marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think Lewis deserved the win, remember
> back to Germany when RB won his 1st race people
> said he deserved that yet the only reason he won
> was due to the saftey car. Its been the same as
> few times where drivers have won due to the saftey
> car closing the feild up.

No-one said he won because of the safety car, but it certainly helped him along. Primarily he won because they totally fluked the weather with the fuel and tyres he had. Given how it fell in his lap, it would have taken some effort to lose, frankly.

marcl Wrote:
> Kubica drive a strong race and had he not lost out
> to massa at the 1st round of pit stops maybe he
> would have won as massa held him up alot.

Massa didn't really hold him up much at all. Neither had the tyres to challenge Lewis. The moment they had to pit due to fuel, they were stuffed. Keeping the old tyres on probably wouldn't have worked (it was still too wet for them to continue using their worn inters), though it might have been worth the risk.

Everything fell into Hamilton's hands the moment he crashed. He showed nothing until about 5 laps after his pitstop.
Re: Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 26, 2008 09:37PM
Posted by: marcl
As I said before he is looking in his mirrors so he might have been thinking how to avoid kimi hitting him.

Must say one thing though kimi did a bloody good job not to spin the car and hit the wall, i know he hit sutil but could have been worse.

They could have kept the tyres on just like Button did that year in Hungry, as Lewis said the inters still have tread on them even when he changed his. I think Massa held up Kubica for about 5 laps.

Yes I agree about what you are saying, hitting the wall actually in a way allowed lewis to win the gp as they switched him to 1 stop. Had it been sunny and dry he would have not won simple as that, but he probably would not have hit the wall. Who knows, but I still think he deserved the win even with hitting the wall by the way he then drove. Just my view opinion, whats funny is on page 1 I said lewis would be in the wall lol. I said during the race lewis had the race won way before their 1st pit stops as he was only 16 secs behind them.

I think after his pit stop he just took it easy to find the grip and he was heavy. But before he hit the wall massa, lewis, kimi and kubica were in a class of their own the fact that lewis could hit the wall pit stop and come out in 4th and the fact that kimi could take a drive through and come out in 4th I think it was. But saying that it looks like most people went 1 stop only them 3 teams were on a 2 stop.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2008 09:53PM by marcl.
Date: May 26, 2008 09:55PM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
> They could have kept the tyres on just like Button
> did that year in Hungry, as Lewis said the inters
> still have tread on them even when he changed his.
> I think Massa held up Kubica for about 5 laps.

Er, yeah. People were putting on the extremes not long before that. Keeping with the same tyres would have had them in the wall sooner or later, or at worst there pace would continue to drop. It was lose/lose for the 2 of them.
Date: May 26, 2008 09:58PM
Posted by: bestobritish
I think another lucky thing for Lewis was the pack being held up by Glock, leaving a nice gap for him to drop into after the stop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 26, 2008 10:41PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Lewis got extremely lucky but then again, many previous past winners have and to be a winning driver you need luck on your side, correct? I don't think Lewis would have had an easy time passing Kubica, even if he eventually got around Robert he'd not have enough time to catch up with Felipe and then pass him. The SC took away the advantage Felipe had to both p2 and p3 and gave Lewis the edge on the strategy as he could wait until a little later to decide what to do.
Now, when Kimi was given the drive through I thought Ferrari could have told him to slow down and keep Robert behind to give Felipe plenty of room, had that happened Felipe would have come back from his off still in P1 and managed to pull away from Kubica once more. Sunday was just meant to be Hamilton's day, everything happened in a way to have him end up victorious.

And I've mentioned how moving it was seeing Nelsinho gutted, but did anyone else see Sutil crying in his garage? That really was cruel, the guy needed that result. Watching him drive made me realize I still sort of support him, despite being beaten by Fisichella everywhere this year. Maybe that race will have Sutil improve, I heard Hamilton and him were neck to neck on lower Formulas
Date: May 26, 2008 10:47PM
Sorry I mean when Massa and Kubica stopped for the 1st time rather than put new inters on they could have kept the same inters, the track was not as wet then. I dont know how much they were worn out by then am just going by what lewis said that his inters when they changed to drys still had lots of tread on them.

Its a catch 22 really. People on the 1 stop were setting a lot faster laps than the people that changed to new inters at their 1st stops and then had to change to drys on their 2nd stops.

I am sure had alonso not hit nick he would have caught lewis and passed him and probably kubica and massa but them full wet tyres were only really needed for about 5 laps.

It was a hard 1 to call.
Date: May 27, 2008 06:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I highly doubt it Alonso would have passed Lewis, Kubica or Massa.
Date: May 27, 2008 09:37AM
The way he was going I think he would have, he already passed Webber and was all over Nick. Maybe he would not have passed but he would have caught Lewis. Alonso had so much more grip at that stage due to the full wets.

Sutil needs to get out that team if he is going to improve, they are probably putting the best stuff on Fissi's car.

If reports are true, over the winter mclaren tried to sign him but were told no.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 09:55AM by marcl.
Date: May 27, 2008 09:52AM
Posted by: casabonka
Exactly, he was on full wets, so when it was drying, there is no way he would've kept up with Lewis on inters!
Date: May 27, 2008 09:56AM
I am talking about that point in the race, his tyres would have probably been ok for 5 or 6 laps so had he passed nick he would have caught lewis who was not that fast at that point due to the fuel load. Does not matter anyway he did not pass nick so we dont know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 10:02AM by marcl.
Date: May 27, 2008 10:49AM
Posted by: NickKK
Well an eventful race for sure, as any wet Monaco is...
But if I hear James Allen yelling "Sennaresque" over and over I may need a puke bucket next time :@

Date: May 27, 2008 11:10AM
1 more lap and lewis might not have won the race. He had a rear tyre going flat on the slow down lap. Maybe it was just because he went off line to pick up rubber.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: May 27, 2008 12:20PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Good to know they at least have Heikki's back too. They say it wasn't his fault and actually was a software glitch.
Date: May 27, 2008 04:33PM
Posted by: Bruninho

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Date: May 27, 2008 04:52PM
Posted by: Monza972
Date: May 27, 2008 06:12PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Date: May 27, 2008 09:19PM
Posted by: airefresco
The other races were funnier.

Australia

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Malaysia

">

Bahrain

">

Barcelona

">

Turkey

">

They´re from Telecinco in Spain, so obviously Alonso biased.
Date: May 28, 2008 12:16AM
Posted by: Sapo
The Australia-one is funnay, the rest not that nice imo, but I do like the style and music :)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: May 28, 2008 01:18AM
Posted by: danm
man those are brilliant! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 28, 2008 11:39AM
Posted by: vesuvius
by the way Sutil most likely wouldn't have even kept his 4th place because he would have got penalty(+25seconds) for passing other cars under a yellow flags! so Kimi wasn't the only one that actually spoiled Sutil's race, he (sutil) did that by himself also :D

Force India driver Adrian Sutil has been cautioned for overtaking under yellow flags during the rain-affected Monaco Grand Prix.

Sutil and the team's chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne were summoned to the steward's office after the race, and the German was reprimanded for passing Rubens Barrichello, Kazuki Nakajima and Nelson Piquet on lap 13.

A statement read: "The stewards do warn the driver of car no.20 as to his future behaviour in relation to appendix H, Chapter 2, Article 4.1.2b of the International Sporting Code."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy