Indianapolis USA Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by SexySam182 
Re: Indianapolis USA Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: June 17, 2007 11:05PM
Posted by: marcl
Was one of the better usa gps.

Good drive by lewis beat alonso fair and square.

Albers and RS I think dont have much longer in f1 that could be rs last gp this year.

Kimi had a good drive thought he would pass massa but at least the mclaren drivers raced :) Ferrari need to find alot to over hall mclaren and we are now entering races where mclaren normally go well.

Alonso did not look to unhappy after the race he can not expect the team to let him win.

Fissi done some great passing after his spin.
Date: June 17, 2007 11:33PM
Posted by: mikef1
"Alonso tried his best... but if I were him and it is true that he had at least 2 more laps of fuel, but Mclaren pitted him, I can see why he is pissed off.

This isnt Monaco... IF they bought him earlier because of a saftey car scare, then Alonso should be asking some questions... because like i said, this isnt Monaco, a saftey car at Indy is nowhere near as likley, and passing is possible, Alonso could have, and if its true he was forced to pit earlier, then perhaps should have won."

Yes i agree, he could have thrown one of his fits but he kept his cool and the way he congratulated Lewis was genuine and shows that he is not the wanker that a lot of people here seem to think he is.

Lewis drove superbly again showing that he has all the attributes necessary to be the World Champion this year, he drove a flawless race and managed to hold off a great move by Fernando with style.

Felt very sorry for Nico, Fisi did very well coming through the field and Heikki seems to have improved a lot in the last two races.

Pleased to see the old fire burning in the Iceman again, his drive was like the Kimi of old.

For once we a decent amount of overtaking in a race with some really classy stuff like Fisi and Button, i just can't understand that some thought the race was boring compared to the snooze fests of just about every race other than Canada this year.
Date: June 18, 2007 12:19AM
Posted by: Muks_C
haven't watched the race, got called in to work at half 12, finished at 9pm. it was on the tv in the pub, but i only caught a glimpse of it every few minutes.

well done Lewis, seems he beat Alonso fair and square without any safety cars for Alonso to blame.

i saw Ant D passing Button into T1 :o

and a big big shame for Nico, was it an engine failure with 4 laps to go? he looked really pissed off, understandably.

gonna watch it properly tomorrow, my sister Sky Plus-ed it for me :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 12:19AM by Muks_C.
Date: June 18, 2007 12:54AM
Posted by: Covfan
Ralf needs to leave F1 now, he is nothing more than an utter disgrace.
Date: June 18, 2007 01:03AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Ralf may take kimi with him on the way out :-)
Date: June 18, 2007 01:11AM
Posted by: assadof1
why he should take him and u are around

speed freak
Date: June 18, 2007 01:57AM
Posted by: keiran
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Ralf made a mistake at the first corner he
> won't be at the next GP i reckon, but it seems to
> me that he had a mechanical failure, maybe
> supension, it was so weird the way the car went
> straight

What was weird about it? Ralf went too hot into the corner, locked the brakes up which means the front tyres lose all their grip as they are stationery so he has to release the pedal to try get some steering back but hits Coulthard. He then calls it a `racing incident` What planet is he on?

This Alonso V Hamilton battle is getting very interesting IMO and is the only exciting part of the championship... Their pace is so equal that they basically can only peg each other and with current F1 they can't really pass without a significant advantage in a particular area, which as they are in the same cars is going to be unlikely. As the times are so close it's going to be a matter of who gets the lighter fuel load for quali and this could spark some friction in the garages as one of them is going to have to go longer...

Anyone who thinks Hamilton is `thrashing` Alonso needs to come back down to earth, the pace was very equal and showed two great drivers driving very maturely but hard. Personally I respect Alonso for actually accepting the challenge of a quick team mate, something a certain driver with 7 titles to his name never did want ;-).

There is still another 10 rounds left and Hamilton still has a lot to experience. Who knows how he might react after a big shunt caused by himself... or how he holds his head in the tough times.

At the moment he is on a high but there is nothing stopping it from coming crashing down, something I don't think he is used to throughout his whole career.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: June 18, 2007 03:52AM
Posted by: Astro
keiran Wrote:
Personally I respect
> Alonso for actually accepting the challenge of a
> quick team mate, something a certain driver with 7
> titles to his name never did want ;-).

Dont really take much balls for a two-time world champ to take up the challenge of having a rookie as a team mate ;-) dont think FA knew before the season what pace Hamilton would show. looks like you are easily impressed lool fits the bill ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 04:53AM by Astro.
Date: June 18, 2007 09:02AM
Posted by: marcl
The reason why mclaren pitted the drivers was due to traffic I think they said on ITV.

At 1st the crew said saftey car then they said traffic
Date: June 18, 2007 09:50AM
Posted by: Slash
Astro Wrote:
> keiran Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Personally I respect
> > Alonso for actually accepting the challenge of
> a
> > quick team mate, something a certain driver with
> 7
> > titles to his name never did want ;-).
>
> Dont really take much balls for a two-time world
> champ to take up the challenge of having a rookie
> as a team mate ;-) dont think FA knew before the
> season what pace Hamilton would show. looks like
> you are easily impressed lool fits the bill ;)

lol..Absolutley, beisdes, wasn't other drivers who actually said they won't go to Ferrari as long as Michael was there... i heard a lot of drivers said it..
Date: June 18, 2007 10:04AM
Posted by: requenov
Astro Wrote:
> Dont really take much balls for a two-time world
> champ to take up the challenge of having a rookie
> as a team mate ;-) dont think FA knew before the
> season what pace Hamilton would show. looks like
> you are easily impressed lool fits the bill ;)

Well, he didnt know Hamilton had such good pace, but he knew Raikko or Montoya would be his teammate, so he was definately accepting the challenge of a quick team mate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 10:05AM by requenov.
Date: June 18, 2007 10:19AM
Posted by: Astro
ron dennis options were hamilton, paffett, and de la rosa. this was after raikkonen's signing at ferrari and montoya was long gone from f1 radar by then. i dont think (at that time) any of those names were gonna give the 2 time champion much loose motions ;) lol yeah i bet he was having panic attacks all off-season long about being "challenged" by a super-duper quick team mate lol

also there was even rumour of alonso saying to press he hoped they (mclaren) would bring in de la rosa as 2nd driver lol
Date: June 18, 2007 10:31AM
Slash Wrote:
> Astro Wrote:
> -----
> > keiran Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > Personally I respect
> > > Alonso for actually accepting the challenge
> of
> > a
> > > quick team mate, something a certain driver
> with
> > 7
> > > titles to his name never did want ;-).
> >
> > Dont really take much balls for a two-time
> world
> > champ to take up the challenge of having a
> rookie
> > as a team mate ;-) dont think FA knew before
> the
> > season what pace Hamilton would show. looks
> like
> > you are easily impressed lool fits the bill ;)
>
>
> lol..Absolutley, beisdes, wasn't other drivers who
> actually said they won't go to Ferrari as long as
> Michael was there... i heard a lot of drivers said
> it..

Yeah, who would want to be Michael's lap dog.
Date: June 18, 2007 11:08AM
Posted by: requenov
Astro Wrote:
> ron dennis options were hamilton, paffett, and de
> la rosa. this was after raikkonen's signing at
> ferrari and montoya was long gone from f1 radar by
> then.
i dont think (at that time) any of those
> names were gonna give the 2 time champion much
> loose motions ;) lol yeah i bet he was having
> panic attacks all off-season long about being
> "challenged" by a super-duper quick team mate lol
>
>
> also there was even rumour of alonso saying to
> press he hoped they (mclaren) would bring in de
> la rosa as 2nd driver lol

You're wrong mate, Alonso signed for McLaren at the end of 2005, while Kimi and Juan Pablo were driving.
Date: June 18, 2007 12:15PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Astro Wrote:

> also there was even rumour of alonso saying to
> press he hoped they (mclaren) would bring in de
> la rosa as 2nd driver lol

That was true, also de la Rosa said that he would like to be a second driver to Alonso.

Date: June 18, 2007 12:32PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Not a bad race if I may say so. Was a little bland in places, but thank you Liuzzi for holding most of the field up so that overtaking was possible! ;) Fisichella was doing alright overtaking, but would have had a better race had he kept it on the road, twit!

Hamilton did a good job, I thought, in keeping Alonso behind him both times Alonso had a run on him. The second time the crowd roared cause they thought Alonso had him into Turn 1, but they braked much the same place. Second win, 10 point gap, not bad 7 races into the season. Alonso had a much bigger lead than this last year and STILL managed to lose the lead by Japan.

Kovy did a good job, was relatively consistent. Renault's are still about 0.5 - 1 second a lap slower though, which is an age in F1. Honda are worse off, Jenson hoping that a new front wing brings a half-second on a car over 2 seconds a lap slower isn't much better, but something nonetheless.

Did anybody else notice the extraordinary amount of Traction Control that both the Ferrari's were using? Especially in the slower corners, but they seemed not to lean on the car, so much as press it and let the TC trash the engine!

For the record, I thought the ITV broadcast dedicated about as much time to the Kubica crash and the Canadian GP as it did to HamiltonTV. ;) I'm still amazed that the monocoque was still intact! What worried me was Kubica's feet sticking out, if he'd had another front impact with the wall, which was likely considering the speed and direction he was travelling (ironically, the tyre that came off was probably what stopped that), then he'd have 2 broken feet and smashed ankles.

What do people think about the future of the Canadian and US GPs then? Indy's provided some good races in it's 8 years so far, and Montreal's always a good race, but Rosberg had some very critical comments about the concrete walls in Montreal (I agree with him, especially in that spot, but also in Turn 5 and 6, on the left-hand side) and Heidfeld was disparaging abou the track breaking up (last time that happened at a racetrack I believe was Spa 85, correct me if I'm wrong). They should survive, the races, especially the US one, now that Hamilton's making it popular in the US again, but Canada's on a rocky slope IMO.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 18, 2007 12:56PM
"They should survive, the races, especially the US one, now that Hamilton's making it popular in the US again, but Canada's on a rocky slope IMO"

But is he though? Tbh the ITV coverage is so biased in the name of viewer figures that i find that hard to believe.
Date: June 18, 2007 12:57PM
Posted by: chet
Kovy did a good job, was relatively consistent. Renault's are still about 0.5 - 1 second a lap slower though, which is an age in F1. Honda are worse off, Jenson hoping that a new front wing brings a half-second on a car over 2 seconds a lap slower isn't much better, but something nonetheless.

Not just a new front wing, its apparenly some extensive body work changes, and a new front suspension says James Allen... And the 1/2 second they say it will produce will be enough to bring them righ up with Renault/RedBull because atm they are the bottom of the midfield, and thats only split by a few tenths, if that.

Hondas last update bought them to the back of the midfield at least and showed a big progress imo, if this one is the same we could see them finally score points.

Though the two races just gone werent good for Honda, Although RB could have scored points through strategy at Canada his pace was still nowhere, and although JB showed some fight in Indianapolis, again, the car was nowhere where it should have been. Though, tbf, alot of cars were stuck behind Luizzi, Whilst those drivers, ie, Wurz and Button were on softs, they should have been ahead of Luizzi on a clear track, giving them space, so when they use the harder tyre,the slower one, they have space in front and behind. Because of the Ralf accident, JB's strategy got totally @#$%& up... the one who gained most was Anthony who on the hard tyres was behind that group who couldnt use their soft tyres to full advantage.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 18, 2007 05:03PM
Lol! On the ITV-F1 webiste, you'd imagine that the people voting for driver of the day would go for Lewis but Fernando has twice the votes and Kimi is also ahead! Maybe the constant fawning is now starting to back fire on (as Steve Rider would say)"Briton's Lewis Hamilton."
Date: June 18, 2007 05:09PM
Posted by: tripleM
Hmm, Rosberg not listed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy