What do you reckon the 2008 championships will look like?

Posted by flat tyre 
Storming drive? WTH? He only passed the dudes that were slow...once he got to a car that was just a bit faster he couldn't do anything about it.
60% european eh? so i guess im the only USaian.
Re: What do you reckon the 2008 championships will look like?
Date: December 26, 2007 09:39AM
Posted by: gav
slicer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 60% european eh? so i guess im the only USaian.

Thought it would have been more than 60% to be honest. this gives a half decent general idea of where people live, though some locations are so messed up it's not funny (for instance some people in Britain apparently living off the west coast of Africa).
I'm my opinion in the next Championship, Renault will improve (with the help of Alonso) and Hamilton will do a lot worse (that's only my opinion)

I think Raikkonen is going to have a successful title defense (I hope)
well Alonso won't help to develop Renault that much but according to some spanish media rumours new R28 is already 1,6 seconds/lap faster than R27 was....but windtunnel test don't always give so good answers about how it will work on track :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 04:38PM by vesuvius.
windtunnel test don't always give so good answers

I heard that was the Honda´s problem in 2007, the windtunnel gives wrong numbers

Honda's problems were not isolated to just the wind-tunnel.

And 1.6 seconds?

Over a winter... Thats impressive if true.

Didn't BMW gain about 2seconds last year? And BAR about 2 in 2004?

It is possible for Renault to be back at the top, but it wont be like before, if they are back, they wont only have to fight Ferrari, but Mclaren and probably BMW.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I would hope renault are nack to 2005 and 2006 pace as i would love for formula one to have BMW, Ferrari, Renault and Mclaren fighting for wins, And for Williams to be there aswell ;) a competative season would be great for the sport.
i hope ferrari will look like this .........

well it won't :)
vesuvius schreef:
> well it won't :)

Fortunately not.
The racing and overtaking would be horrible if every car was like that! Looks alright though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
I would prefer this, although not likely to happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2007 10:45PM by red 5.
This is my preview

FERRARI -> I think they'll feel the absence of Ross Brawn as the season goes on. Brawns work still had his influence in 2007 and probably in the beginning of 2008. Raikkonen will have a strong 1st half but struggle in the 2nd half, though his consistency and class should secure him the title, plus the other teams will take points off each other; see below. Massa will definitely have a hard time without TC.

BMW -> Should win a GP. It's the deciding year for Heidfeld; now he has to show his real class and beat his teammate. If he fails doing that, I fear a little bit for his career; he's not the youngest anymore. Kubica has got no excuses anymore, concering a learning year like 2007.

RENAULT -> Definitely big progress. Alonso will be on the podium regularly and win a couple of races in the 2nd half of the season, but it won't be enough for the title. Piquet Jr. is a question mark obviously; yes he did fight for the GP2 title with Hamilton, but that was his 2nd year in GP2 already. Plus he hasn't really shone during testing, compared to Kovalainen.

WILLIAMS -> Like pretty much everyone, I hope for the best for them, but I don't see it happening. They talk about a revolutional car and that's never a really good sign to me tbh. Probably a lot of mechanical failures. Still should be able to be ahead of Toyota. Nakajima could provide the entertainment with some fun overtaking and crashes.

RED BULL -> I could see Webber really break through this year. At the same time I think DC will retire at the end of the year. I could see Red Bull will be 5th again, but with a smaller margin to the top teams.

TOYOTA -> Again a struggle, big budget but where do you use it for? Trulli as always said good in qualifying, bad at race. Glock didn't convince me at all at Jordan in 2004, but has improved a lot since then plus he was already quicker than Jarno on testing.

TORO ROSSO -> Probably a good start but then slide away into the back field as the year goes on. Vettel will have to confirm his talent; he hasn't really shone before the Fuji GP. Bourdais will struggle but should be able to take a couple of points.

HONDA -> Like the last couple of years: slow start, then move up the grid and regularly points by the end of the season. Probably Barrichello's last season.

SUPER AGURI -> I'm afraid the will be the last cars on the grid. Should keep the Force India cars behind in the beginning of the season, but then fade away. Sato will have to improve; he did well until Canada, after that I haven't seen anything special from him, while Davidson impressed in qualifying. I truly hope Ant will keep the seat, but I fear for another pay driver to take his place...

FORCE INDIA -> Could provide a surprise. Struggle in the beginning, but move up as the season progresses, and regularly in Q2 at the end of the year. Hope for Fisichella or Klien to take the seat; otherwise Rodriquez could keep P22 instead of a Super Aguri...

McLAREN -> A season like 2006. Hamilton will have the edge over Kovalainen most of the time but the Finnish driver won't complain, by the end of the year the should be really close in terms of racing. Maybe 1 or 2 wins, have a bad feeling about the new McLaren...

> Joe Stariani said:
> "Gotta remember it's an even year (2008)"

McLaren's two most dominant years were 1984 and 1988.

But I guess that was when motor racing was a sport and not just a big corporate blowjob, so it doesn't count.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
kv88 Wrote:
> TOYOTA -> Again a struggle, big budget but where
> do you use it for? Trulli as always said good in
> qualifying, bad at race. Glock didn't convince me
> at all at Jordan in 2004, but has improved a lot
> since then plus he was already quicker than Jarno
> on testing.

glock had one race in a jordan and got points, that wasn't too bad. and anyway, he's improved a lot since then. i think he'll do well next year and possibly even beat trulli

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:

> glock had one race in a jordan and got points,
> that wasn't too bad. and anyway, he's improved a
> lot since then. i think he'll do well next year
> and possibly even beat trulli

In fact Glock had 4 races at Jordan! He came back later in 2004 and scored 3 15th in the last 3 races.
I remember thinking that Glock was impressive, but that's about it. But then I also thought that Pantano was good for a rookie ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
St.Hubbins Wrote:
> > Joe Stariani said:
> > "Gotta remember it's an even year (2008)"
>
> McLaren's two most dominant years were 1984 and
> 1988.
>
> But I guess that was when motor racing was a sport
> and not just a big corporate blowjob, so it
> doesn't count.

True, but ever since we turned the millennium in 2001, McLaren have been a big pile of dung on even years. 2002, 2004 and 2006 have been very bad years for them.
Just been to autosport pages to see if there are some news on new MClaren when this struck me.
A news from exactly a year ago. Honda struck me the most. You just cannot tell what is going to happen. Incredible, if someone told you
a year ago that Honda will score only few points in 2007 you would think he is complete ignorant.
Toyota is not surprising when you reconsider they are telling the same story in January over and over.

briatore on fisichella
[www.autosport.com]

toyota targets first win
[www.autosport.com]

honda aims for title in 2007
[www.autosport.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy