Indianapolis USA Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by SexySam182 
Re: Indianapolis USA Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: June 15, 2007 08:09AM
Posted by: Slash
i'm no fan of those 3, but man is this a good picture!

[f1.racing-live.com]
Date: June 15, 2007 08:40AM
Posted by: Karan
theyre all great characters :) was especially nice hearing scott and heikki on stage, during speed tv's broadcast from the paddock today. heikki is an absolutely hilarious chap!

Date: June 15, 2007 10:08AM
Posted by: mschumi
Mclaren should be fined for this stealing BMW's wheel LOL....f1.com makes another mistake!!!!

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: June 15, 2007 10:42AM
Posted by: Hologide
Looks like Vettel is gonna be driving...

Had better go edit my predictions..
Date: June 15, 2007 01:19PM
Posted by: Nickv
Slash schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ali Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lewis in US Press conference:
> >
> > "he's not
> > really been challenged -- well, I think he has
> > some challenges in the past but not really had
> > probably someone as close as me and as good a
> > friend off the track probably..."
>
> wow this guys really think he's something after a
> win!!!, ihope he's not a jaques Villeneuve!,
> remember when he came to f-1?, probably not

Not just after a win. The guy is leading the championship, he has all reason to say something like that. He may sound arrogant, but you need to be in F1.
Date: June 15, 2007 02:23PM
Posted by: mikef1
Press conference from Robert Kubica:

Q: Robert, any after effects since the accident?
Robert Kubica: Not really. I had a bit of pain in my ankle on the first day but now it's 100 percent OK, no headache, nothing. Nearly like brand new! I was really lucky and very positive for myself, very important to come back as soon as possible. Of course, we have to wait for the decision of the FIA doctors and of Indy, here at the Grand Prix, to give me the OK, but I feel like nothing has happened.

Q: What is the procedure now, when are you going to have a medical examination?
RK: Well, the doctors will probably check me. I already have reports from the Montreal doctor, Doctor Denis, who said that everything looks OK. They were quite surprised that after everything that had happened, nothing happened to me. We have to wait, we have to see. I feel 100 percent good, but you always have to wait for the decision and then probably, hopefully I will be back in the car, with a better performance than in Canada.

Q: Have you seen the accident on TV?
RK: Well, yes. I also saw it live when I was there! (Laughter) But Scott also had a good position to see it. I saw that on some pictures. But I saw it because as Jarno came to the hospital, it was also important to understand what happened, and why suddenly I had no control of the car. Apparently it was the front wing - when we touched - which went under the car and lifted my car up and I couldn't steer any more, which is why I went off.

Q: So obviously you're looking forward to driving this weekend.
RK: I really feel as if nothing has happened. I want to be back in the car and I'm looking forward to it. Canada was very unlucky for me, starting from Friday: problems with a fuel leak, and then performance-wise it was not good. I was looking forward very much to Canada because last year I was very competitive there, Nick was competitive, but apparently we faced some problems with the car and it doesn't pay off, so let's hope I'm in good shape, that the car will be in good shape and the doctors will give me the OK to race here and we will be competitive.
Date: June 15, 2007 05:25PM
Fernando is doing well in FP1 and heads the times with 1.12.344 so far with Nick just behind him with a 1.12.391.

edit: Crikey Fernando posted a 1.11.925 to go nearly half a second faster than Nick and 7 tenths from Lewis on a track he hates. Mind you Lewis will probably study Fernando's telemetry and go just as fast tomorrow!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2007 05:33PM by mikef1.
Date: June 15, 2007 05:48PM
Posted by: chet
JB didnt do too bad, didnt do a soft tyre run (i think :p) or didnt do a lap in last 7mins or so

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 15, 2007 05:54PM
Top ten times from FP1:

1. F. Alonso - 1.11.925
2. N. Heidfeld - 1.12.391
3. L. Hamilton - 1.12.628
4. S. Vettel - 1.12.869
5. K. Raikkonen - 1.12.966
6. N. Rosberg - 1.13.020
7. F. Massa - 1.13.040
8. D. Coulthard - 1.13.159
9. J. Button - 1.13.597
10.M. Webber - 1.13.682

Button is doing well and Kimi ahead of Felipe again.
Date: June 15, 2007 05:56PM
BMW significantly quicker than Ferrari....
Date: June 15, 2007 05:56PM
Posted by: dierome
Looks like Ferrari is becoming that circus it used to be before Schumacher. BMW Sauber will be the 2nd force of the field before the end of 2007
Date: June 15, 2007 06:41PM
Posted by: chet
JB has run well for most of the first fp... jsut he hasnt had the ability to improve from that, whereas RB does... strange.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 15, 2007 06:44PM
Renault doing real badly.....
Date: June 15, 2007 06:51PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, I hope BMW goes well again. Another podium would be nice :)
Date: June 15, 2007 06:52PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
dierome Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like Ferrari is becoming that circus it used
> to be before Schumacher. BMW Sauber will be the
> 2nd force of the field before the end of 2007

possibly agree, but never discount ferrari

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 15, 2007 07:01PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Kimi didnt do a quick lap on soft tyres, only on hard. Also, there was yellow flag at the end, when Sutil parked in the sand. Anyway, McLaren looks quickest so far, Ferrari and BMW are on about the same pace, some 4 tents behind. Altho Ferrari had 7km/h more speed on s/f line compared to McLaren (325/318). We`ll see.

Date: June 15, 2007 07:38PM
Posted by: marcl
Its been said a number of times before. Ferrari cars are not that good, when they had the best tyre they were fast when the tyre was not so good they did not have that much of a big gap to the other bridgestone cars. Now all teams have the same tyre and not as much testing ferrari are falling back to the 3rd best team.

I know some of you do not agree but look at the facts over the years.

This year it was said ferrari made a mistake and built a car with a to long wheel base, this is ok on harder tyres but on the soft ones they can not get the front tyres to work propely. When they get back to a track like silverstone they should be ok again, but by then alonso and lewis could be to far ahead. On a mclaren the extra softs are worth .5 a lap, massa ran them as well and look at what time he set.

The other thing that has affected to ferrari is the flexi floor. Since the even tougher test has been in place ferrari dont look so good. Again i know some of you dont agree with this.

It looks like this weekend is between mclaren and bmw. Could see nick getting his 1st win. Also if i was kubica i would be worried nick has been slighty faster this year if the replacement driver matches him we could see a change who knows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2007 07:41PM by marcl.
Date: June 15, 2007 07:45PM
Posted by: Red Sam
No way will they perminantly replace Kubica. He hasn't had the best of seasons, but hes a class act.

BMW will place Vettel at STR alongside Bourdais next year. Speed and Liuzzi out on arse unless they replace either DC or MW at RedBull, which I don't see happening.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 15, 2007 07:50PM
Posted by: tripleM
Massa hasn't run the softer tire today.

Date: June 15, 2007 08:01PM
Posted by: villej
Kovalainen's gearbox is broken, so he can't probably drive anymore at all during today... Starting to feel sorry for him, he always loses crucial track time during practises.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy