Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
GOO KIMI!

looks like ITV got it all sorted out in the last 15 mins

still streaming now!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: THANK YOU ITV!!! XD
Date: March 14, 2008 04:00AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Can't wait for FP2, I reckon it'll be 1:25s on the hard tyres, and 1:24s on the softs tomorrow morning for the Ferraris. They look unbeatable this weekend. The most Hamilton can do is get pole, but he won't win it unless the red numbers have catastrophic unreliability.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 14, 2008 04:12AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Well the streaming's excellent now!
I much prefer F1 with no commentary :)
Date: March 14, 2008 04:32AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
How the hell did Webber just do that time!!!???

Have red bull actually got pace to compete with maccas?

Edit: Whatever the track conditions are in australia, i get the feeling the top 2 aren't quite as fast as they'd like to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2008 04:44AM by y2cwr2005.
Date: March 14, 2008 04:41AM
It's hard to gauge what's going on really, with Webber top and Coulthard 3 secs behind after the same number of laps. Think that may have been a quick qualifying simulation for Webber, Kovalainen's time was set on his first lap of what will be a long run i think.
Date: March 14, 2008 04:49AM
I think pace wise it's going to be pretty much the same as last year, with BMW/Super Aguri dropping back, and Red Bull/ STR/ Force India making slight gains through the pack.
I don't think there will be a clear third best team, but the top two will be further away I feel
Date: March 14, 2008 04:53AM
Anyone here shocked at how many mistakes are being made by drivers?

Some of em are all over the place, surprised no-ones put it in a wall yet!!!
Date: March 14, 2008 05:00AM
I've been watching Fisi's times closely, and his sector times are all over the place. So is his car, spinning out of three! Hope he improves.
Surely Piquet needs all the practice he can get? Only 3 laps so far, and at the bottom...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2008 05:04AM by salvasirignano.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:13AM
Piquet doesn't look like he's ready for F1 at all so far, FP1 he caused the only red flag, set a time 8 seconds off pace and barely any laps set. FP2 he's a full 2.5 seconds off and down in 20th.....

Massa was soo close to putting in the wall their, how he saved that I don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2008 05:15AM by y2cwr2005.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:19AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yep...he missed the wall by very little...Trulli messed up also.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:22AM
He lost speed surprisingly fast through that gravel, normally cars bounce along the top of it.
Silly error from trulli there, just lost concentration.
Was that a few hotlaps from Piquet? He's back in the pits already, 8 laps, still P20.
Hope everyone pours out on softs now for some quicker laps.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:24AM
Posted by: Jolkins
Well in FP2 he had problems with brakes. Massa had a quite nice visit in gravel,at least he didn't stall it. Well Webber is quick, he'll have good result in race, but let's be realistic - Ferrari, especially Kimi, are running full tanks. Mclaren are quite the same,a little bit lighter. Well Trulli just got little bit on grass and ended up in gravel, FP2 for him is ended.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:26AM
Here we go, Lewis is on a hotlap,looks like they've burned their fuel.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:28AM
Must be the lack of sleep getting to me lol, Top 2 teams are definitely as fast as expected.
Would be nice to see a little bit of change for once though.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:32AM
Great lap by Fisi, up in 9th in last years Spyker.
Still I suppose tomorrow is when we'll find everyone's true pace. Can't wait!
Now for two hour's sleep
Night Chaps! :)
Date: March 14, 2008 05:32AM
oh,poor DC stopped. looks likesome electronics problems...
Date: March 14, 2008 05:38AM
Lack of driver aids seems to have made a world of difference in F1, and their not even racing each other yet!!!

Mclaren looking quite strong so far, Lewis making Heikki look pretty average.
Ferrari look like a bomb waiting to explode at the right time.

As for the rest of the field, I can't get my head around how slow most of them are looking so far. Especially BMW who look like they've taken 1 step forward and about 10 back.
Date: March 14, 2008 05:45AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Tell ya what, that was the most entertaining 1.5 hours I've seen in a while! I've never seen so many drivers make mistakes in free practise. Takes me back to the early 90s to see that many errors. And we got a spin out of Massa and Trulli!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 14, 2008 06:32AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
And did you guys see Sutil and Fisi driving the FI car? Man that's a tough one to handle. Surprised Fisi even got 9th. Extremely disappointed with Piquet. Thought he'd manage at least a top 12 or something.

And this ITV live broadcast thing is great :) Watching stuff without commentary is really superb. Wish the race was the same, so I don't have to listen to the rubbish the commentators keep putting out.
Date: March 14, 2008 10:07AM
Posted by: Advong
How was coverage of FP2, I watched the first one and found it awkward to follow without much timing information up. Was there more in the second?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy