi of late, whether its the way the ferrari development has gone or hes lost interest or whatever, kimi is totally off colour.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2008 09:03PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 02, 2008 08:56PM
Red_Bull Wrote:
> ^ He's starting on the dirty side of the track I
> think, so he'll be lucky to keep those behind him
> let alone get ahead of guys like Glock and Kubica
> before the end of the first lap.

Well i watched GP2 and the people on the dirty side seemed to have good starts and some even better than the clean side starters.

I think this year it depends more on the wheelspin the drivers get. The ferrari is usually good off the line in dry as we have seen before, so if Kimi can get a good start then he should try diving up the inside into T1.

as for massa i think he should just attack both mclarens straight away and if it ends up in tears, it ends up in tears.

Date: August 02, 2008 09:01PM
Posted by: Nickv
You should hear the outburst of madness about Massa then...

Anyway, you'd love if it would end in tears, eh? With Kimi gaining at least two places that way... ;)
Date: August 02, 2008 09:03PM
Well obviously as a ferrari/kimi fan I want for the main competitors to fail to finish. nothing wrong about that.

And i think massa needs to pull of something like taking atleast one macca after his poor defending 2 weeks ago

Has Kimi had his race takedown yet this weekend?
Date: August 02, 2008 10:05PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Am happy for Glock, hasn't had a bad season really, some very good drives and has just been unlucky. Been the most consistent debutant this year??

I know Rosberg had a problem, but why is this guy so highly rated? Nakajima seems to be slow too. Heidfeld i feel sorry for, but if he hasnt got the speed he will lose his seat. Consistency is the key.

I wish Button and Vettel could get shots in awesome cars, Vettel will have a much better showing with RBR next year as he lacks that kille r speed to get into Q1. Button pulled off a great lap, if only he were in a better car...

Date: August 03, 2008 10:33AM
Posted by: mortal
One post deleted. Any more and the poster will be deleted as well. Read the rules.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 03, 2008 11:50AM
Posted by: brunoboi
Red_Bull Wrote:
> I dont rate Heidfeld at all. Sure Bourdais
> might've held him up by a fraction or so (the way
> the BMW skittered about coming onto the main
> straight suggests it was struggling due to the
> turbulent air kicked around by the Toro Rosso),
> but he was a second away from Kubica's mark,
> which, in the same car, on the same circuit is
> rubbish. Pleading tyre issues race after race is
> not going to wash as an excuse for much longer,
> particularly as qualifying is such an important
> part of the race weekend. He's screwed for the
> race unless he catches a lucky safety car...

I thinkyour being quite harsh. As we saw in the BMW's first ever tests it's a very difficult car to drive, it seems quite unpredictable and is certainly not suited to Heidfeld's super smooth driving. For sure at the moment Kubica is doing a far better job than Nick in solving this car's issues but I don't think one bad season can wipe out all the potential nick has shown throughout his career.

Date: August 03, 2008 12:34PM
Posted by: gav
The problem with potential is that you've got to follow it through. Nick hasn't, and his career is in the latter stages.

The car may not suit him, but he's been waiting his life for this sort of opportunity, and perhaps it's starting to look like he'll lose it just as the equipment is starting to arrive. You could tell yesterday how under pressure he is.
Date: August 03, 2008 01:17PM
Posted by: Monza972
I hate ITV's coverage and that Steve Rider, those guys are such bum suckers ;(
Date: August 03, 2008 01:18PM
Posted by: BAR#10
45 MINUTES TO GO! Watching build up on German RTL and Austrian ORF. The latter showing the highlights of previos Hungarian GPs from Piquet's amazing pass in turn 1 on Senna to Alonso winning it in 2003 and many more.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2008 01:20PM by BAR#10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy