British GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: British GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 05, 2008 10:08PM
Posted by: vesuvius
well according to the rumours Webber is not so light on fuel...quite similar to Heikki :) Kimi is heavier than guys ahead of him and Ferrari is still as strong as McLaren on race speed...maybe even faster but if it rains none of these matters really.
Date: July 05, 2008 11:47PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
If Webber stops in the first 10 laps and holds up the field, Heikki deserves to win. If Webber's got true race pace, and doesn't pull a "Trulli" train, this should be a goodun! :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 06, 2008 12:50AM
Posted by: Karan
Impressive pace shown by Kovy this weekend thus far. I think he should definitely be able to finish atleast 3rd tomorrow. Hopefully Raikkonen can give him a good run. Should be an exciting race for the win :)

Date: July 06, 2008 02:08AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I'm amazed they allow drivers to bet on one another like that; most other professional sports have it banned outright.

I do hope Kovy can win, I always like to see one who qualifies half a second faster than the rest follow through. I'm in the middle of a week long bender so i'll be pretty drunk watching it tonight but that'll make it all the better. Don't drink, kids.
Date: July 06, 2008 09:51AM
Posted by: gav
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well according to the rumours Webber is not so
> light on fuel...quite similar to Heikki :)

Don't need rumour to work that out. He's further away in Q3 than he was in Q2, so if anything, any rumour might suggest he's heavier than Kovalainen. I still think that Kovalainen himself is lighter than Hamilton though - if it's dry and Kimi and Hamilton can get Webber by lap 1 (Kimi will get him into turn 1, and Hamilton will be all over him into Stowe or even Maggots), then Heikki's in for a very difficult race in my opinion. A lot of 'ifs' in there, but hey, it's what fans do. Speculate. :P

If it rains, apparently Kimi's looking strong.

Thumbs up for Piquet's qualifying effort too - faster than Alonso (though did an extra run), 2 tenths slower than Alonso, and then 4 tenths slower than Alonso - he's doing a hell of a lot better than he's looked. He might even be retained at this rate.

//edit: Oh, slight GP2 spoiler. How @#$%& awesome was the feature race yesterday? Senna wants a good slapping from his boss for that though. He did a Trulli.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 09:52AM by gav.
Date: July 06, 2008 11:05AM
Posted by: casabonka
Id say Webber is having a joke.. Surely they wouldnt be allowed to bet...

We will find out if Webber is leading Heikki and lets him through on the last corner :P ;)

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: July 06, 2008 11:16AM
Posted by: marcl
If its as wet for the gp s it was for the gp2 race it could be fun.
Date: July 06, 2008 11:36AM
If it's as wet for the F1s as it was for the end of the GP2 race it'll be starting under safety car. Looking at the forecast the rain is here to stay for a few hours. Zero grip in the GP2 cars. 2 cars crashed out going to the grid...
Date: July 06, 2008 12:04PM
it's wet still, I'm watching porsche super cup live but at the moment it's not really raining much ,only the track is wet.
Date: July 06, 2008 12:19PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
SEANNNNNNNN :D Porsche race was awesome.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 06, 2008 12:36PM
Posted by: Hologide
Hmm, anyone thinking that the ferraris might be set up for wetter conditions, judging by their lack of dry pace? Massa especially
Date: July 06, 2008 12:46PM
Hologide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm, anyone thinking that the ferraris might be
> set up for wetter conditions, judging by their
> lack of dry pace? Massa especially

Don't know about set up for a wet race, but we know from Friday they've got a higher downforce general set up than McLaren, shown by how much faster they've been in the final sector.

They may have gambled and slightly softened the suspension or something, but they're not that much slower.
Date: July 06, 2008 01:12PM
Posted by: gin
mmmmmmmmm rain! hope it stays! :)

Date: July 06, 2008 01:42PM
Posted by: kaid
cool it's wet

Date: July 06, 2008 02:02PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
wooo i get to play in this thread as we are getting it live
wooo!!

and it sure is wet....
looks to be an interesting race...

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: July 06, 2008 02:05PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
well that was fun for us aussies...
we lasted half a lap lol

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: July 06, 2008 02:48PM
Stupid mistake from Ferrari and Renault not to change tyres :/
Date: July 06, 2008 02:52PM
Posted by: Advong
Why the hell did Raikkonen stay out, Ferrari's strategy has been poor all the year
Date: July 06, 2008 02:53PM
really stupid yes.
Date: July 06, 2008 02:58PM
Posted by: dolinseks
ive stopped watching the race. what the @#$%& were they thinking... not much!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy