Raikkonen's title hopes

Posted by TheMaster170 
Re: Raikkonen's title hopes
Date: June 18, 2007 11:45AM
Posted by: Covfan
I think a genuine battle between teammates for the championship (Which we never had in the Ferrari domination years) means this championship is far from over.
Date: June 18, 2007 01:02PM
Posted by: chet
Agreed.

Its always more interesting than a normal championship battle too imo. More is effected, like at the end of it, you know the drivers will hate each other ;)

Last year Ferrari recovered, why cant they this year? Shumi is still advising him, and if his experience is as important as people say, then why cant he do the same.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 18, 2007 04:11PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
"Last year Ferrari recovered, why cant they this year? "

The wrong man is driving the Ferrari.

Date: June 18, 2007 04:44PM
Posted by: Nickv
Oh please, stop the fanboy-talk. Now Schumi left, Ferrari really won't collapse. Both Massa and Raikkonen are professional drivers who know how to develop a car.
Date: June 18, 2007 04:51PM
Posted by: mikef1
Date: June 18, 2007 05:00PM
Posted by: chet
Razorsedge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Last year Ferrari recovered, why cant they this
> year? "
>
> The wrong man is driving the Ferrari.

Well, like I said if the right is MS, then he is still there and if his influence is as good as people say then by looking at the numbers he should be able to help like how he did last year.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 18, 2007 05:05PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
chet Wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> Its always more interesting than a normal
> championship battle too imo. More is effected,
> like at the end of it, you know the drivers will
> hate each other ;)
>
> Last year Ferrari recovered, why cant they this
> year? Shumi is still advising him, and if his
> experience is as important as people say, then why
> cant he do the same.

Heh, which season did you watch? Alonso won with a 13 point gap to Schumacher last year. It's very hard to remove a 20 point gap like that with the current system, unless something happens to one of the drivers. You can say that Shumacher got level with Alonso at one point, true, but he did have the same engine failure Alonso had at Monza. In the end, if everything goes right for both drivers, you just can't overcame that gap. For Massa to have a good chance, he'd need to get multiple victories with Kimi coming between him and the McLarens. But with the way things are, I really doubt they can do it. And also, last year, 60% of Ferrari's performance were down to the Tyres...Bridgestone just had it nailed last year for them at the end. Remember Brazil? They were maybe a full second faster than everyone else on the grid...this year everyone is on the same boat, so Ferrari won't be able to take advantage of a better tyre this time around.

No, I think the championship this year is between Alonso and Hamilton. It's been a different season for Alonso, since he isn't in his usual spot of being in the lead of the championship and just manage it to the end...he has to start winning races again right away to reduce that gap to Lewis. It'll be interesting to see if he can win like this. But I suspect Ferrari's participation in the fight is over. But don't get me wrong...I'd love to see Kimi fighting for wins again.
Date: June 18, 2007 05:06PM
Posted by: tripleM
Huh?

Schumacher should pull the whole Ferrari team up by the bootstraps himself?

How about the other 500 or so people employed by the team who were also there last year?

Date: June 18, 2007 05:17PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
LOL, yeah, last I heard, his services were more geared to the real customer cars than the F1 dep.
Date: June 18, 2007 05:36PM
Posted by: dierome
Ferrari's resurgence last year was primarily due to Bridgestone's superiority in the latter part of the season. That won't happen again this year.
Date: June 19, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: Slash
yes, because all the technical feedback shumacher gave em', something kimi and massa can't
Date: June 19, 2007 08:20PM
Posted by: mschumi
kimi did gave to mclaren some techincal feedback, like the improved mclaren launch control system, wich he helped to improve, and so on!

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: June 19, 2007 08:27PM
Posted by: Nickv
Slash schreef:
> yes, because all the technical feedback shumacher
> gave em', something kimi and massa can't

Unless you have worked with Schumacher, Kimi and Massa you can not judge that.
Date: June 19, 2007 08:32PM
Posted by: Muks_C
while you're right Nick, we can judge a little bit from their personalities and from what people who have worked with them have said about them. Schumacher was known to be very interested in every little tiny detail of the car, he would keep asking the engineers about this or that, exhausting them sometimes because he wanted to know so much, he was totally geeky about wanting to know everything.

McLaren employees have said that Kimi is not interested much about how the car works, and just wants to drive the damn thing, and that he's a bit lazy. he sometimes looks bored at even being in F1, nevermind wanting to know how the car works.

Massa, i don't know about, but he's probably closer to MS' character than Kimi's because he's tried to learn from MS about how to work with the team.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 08:34PM by Muks_C.
Date: June 19, 2007 09:10PM
Posted by: Imran
Rumour has it that Kimi is going to be driving Toyota next year

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 19, 2007 09:11PM
Posted by: villej
"McLaren employees have said that Kimi is not interested much about how the car works"

And on the other hand Ferrari employees have said that Kimi can give very detailed information of what's wrong with the car.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 19, 2007 09:13PM
Posted by: tripleM
What else were they supposed to say?

in both cases

Date: June 20, 2007 12:13AM
Posted by: mschumi
good point

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: June 20, 2007 12:48AM
Posted by: HakkF1
WOW
Fernando to Ferrai,Kimi to toyota?
whats wrong with u guys,its the hardest kind of sport out there,and its impossible to have a trouble free relation with ur team
even Mika and David slacked each other in 2000,and Mika had a big fight with Ron in 2001.
some problems should not take heads off.

==============================
Date: June 20, 2007 01:16AM
Posted by: s0236078
i really admire the work ethic of massa. impressive how hard he is trying. being mentored my schumi, working very hard. yes he is tallented but we all know, and he does himself, he is naturally a tier down (at least) on greatness...but still he works hard at trying to get there. giving his f1 carreer 110%. good job

as for kimi. i hate the lazy attitude. taking for granted what work the mechanics etc are putting in. not really that bothered about it all. ok i dont know him personally but it is fairly wildey known this is the case. he is probably more talented than massa and could even be quicker by end of season without having to work much harder. butthats not the point. if her really tired he could be trully great. his loss.

you reap what you sow...its so true (well except for button lol)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy