British GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: British GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 05, 2008 03:31PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi wasn't light...he was actually really happy with his car, that is quite interesting because they were far from the pace of McLarens so will be interesting to see the fuel loads, Ferrari is still strong in race speed.Kovalainen has actually dominated all weekend so his pole was well deserved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2008 03:32PM by vesuvius.
Date: July 05, 2008 03:35PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Is there any reason why massa and kubica are 2s slower than kov in q3? Did they have a damp track or something?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 05, 2008 03:38PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Track was dry in Q3 but they had pretty strong looking cross winds. Not really an excuse for Massa as everyone had it, Kubica had some problem and I think only set 1 or 2 laps.

Date: July 05, 2008 03:38PM
Posted by: Monza972
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good Qualifying.
>
> Hamilton still pushing too hard :(
> Kovaleinen did well to get his 1st Pole by 0.5
> seconds
> Raikkonen, I can't help but feel hes running light
> with the way Ferraris are running.
> Webber.. Red Bull are really improving, Christian
> Horner claims their running Heavy on ITV???
>
> Should be a decent race depending on the weather
> tomorrow, hope the forecasts of rain aree correct
> for once.

Yep its light rain

Light Rain
High: 61° F
Precip:60%
Occasional light rain. High 61F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Date: July 05, 2008 03:39PM
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> Is there any reason why massa and kubica are 2s
> slower than kov in q3? Did they have a damp track
> or something?

both had problems to do laps...Massa made a mistake on his first try etc.
Date: July 05, 2008 03:42PM
Posted by: marcl
Its going to be interesting to see how Webber goes in the race, how hard will he defend against kimi and Lewis or does he have the pace to challenge Kovy who all weekend has had the upper hand.
Date: July 05, 2008 03:43PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
wallabies thump the frogs and now webber on the front row - not a bad night for the aussies ;)
Date: July 05, 2008 04:06PM
Posted by: chet
Webber pulled out one of his Brazilian/Malaysian Qualifyings again! Stunning, once again the man underlines what an awesome qualifier he is.

Heikki has had Lewis all weekend tbh. Heikki has been the star of the weekend so far, and todays session was just doing him justice. Now for his sake I hope he wins tomorrow, for him it would do wonders, though Lewis getting beat on home soil... how would that bode? Really an all together not nice weekend for him lol. Getting bullied by the two old Brits then losing out to his team-mate.

Tomorrow is a different day, and I and im sure everyone here will hope for rain. Once again Button and Rubens close together again from which you can only assume both reached the cars limit which is such a shame for the two. Though if it rains tomorrow I'd expect Rubens to be one to watch rather than Jenson, we all know how much Rubens loves this place and JB's never really been too quick around here.

After 1st quali I lost interest again, when Button, Rubens AND Nico go out there really isnt anything for me to be bothered about. Though Heikki made things interesting. Do you think he turned the wick up for this weekend?

ALSO what was that guy doing behind Mark Blundell ??? Guy in the purple top ?? Looked like he was calling Mark fat :p

Also #2 it was the first GP this year my dads watched in English and his first comments were how much he didn't miss James Allen ;)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 05, 2008 04:12PM
I hope no rain, would spoil everything once again.
Date: July 05, 2008 04:16PM
Posted by: gav
Anyone else assuming there's a 3-4 difference in fuel between Kova and Hamilton? Kova's had the upper hand on him all weekend, but not to that extent. Webber will be on similar fuel to Kova, and I expect will find himself down in 4th by the end of lap 1 (which he should still be delighted with!).

Fun qualifying. Enjoyed seeing the drivers fighting the cars like that. My jaw dropped when I saw Rosberg's car though... how the hell was he still so close to the pace with a bouncing car (obviously the flexing bodywork exaggerated the effect, but still)?

vesuvius Wrote:
> I hope no rain, would spoil everything once again.

Once more, by 'spoil' you mean it would be a risk for one of your drivers. I suppose it would be more than welcome if they'd qualified in 16th and 18th or something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2008 04:17PM by gav.
Date: July 05, 2008 04:23PM
gav Wrote:
>
> vesuvius Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I hope no rain, would spoil everything once
> again.
>
> Once more, by 'spoil' you mean it would be a risk
> for one of your drivers. I suppose it would be
> more than welcome if they'd qualified in 16th and
> 18th or something?

well it doesn't matter me if it rains all the time as long as it isn't rain,dry,rain,dry etc...but I hope for dry weather but if it rains it rains :)
Date: July 05, 2008 04:24PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
i dont really think ham is that much heavier then kova gav, his expression on his face said enough i think, you could see him blocking a few wheels and going wide here and there in the last lap, just not a good qualifying lap id think.

Date: July 05, 2008 04:25PM
I think Hamilton is actually lighter than Heikki, he has been so far this season so why not now? he was very light last year also.
Date: July 05, 2008 04:33PM
Posted by: gav
vesuvius Wrote:
> I think Hamilton is actually lighter than Heikki,
> he has been so far this season so why not now? he
> was very light last year also.

Because in my opinion, Kovalainen isn't 8 tenths faster than him here, unless what we didn't see on Hamilton's lap was awful.

Heikki's faster, and should win, but he's not 8 tenths faster.

Hope I'm proved wrong tomorrow though. Would love to see Hamilton's reaction to being completely destroyed at home by his teammate. :D
Date: July 05, 2008 04:36PM
well Heikki has been about 0,2-0,4 seconds faster all the time and to be honest Lewis had difficulties in Q3,he did overdrive all the time .
Date: July 05, 2008 04:52PM
Posted by: marcl
I actually think Lewis is a few laps heaver than Kovy this time and thats why he did not look over worried. But could be totally wrong.
Date: July 05, 2008 07:05PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
gav Wrote:

> Because in my opinion, Kovalainen isn't 8 tenths
> faster than him here, unless what we didn't see on
> Hamilton's lap was awful.
>
> Heikki's faster, and should win, but he's not 8
> tenths faster.
>
> Hope I'm proved wrong tomorrow though. Would love
> to see Hamilton's reaction to being completely
> destroyed at home by his teammate. :D

I think its about time Heikki had a weekend where he's had no problems. All season he's threatened Hamilton and now just needs to put one together. Golden opportunity to show Hamilton the way home tomorrow, and God I hope he can do it.

Date: July 05, 2008 09:24PM
Time deficits in final qualifying are usually influenced by differing fuel loads for the opening stint of Sunday's race. But Hamilton told reporters that his strategy is ‘not significantly different’ to pole-sitter Kovalainen's.

"I have no clue why the car's not perfect," Hamilton said. "I haven't changed it, really, since testing. I don't know where the time is.

maybe Hamilton can be 1-2 laps heavier but it could also be that Heikki is heavier :)
Date: July 05, 2008 09:29PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Interesting quali

well done kovy and webber. Glad Kimi is ahead of Hamilton and the rest of his main championship rivals.

anybody ready for another wet race battle between Massa and Kubica! They'll be coming through the pack!

Date: July 05, 2008 09:38PM
Posted by: Monza972
Oh this is news lol

Mark Webber will start the British Grand Prix from the front row of the grid - but the Australian has revealed he is - almost - rooting for the other guy.

After a strong Silverstone test, Heikki Kovalainen went into the race weekend a dark horse to succeed on the home turf of his McLaren team-mate and crowd favourite Lewis Hamilton.

On Friday, punters could place a bet on the Finn securing his F1 breakthrough at 23 to 1 - and Red Bull racer Webber fancied a piece of the action.

"I've put 200 quid on Heikki at 23 to 1, so I'm in good shape," he smiled in the Silverstone media centre.

Pole sitter Kovalainen said he has not placed a similar bet. "I don't do betting. I try to earn my money in a safer way," he said.

Red Bull driver Webber, meanwhile, teased reporters when it was suggested that his pace for P2 on Saturday was inspired by a light load of fuel.

"I'm stopping on lap three and after that I will have a long race, so we will go from there," the 31-year-old grinned.

I wonder what he will do now ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy