2008 Aussie GP - Who is going?

Posted by casabonka 
2008 Aussie GP - Who is going?
Date: December 20, 2007 10:09PM
Posted by: casabonka
Hi to all,
Im attending my 3rd Aussie GP next year, and the two previous times I have sat at turn 10 on the hill, which is a great vantage point I believe!

Next year though, Im thinking about turn 5.

Just want to pick some brains of where your favourite places are!

Im only doing general admin coz im a tight arse!
Re: 2008 Aussie GP - Who is going?
Date: December 21, 2007 02:34PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, i'll be going (my first ever gp). i think i'll get a grandstand ticket, although i'll probably end up walking around on the saturday

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 21, 2007 09:11PM
Haha, I remember you asking me!

I was going to go grand stand, but im doing the great ocean road trip afterwards, so I thought Id spend a bit more on hotels this time.

Melbourne is completely booked though, unless you wanna spend 300 a night on a room.

yay for Formule 1 hotel again....
Date: December 22, 2007 01:16AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
im going
ill be sitting whereever the hell the KISS concert is going to be all day =)
wooohoooo

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: December 22, 2007 12:38PM
i think its after the race on the main straight ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 22, 2007 09:22PM
I read somehwere that the concert was going to be free, but then someone else cam out saying it was $50 or so to watch.. Id watch if it were free, wouldnt pay to see a couple of pensioners! haha. Nah, theyre cool!

Im also waiting for grandprix.com.au to post the schedule for the day, coz the race starts at 3pm nex year, so Im not sure if gates ope nas early or whats happening!
Date: December 23, 2007 04:54AM
its free, but for an extra $50 to a general admission ticket you get access to the area next to the stage

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 24, 2007 05:14AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
its free for anyone holding a ticket for the sunday
$50 for Kiss Pole Position, which you get to be in front of the stage..

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: January 14, 2008 03:57AM
Posted by: gareth
Woo- just bought my tix today!

It'll be my first GP which is extra exciting :)
Date: January 14, 2008 06:15AM
Where are you sitting Gareth? You going Grand stand or GA?
Im getting my tix at the end of the week. Aus Gp number 3! I catn wait.. Ive already done a countdown in my diary at work so I know how many days til im off to melb!
Date: January 14, 2008 06:52AM
General Admin - I'm planning on getting there early on the Sunday and setting up shop somewhere good. Where do you reccomend? You say Turn 10 could be the go?

The other half is quite excited by the shopping she gets to do while in Melb....
Date: January 14, 2008 07:34AM
Yeah, im stcking with turn 10, turn 5's hill looks quiet small.
I think im going to skip qualifying this year. Found Saturday quiet boring last year (06), and coz it rained throughout the day it was crap. I will still end up going prob, but not sure yet,

Yeah make sure u get there at gate opening time. check grandprix.com.au for the schedulem if u get in early, you will get right at the fence!

Likewise, the misses is excited about shopping, hotels and the great ocean road! haha!
Date: January 14, 2008 08:13AM
Posted by: flyingfinn2
i'll be there, 3rd year in a row :P

last year kimi won on my birthday exactly so hopefully he can do it again 2 days before hand ;)
Date: January 14, 2008 12:17PM
Well DC won in 03 and Alonso in 06, so if Ferrari goes crap again this year, im never going again as I must be bad luck!

I hope kimi says Happy Bday for you then! haha
Date: January 17, 2008 03:47PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Im considering a whirlwind trip over to Melbourne for the day, then back to Adelaide again that night. Catch a morning flight, stay for the race (GA), then catch a late flight.

Date: January 18, 2008 03:13AM
Haha, im doing the 10 hr drive down from Sydney on the friday, and then heading back from the end of the great ocean road on tuesday
Date: February 03, 2008 06:46PM
I'm flying down from Syd on Fri, back up on Monday. Really looking forward to it, as it seems Bernie is cracking the poos again so it might be the last one!!:

"According to Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone F1 could pull out of Australia after having raced 'Down Under' for the past 25 years. Ecclestone has said Australia is not paying enough and he prefers to host the Australian Grand Prix at night.

"Maybe we don't want to be in Australia,'' Ecclestone told The Sunday Telegraph. "Our costs are very high in Australia and we get a lot less money. It's bloody bad for us. We've got quite a few places on the list which would like to have Formula One and, as it seems your guy (Victorian Premier John Brumby) down there doesn't want Formula One, we can make him happy and make the other people happy.''"
Date: February 04, 2008 12:37AM
Wheres the petition --- assasinate john brumby?

haha...

Bring back jeff kennet. He is doing work for beyond blue (depression mob) and loves f1. If we lose f1, there will be a lot of depression, so it all makes sense!

im getting massive withdrawal symptoms now... I love saying f1 is back next month though!
Date: February 04, 2008 03:52AM
Posted by: Abstraction
i'm gonna be on the straight :D:D:D can't wait! looks like webbers gonna have a decent car this year! lets hope so :D (last time i went in 2006, i was sitting near where webber pulled over :P)

Andrew. Australia.
Date: March 10, 2008 12:02AM
Only three races to go Down Under it would seem. The current contract is up after 2010, and here's what Bernie thinks about the timezone and how difficult it is for Europeans to watch the race:

"At the moment it's ridiculous that people are asked not to sleep in order to watch it live, that can't carry on," he added. "The alternative is to pull the race completely from Australia and I've spoken to Prime Minister Rudd and he's told me it would cost too much to move the race, so I guess that's it - we won't be going to Australia too much longer."

What a ******* myopic and arrogant viewpoint his first sentence displays. But oh well, I guess being that ruthless and mercenary is how you become a billionaire.

Enjoy it while it lasts fellow Aussies!!

Only four sleeps to go til I head down to Melb woo!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy