What do you reckon the 2008 championships will look like?

Posted by flat tyre 
you're an idiot, iliterate one.

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Bloomin eck, no wonder people like Senna and brnco get annoyed here. Some of you can be really annoying! Why can't some of you just lighten up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2007 12:55PM by flat tyre.
flat tyre schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bloomin eck, no wonder people like Senna and brnco
> get annoyed here. Some of you can be really
> annoying! Why can't some of you just lighten up...

I know i can be annoying, hehe ;) ill stop, its xmas ;)

Not yet, so you can continue :P
Hopefully the 2008 champ will look similar on points to this one.

I mean, with 4 drivers being quite close. Next season should be interesting, will be the last season we will probably see the swoops and flicks we are so used to seeing on F1 cars.

I personally am hoping for not a Ferrari or Mclaren win. I would like Renault to be top, but would prefer a BMW or Williams winner. I would say Honda, but I dont think its possible this season. But yeah, a good year for me would be a Nico win :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: What do you reckon the 2008 championships will look like?
Date: December 24, 2007 03:48PM
Posted by: gav
Vomit Wrote:
> @gav: take it easy, no need to go hostile here

No hostility mate, I just say it like I see it. I know Senna's from a different culture and have no problem with that, I'm just saying he's never gonna get any respect from European-dominated forums if he speaks with his heart and not his head. I don't care that he dislikes Massa or Barrichello (I'm not a fan of Hamilton), but to essentially cut him out of the sport doesn't come across as anything other than petty and childish. It's essentially the same as not speaking to a 4 year old friend because they ate their last sweet instead of offering to share it with you.

flat tyre Wrote:
> Bloomin eck, no wonder people like Senna and brnco
> get annoyed here. Some of you can be really
> annoying! Why can't some of you just lighten up...

/me floats away

Anyway, I've had a bit more of a think, so here goes.

1) Kimi
2) Massa
3) Alonso
4) Hamilton
5) Heidfeld
6) Kovalainen
7) Webber
8) Kubica
9) Rosberg
10) Coulthard
11) Piquet
etc.

Ferrari will be fastest. They'll know where they went wrong last year. Hell we the fans feel they know where they went wrong last year (long wheel-base), so they don't need to do too much to be easily the strongest. I'd go as far as saying they can almost afford to be complacent in 2008 and concentrate from an early stage on the 2009 regulations. As good a driver as Massa is, he'll probably never be able to sustain a championship challenge, but if Kimi falls into problems this year than Massa will be more than capable of taking the title.

McLaren have been hampered too much and haven't been able to be as aggressive in development and design for fear of coming across as just copying Ferrari ideas (more so than they may have already done). They'll still be strong, even if they're using what will essentially be an MP4-22b, but they won't be able to take the fight to Ferrari more than a couple of times. No doubt they'll be hampered by the pit-lane layout, but from a technical point of view it shouldn't prove too costly. Speaking of costly their budget will suffer but I seriously doubt that's going to have any impact whatsoever, other than them using the same overalls. They have so many revenue streams and capital all they have to do is move funds around a bit. It won't be a concern. Hamilton will have the upper hand on Heikki, but more because Heikki has never seemed particularly quick to adjust to unfamiliar surroundings. Heikki will get stronger as the year goes on. Lewis will suffer from 2nd-season syndrome to a certain extent. His media and sponsorship duties will increase, something he was protected from in 2007, and he'll struggle to focus just enough to force his on-track performances to just have the edge taken off of them.

BMW will set the tone for the next 4 teams. Moving steadily forwards and nibbling away at the McLaren gear-box. I don't think anyone expects them to falter - they'll just keep grinding away until they win. It's going to happen. Perhaps not in 2008, but it will. I'm still unsure on Kubica's consistency just yet, but neither he or Heidfeld could put in a sustained challenge in 2008. They'll do just enough to profit from a Ferrari off-day and grab some podiums at worst.

Renault will be much improved. Like Ferrari we feel we know where their 2007 challenger went wrong. Their only problem will be playing catch-up, having lost a seasons worth of development work. They might grab a win or 2, but I they're more likely to be on or just below the performance of McLaren. Alonso will have too much for Piquet, who I can see being a bit of a Fisichella and Massa - great natural talent, but just not having the mental skills to put together any sort of campaign.

Red Bull will continue moving forward. The great brain will have settled in now and his department will all be pulling together in the same direction. If their new car can start off where their 2007 car finished off they'll be close to Renault, biting at the heels of McLaren. It's taken a while, but 2008 could represent their first win if a race falls their way, though it's unlikely. Webber will be beating DC for the most part - I still feel Webber is an excellent driver and not just a qualifier, and he'll just have too much for DC, as good as DC still is. Probably DCs last season in F1.

Williams are quietly looking very good. Without drawing too much attention they had an excellent year in 2007 on Rosberg's side of the garage. I've read that he's apparently seen the designs for the FW30 and he's excited. That's not going to magically transport them to the front, but I'm expecting them to carry on and be perhaps half a second behind McLaren.
My Brazilian compatriots are doing a good job of embarrassing ourselves here.

@Senna: STFU will you?

And for the record, I'll say it again: Piquet (The son), is good. But until I see him racing for real, I won't hold my breath waiting to see if he is World Champion. If he is, it won't be this year. Until then, I won't put the bloke on a pedestal as Senna is doing.

Also, I don't like Massa, but I have my reasons. He is not a nice person and doesn't play fairly in the game of life which for me is good enough reason already for not wanting him to be champion. It would be a bad example for the Brazilian people. He is not that good a driver also, which reinforces my whole point. Finally, my dislike towards him has nothing to do with the fact that he is or isn't Schumacher's pupil of sorts. I really couldn't care less about that...Rubens played that game for Schumi for years, and I still like him.

I only say this, to show that not all Brazilians think alike Senna :)

As for next year's championship, I think I already said it, but Kimi will hopefully walk it ;)
Amazing, so many people here are saying Kimi but I really don't think 2008 will be another Championship year for him. It'll either be Massa or Hamilton imho.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
I find it very hard for Massa to beat Kimi on the same car. When Kimi found his pace this year, there were few races where Massa was quicker. As for Hamilton...do you really think McLaren will bring a winning car again? Gotta remember it's an even year (2008)
@Joe, going off topic a bit: Dude, am I lying here about something in our country? Do you read your newspapers daily? OFC there are a lot of bad things happening here, accept the truth about our country. The bad things I read in our newspapers, I don't see happening in european countries; I want to move to a place were I can be safe and earn my money without being robbed. My faith in this country was killed when the people re-elected Lula for president, it pretty much was like "we are dumb and we want a dumbass as a president".

And about the Ferrari #2 driver, my reasons are obvious: he is not a good driver, neither a fair player; he played #2 for a cheater in 2006, hes crap in wet conditions, hes a very arrogant prick too. Let's be honest, which "amazing skills" he has? Jenson is damn smooth, Alonso is v-agressive and attacks corners with no mercy and escapes unpunished for doing it, Raikkonen is someone inbetween these two, always surprising me, when you think he can't do it, he does. These three drivers are some of the most entertaining drivers to watch, together with Kubica, Rosberg and Heidfeld.

About the other brazilian at Honda, I used to support him in 1999, when he was really good, the kind of driver I wanted to see defending the brazilian colours, even if he had failed to win a title for being the man he was before Ferrari, at least he'd have my respect for trying. His move at MS in Magny Cours'99 is a perfect example of what I wanted to see. However, he went the other way around and acted like a coward, relegated to a #2 role and was always giving dumb excuses for his poor races, blaming the press, the team, the tyres, the car, other drivers or circumstances but I never saw him blaming himself for doing a crap race. Even Senna was capable of admitting something he did wrong, and I have seen him doing that.

Piquet, at least, wont repeat the errors of these two drivers who preceded him. That's enough for me to support him.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Senna Wrote:
> @Joe, going off topic a bit: Dude, am I lying here
> about something in our country? Do you read your
> newspapers daily? OFC there are a lot of bad
> things happening here, accept the truth about our
> country. The bad things I read in our newspapers,
> I don't see happening in european countries; I
> want to move to a place were I can be safe and
> earn my money without being robbed. My faith in
> this country was killed when the people re-elected
> Lula for president, it pretty much was like "we
> are dumb and we want a dumbass as a president".

I agree 100% :) I just don't agree with your views on Barrichello and partially on Massa. But I agree that Massa is an arrogant, unfair, craptard ;)
can't say exactly which team's will be in TOP lists.
but my guess will be

1.ferrari
2.Mclaren or Renault
3.BMW or Williams
4.Redbull or Honda

EDIT:Sorry

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2007 11:44AM by sunil.
Oh please. There is no racism here. The only thing said that this is a European dominated forum. Which is true, I think 60% at least is from Europe. What was said is that Senna annoyed people with his ongoing hate towards Massa and Barrichello (did I write it the right way? It seems to look so strange :P). He has already been asked to stop his continuously ranting about them. But he hasn't. Now someone from the UK has mentioned that to Senna, a Brazilian, and there pops up that word again, racism. Stop playing the victim. If you get shot for nothing, then you can play the victim, not now.
Why can't we just NOT find whatever other people say offensive? It's only offensive if you want it to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
sepultura is good... its from brasil :D

@flat tyre: you are right. The first one doesnt start the fight, no one fights alone

07 ferrari was built mostly around Massa, i think 08 is built around Kimi. Thats why Kimi will win again, hopefully

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2007 11:47AM by Vomit.
NIckv

here i am not playing VICTIM and i don't have to. well for atleast for fun or joke or annoyed with anyone stoping using this kind of words. u better be

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
yeah F2008 is/will be build more for Kimi's style accordin to Luca Baldisseri:

and interview with luca baldiserri from the gazzetta dello sport

Quote:
Translated Q & A with Baldisserri:

Q: A year ago Massa started off better than Raikkonen, who improved (throughout the season) and eventually won the title. With the ban on traction control and a more experienced Raikkonen, should we regard him as the favourite over his teammate ?
Baldisserri: ''That's what I thought but I have to say that Felipe has adapted himself very well to driving without it.''

Q: Who do you think has the edge over the other ?
Baldisserri: ''Over a single lap there's no difference, but Kimi is able to better use the tyres, Massa still needs to work on this aspect.''

Q: Which of the two would adapt best to the F2008 ?
Baldisserri: ''It's too early to say because it will be different to the F2007. We hope that it handles more sharply, more precise. In theory it should favour Raikkonen more, he has always liked cars that can be steered into corners precisely, whereas Massa has always enjoyed a bit of understeer.''

I think Kimi should win the title in 2008 but it all depends about the equipments Ferrari and others will build for next season :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2007 12:26PM by vesuvius.
i think its still a bit to early to call, but hopefully we get some great races with possibly 4 teams fighting for wins. hopefully webber gets a reliable car for once too

X (@ed24f1)
Ferrari
Big Gap
Renault and BMW
Williams and McLaren
Red Bull and Honda
Toyota
STR
Super Aguri
Forca India

Ferrari will dominate if nothing than because of the continiuty that they have with their drivers, tyres and a little help from above.

Renault Will close the gap, they will finally adjust to Bridgesone tyres although Alonso will claim that he brought that 0.6 of a sec wit him. Piquet will be good little number 2 who will sit and wait for his chance that will never occur.

BMW will continue where they left in 2007 only with slower progress. Heidfeld could underperform.

Williams will fly one wing only. Rosberg will aim for podiums scoring couple of them, while Nakajima will be appointed to bring the car home undamaged.

Mclaren will struggle much like 2004. Bad start slow progres, good final couple of GPs.

Red Bull same as 2007

Honda a bit of a progress in comparison to 2007

Toyota as usual

STR ???

Super Aguri who knows

Force India just like Spyker

Massa is a very capable driver. Don't forget the storming drive he put in at Silverstone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy