Alonso Signs For Ferrari?

Posted by y2cwr2005 
Re: Alonso Signs For Ferrari?
Date: June 03, 2008 12:08PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thinking about it now, that's obviously what he was saying.
I can't find anything detailing his pre F1 results to find out unfortunately.
Would be strange to have an F1 driver who never won a single car race, even stranger was that he wasn't too bad at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 12:16PM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 03, 2008 12:29PM
Posted by: casabonka
SAMF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is this the youngest age to retire? if he retire
> in 2009

No, Esteban Tuero reitred after one massive season in 1998 aged 20.
Apparently had a neck injury, but Id imagine it was his pride that was injured due to being woeful!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 03, 2008 01:17PM
Posted by: SexySam182
SAMF1 Wrote:
> is this the youngest age to retire? if he retire
> in 2009

Plenty of drivers 'retire' at younger ages. Because they arent good enough so get dropped.

Date: June 03, 2008 01:38PM
Posted by: Pluis
casabonka schreef:
> SAMF1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > is this the youngest age to retire? if he
> retire
> > in 2009
>
>
> No, Esteban Tuero reitred after one massive season
> in 1998 aged 20.
> Apparently had a neck injury, but Id imagine it
> was his pride that was injured due to being
> woeful!

Tuero did a good job in his only f1 year, could have been a good driver
Date: June 03, 2008 02:18PM
Posted by: Ali
Well,
we will see and hear a lot of rumors. I think that Alonso has something already for next year, but parties involved can't say anything yet, it is too soon. I mean, I don't know what, obviously, but there is something. Too many rumors to be false otherwise.
Date: June 03, 2008 03:02PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
i think he is going to replace heidfield at bmw.

Date: June 03, 2008 03:14PM
Posted by: gav
Heidfeld might struggle to last the season at this rate. Since Melbourne he's been poor to very poor (other than Sakhir). He's going to have to pull himself together. Villeneuve was fired for being better than Heidfeld's been in the last few races.
Date: June 03, 2008 03:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i doubt they will sack him, but yes, his job isn't looking overly secure at the moment. bring webber in, i say! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 03, 2008 03:22PM
Posted by: casabonka
If Alonso is going to Ferrari in 2010, I cant see him leaving Renault at the end of the season, he surely wouldnt want to drive for 4 teams in 4 years!

As for Heidfeld being replaced, BMW do still have an option on Vettel I believe?

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 03, 2008 05:44PM
Posted by: marcl
Lastest story is DC to Renault, thought it would be webber tbh. Maybe they want dc as he is better at developing the car.

Vettel to rbr

Piquet to STR.
Date: June 03, 2008 05:59PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, but that story says that DC would go to renault only until the end of the year, and then retire. and red bull want to keep webber as well, i think.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 05, 2008 12:45PM
Yep it is only until the end of the year, but Webber's manager is Flavio so I thought they would have taken him, but then again I think I know why he might not be wanted but someone in the Renault team.

It would be a good move for DC but RBR do seem stronger than Renault at the moment.
Date: June 05, 2008 02:07PM
Posted by: danm
could alonso already have signed for bmw next year, perhaps this is what is holding heidfeld back without any inspiration for a drive next year!?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 05, 2008 02:29PM
Posted by: autogyro
I'd love to see Webber bumped up a drive, although RBR looks to be on the up.
Date: June 05, 2008 02:33PM
Posted by: Team CLR
danm Wrote:
> could alonso already have signed for bmw next
> year, perhaps this is what is holding heidfeld
> back without any inspiration for a drive next
> year!?

That would be a dangerous move on Heidfeld's part, if you are looking uncertain for a drive, then you can't afford to just sit back and go through the motions. THAT's when you need to really turn it on and IMO Heidfeld has been in F1 long enough to know that.

I'd have to agree with casabonka, I also can't see Alonso driving for 4 teams in 4 years, plus Renault should surely be looking for some consistency as well. So I can't see him in anything but a Renault next year, I'll be very surprised if it's anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 02:35PM by Team CLR.
Date: June 05, 2008 03:20PM
Alonso with Kubica as a team mate I dont think that will ever happen. I think Alonso will stay where he is for next year.

BMW, Mclaren and Ferrari are all going for the championship and this could affect next years cars. Renault will probably soon stop work on this years car and work 100% on next years and it could give them an advantage.
Date: June 05, 2008 03:43PM
Posted by: gav
Well, they did the same last year, and it held no advantages.

When talking about starting on a new car early, there's a disadvantage to consider too - you're potentially missing out on new parts, be they from your own team or another, and if you do get them, you're losing out on development time and you certainly can't optimise your car around anything, so if you do use it, it's compromised. It's weighing up the pros and cons.

I can't see Alonso at anywhere other than Ferrari or Renault next season, though I seriously doubt he's signed for 2010 already - he's nearly been bitten by that already by tying himself into McLaren so early (as it was, it did come back to haunt him, but for very different reasons).
Date: June 05, 2008 04:04PM
I still think the only reason why he went there is because he did not think renault would be staying in F1, had he known he would not have left.
Date: June 05, 2008 07:46PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
This just adds fuel to the speculation .

Kimi Admits He Could Quit End Of 2009

[www.planet-f1.com]

Date: June 05, 2008 07:49PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
he just says he dont know yet, another site (again sigh) taking a quote out of perspective ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy