Posted by Joe_Satriani 
Re: Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 25, 2008 05:03PM
Posted by: da silva
> Kimi caused an avoidable accident. In the rules it
> is stated that avoidable accidents should be
> punished. I don't see how he can get away without
> a penalty in Montreal.

OHHH come on man....is there an accident which could be avoided?!?! ALL ARE...so FIA should penalise all cars involved in an accident..
Date: May 25, 2008 05:07PM
Posted by: kizz
don't you love it when it goes tits up for ferrari :) shame for sutil, iirc he went well in the spyker in the wet free practise last year and had an excellent race up til kimi hit him. no surprise n00binho lost it
Date: May 25, 2008 05:07PM
Posted by: chet
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did anyone catch the FP3 this morning ?
> From the livetiming, it looked as though during
> the rain Sutil was pretty quick!
> Hope it does rain, will make the race really good
> I think!

Yup, I guess he was pretty quick then :p!

Such a shame, at first I did think Kimi should get a penalty but it wasnt his fault, he looked like he did everything he could to try and save it, he did exactly what dc did except dc lost it.

Man of the race? Sutil, by far. The guy was racing Ferraris... its amazing to think at the next gp the Ferraris will be around 3seconds quicker and be able to pass him like nothing.

JB's and Alonso's races were messed right when they put the full wets on imo.

Nico pulled out some good moves, and had quite a good drive i thought, showed he was quick, and had he not get tangled at the start i think he would have been on the podium.

Though Lewis was kinda lucky from his mistake, from then on he drove a championship winning race. Kimi was a pile wank all race.

Rubens did what he had to, keep it off the barriers and got some well deserved points :)!! A bad weekend for Honda, but some points at the end.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 25, 2008 05:10PM
Posted by: Nickv
da silva schreef:
> > Kimi caused an avoidable accident. In the rules
> it
> > is stated that avoidable accidents should be
> > punished. I don't see how he can get away
> without
> > a penalty in Montreal.
>
>
> OHHH come on man....is there an accident which
> could be avoided?!?! ALL ARE...so FIA should
> penalise all cars involved in an accident..

You're taking it way out of context. Kimi made an mistake and therefore crashed into someone else, ending his race. That's the sort of accident Gav's talking about.

All the 'he couldn't have saved it etc' is true. He couldn't have saved it, but he shouldn't have hit the wet spot in the first place.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:11PM
Posted by: Sauber89
simply fantastic race to watch, sutil easily driver of the race hamilton was lucky, but did deserve to win, and my word when kimi has a bad race it really goes to hell.

Date: May 25, 2008 05:14PM
Posted by: Gaulty
Great race. Kubica, Sutil, Vettel and Nakajima only drivers not to make a mistake. Shame for Sutil, boo Kimi. Super race overall.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: May 25, 2008 05:15PM
Posted by: Monza972
gav Wrote:
> Kimi caused an avoidable accident. In the rules it
> is stated that avoidable accidents should be
> punished. I don't see how he can get away without
> a penalty in Montreal.

How could that incident have been avoidable? He went onto the wet line and then he was done for, he couldn't do much anyway. Still good race anyway, there wasn't much Sutil could do anyway. The bad move Ferrari did was fuelling Kimi to the brim, if they hadn't, he could've gained some places but his dry setup would've screwed him anyway. Ah well, it happens in racing.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:15PM
Posted by: gav
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> normally you quit make some sense, except the last
> part, every accident is avoidable, so everyone who
> has an accident should be punished in montreal
> right?

Yay, a Kimi fan. Fun. :D

I didn't make the term "avoidable accident". It's the definition. By your theory every 'accident' should be ignored.

Alonso should have been penalised too.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: Slash
da silva Wrote:
> > Kimi caused an avoidable accident. In the rules
> it
> > is stated that avoidable accidents should be
> > punished. I don't see how he can get away
> without
> > a penalty in Montreal.
>
>
> OHHH come on man....is there an accident which
> could be avoided?!?! ALL ARE...so FIA should
> penalise all cars involved in an accident..

Fisichella outbraking himself at Turkey was his mistake, not whoever he took out, so he should be penalized for causing that accident, Kimi outbraking himself and hitting Sutil was his mistake, so he should be penalized for causing that accident, Rosberg loosing front wing for touching Alonso in loews is a racing incident, Jenson trying to overtake at the exit of the chicane and loosing his front wing is a racing incident.. i wish i could have plastiline to put it easier
Date: May 25, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: marcl
If kimi does get a penalty it will be harsh, he simple lost control of the car and sutil was there its tough luck but what could kimi do, had sutil seen it in his mirror he could have gone straight over the chicane.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:17PM
Posted by: casabonka
Force India suggesting Kimi should be banned... haha

[www.planetf1.com]

Bit too emotional with that outburst I think.

If Kimi gets a penalty, then Alonso for hitting half the field has to get one, and Kovy for hitting Jensen at the nouvelle chicane must get one too!
Date: May 25, 2008 05:18PM
Posted by: marcl
Then why did fissi not get a penalty for turkey?
Posted by: MarcA
Nickv Wrote:
> ...but he shouldn't have hit the wet spot in the first place.

Yes Nick, i'm sure a little wet patch on the road would be REALLY easy to spot at 150mph[/sarcasm].

Posted by: DJSKYLINE
If force india try and get Kimi banned then ferrari should stop supplying them with engines/parts ;)

Date: May 25, 2008 05:19PM
marcl Wrote:
> Then why did fissi not get a penalty for turkey?

he did, 5 places behind for qualy... LOL, he qualifyed last so it didn't matter
Date: May 25, 2008 05:20PM
casabonka Wrote:
> Force India suggesting Kimi should be banned...
> haha
>
> [www.planetf1.com]
> ,00.html
>
> Bit too emotional with that outburst I think.
>
> If Kimi gets a penalty, then Alonso for hitting
> half the field has to get one, and Kovy for
> hitting Jensen at the nouvelle chicane must get
> one too!

now force india is just being ridiculous

Kovy didn't end Jensons race, neither did Alonso
Date: May 25, 2008 05:22PM
For the record, looking at the replay, there was no damp patch. It was bone dry. He just lost it over the crest, same as DC in qualifying.

That's 2 awful, awful races for Kimi already this season. He's performing much worse than Alonso was early last season.

I like Kimi, but I don't see why he should get away with such a fundamental and costly mistake. I can see why it would be seen as harsh by Ferrari fanboys, but it was a shocking error, ending an innocent drivers race. In my honest opinion, he should be punished by a 5-place grid drop or something.

By the way, I laughed at Piquet, but just for the timing of drys > crash. He was better than Alonso today.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
MarcA schreef:
> Nickv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...but he shouldn't have hit the wet spot in the
> first place.
>
>
> Yes Nick, i'm sure a little wet patch on the road
> would be REALLY easy to spot at 150mph.

He did it right more than 65 times. I don't know if it was a wet patch or he just drove onto the wet part of the track. If it was a patch, it was there for the last 10 or so laps at least as it didn't rain anymore.

A race ban would be a bit harsh though.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:26PM
Nickv Wrote:
> A race ban would be a bit harsh though.

LOL, a race ban would be ludicrously unfair.
Date: May 25, 2008 05:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nice to see Nick Heidfeld absolutely SUCK the whole weekend, Alonso make a billion mistakes thanks to impatience, Nico being too anxious (shame though since he got screwed over when Heikki drove over his front wing on the yellow flag), Heikki was bad and did that to Nico and also spun off Jenson, who was having a nice race until he got fooled into overtaking Slow Nick. Lewis had a mistake that luckily for him happened near the end of the lap so he could pit soon, and then the SC brought him from 20s to right behind Felipe, who was going supremely well (very surprising!) and the only mistake was far smaller than almost everyone else's. Shame that Ferrari sucked on the strategy... but back to mistakes, was great seeing Bourdais slide into the back of DC :D. MASSIVE shame regarding Sutil, Kimi better get the 5 position penalty. Sutil would have gone to 12th spot in the Driver's Champ. and Force India would score important points for more money from TV income next year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy