Alonso Signs For Ferrari?

Posted by y2cwr2005 
Re: Alonso Signs For Ferrari?
Date: June 05, 2008 07:52PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
I know. I hope he stays though! And not just so it reduces the chance of Hamilton winning ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 07:52PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: June 05, 2008 08:07PM
Posted by: vesuvius
and on finnish site it's said that Kimi said no retirement is in plan and press always takl bullshit etc...
Date: June 05, 2008 08:37PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if he did retire, but I guess we'll have to wait and see...I can't imagine montezemollo(sp?) wanting to get rid of Kimi...dude netted them a championship on his first year!
Date: June 05, 2008 09:20PM
Posted by: IWE
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and on finnish site it's said that Kimi said no
> retirement is in plan and press always takl
> bullshit etc...

Bullshit is his own mistake. He should stop allkind "maybe, who knows, might be, we will see.." crap talking to foreing media. Seems like he just wants to be more in news..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 05, 2008 09:47PM
Posted by: Bruninho
lol he hates Kimi more than I hate the Honda No.17 ;)

And I cannot understand it as Kimi is way better :S

Date: June 05, 2008 10:46PM
Posted by: gav
So he doesn't know himself. Good on him. Schumacher's retirement apparently wasn't decided (though entirely expected) until the warm-down lap after Monza.

If people keep asking Kimi what his plans are, and he's not sure yet, what else is he meant to say?
Date: June 05, 2008 10:48PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
gav Wrote:
> So he doesn't know himself. Good on him.
> Schumacher's retirement apparently wasn't decided
> (though entirely expected) until the warm-down lap
> after Monza.
>
> If people keep asking Kimi what his plans are, and
> he's not sure yet, what else is he meant to say?

was goin to say same thing, it's a similar situation, like a guy said in a forum, he would easily deny if he wasn't at least seriously thinking in this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 10:49PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: June 05, 2008 10:57PM
gav Wrote:
> what else is he meant to say?

Maybe just "atm Im not planning to retire"..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 06, 2008 10:11AM
This same Finnish site is saying only that Kimi is not going to retire after THIS season.. After Next season there is 50/50 change for both options. Seems like they didnt check everybody else have been talking all the time about Kimis possible retirement after NEXT season. ;)

So all this "bullshit" have been Kimis own words like I said.. Kimi still admits his F1 career could end in 2009.

Date: June 06, 2008 12:41PM
Posted by: marcl
Not being funny dont you think Kimi is just wasting his talent.

For me he is one of the fastest most naturally talented guys that I have seen enter F1, and he just does not use it. The change started in his last year at mclaren and I dont think he fully applies himself at Ferrari.

For years in F1 he did not spin in races he did not crash he was a great racer, now he seems to be making silly errors that he did not make even when he started in f1. I just dont understand what is going on with him.

He is in the best car on the grid, Massa is now doing a better job than Kimi and is looking like the one who will win the championship.
Date: June 06, 2008 01:20PM
We just have to live with that he have "bigger" and more "important" interests.. And atleast money wont ever be problem for him.

Maybe he is wasting his talent, but it doesnt seem to be problem for him. And Ferrari wont have problem to find as / even more talented driver(s).

Date: June 06, 2008 02:42PM
Posted by: gav
Yup, so long as he's happy with the way things are going, then that's enough. His fans may demand more, but frankly his fans aren't the people he's doing this for, and to be honest, if there's a current F1 driver who doesn't need fans, it's Kimi.

I think it's fair to say most of his fans like the laid-back nature of him. The fact that he just goes through life at his own pace, doing what he likes, when he likes.

Lets face it, he may make more mistakes now than in 2003 or whenever, but he's still got the number 1 on his car, and is very much favourite to retain it if he does race next year. It's not exactly a bad return for someone apparently not giving 100%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2008 02:43PM by gav.
Date: June 06, 2008 02:43PM
Posted by: marcl
Yes I know what you mean.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy