[www.petitiononline.com]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: James Allen removal.
Date: May 26, 2007 05:41PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Signed.

Where I feel it is unfair and slightly harsh to try and remove a man from a position he probably loves, its also unbelievable, ignorant and selfish of himself that he has not realised he clearly isn't suited to the job.

Date: May 26, 2007 05:46PM
Posted by: chet
FRESCO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Signed.
>
> Where I feel it is unfair and slightly harsh to
> try and remove a man from a position he probably
> loves, its also unbelievable, ignorant and selfish
> of himself that he has not realised he clearly
> isn't suited to the job.

Lol.

Its an online petition, whats it gonna do ?? A bunch of lads on the internet are not going to remove JamesA from his posistion... How far is this going to get other than ITV trash ?

If its the Lewis stuff thats bothering them, perhaps Mr Steve Ryder would be a better candidate.

And it us 'we' who do not think he is suited to the job, but others may do. I personally no longer have a problem with him...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 26, 2007 05:54PM
Posted by: gin
that petition has been around for a long time, it will change nothing unfortunetly.

Date: May 26, 2007 05:59PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Gin, you win the prize for not reading anything that was posted. Have you been drinking again? Its a brand new petition concerning his and ITVs actions around Lewis Hamilton

Its an online petition, whats it gonna do ??

Online petitions have worked for issues before. If you dont want to be part of it, dont be. Nobody cares. I posted it for people who want to have a voice agaisnt James Allen and ITVs n00bness. If you dont want to speak out agaisnt it, stop wasting your time posting about it because others may want to.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 26, 2007 06:03PM
Posted by: mikef1
Date: May 26, 2007 06:06PM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
> If its the Lewis stuff thats bothering them,
> perhaps Mr Steve Ryder would be a better
> candidate.

It's not up to Steve Rider what gets covered. It's probably not up to James Allen what he commentates on either (unless it's obvious, sitting in front of him, on fire). It doesn't make him any more competent though - he's still cringe worthily awful at his job, no matter what he's told to say/discuss/promote.

That said, I have to say I feel these online petitions are getting a bit silly - there's a petition from everyone for everything. Silly petitions (and this isn't particularly one of them) simply devalue any of some note. The effectiveness of worthy petitions are just diluted by some of the purely idiotic ones. We've been discussing the merits of online petitions for a good few years now, and even 5 years ago, when they were relatively novel, and thus had more chance of gaining momentum and publicity, they were barely successful. Now that you can choose to have a chance to speak against the amount of shine on new spoons, there's very little chance of any being useful. I think the only moderately popular one that gained any success at all recently has been the Mars one this month against them using animal rennet in their products.

ITV should know how we feel about James Allen by now - if they don't, then a petition is unlikely to open their eyes any. They're also not about to drop a guy when what we think is the worst piece of audio on TV in years (Button winning in Hungary) has just been part of winning ITV an award.

//edit:
mikef1 Wrote:
> Stop the Cock!
>
> [www.sniffpetrol.com]

Been there, got the T-shirt. ;)

//edit2: I've signed it anyway for what it's worth. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 06:07PM by gav.
Date: May 26, 2007 06:18PM
Posted by: danm
I like the guy, I cannot see why people are getting so wound up...

It is better to have someone genuinely passopate about F1 than the likes of Steve Ryder, who although good, is VERY generic. Look at his bland large range of interests.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 26, 2007 06:23PM
Posted by: mikef1
danm Wrote:
> I like the guy, I cannot see why people are
> getting so wound up...
>
> It is better to have someone genuinely passopate
> about F1 than the likes of Steve Ryder, who
> although good, is VERY generic. Look at his bland
> large range of interests.

Steve Ryder is a presenter, not a commentator. Therefore he doesn't need to have so passionate. Bland large range of interests?! You mean football?
Date: May 26, 2007 06:26PM
Posted by: nvooght
Im more against the Hamillton talk but thats from the whole ITV team....
Date: May 26, 2007 08:39PM
Posted by: FRESCO
One of the things that really got me wound up today was the feature with Hakkinen driving that taxi.

I got all excited thinking Louise was going to ask him what sort of things he's up to these days, about his McLaren test during the winter and about the DTM.

But no, all Louise asked Hakkinen about was Hamilton's crash in practice, and that was it! What the other drivers past and present, think about being asked about lewis lewis lewis every five seconds by a member of the ITV team god only knows.

Date: May 26, 2007 08:52PM
Posted by: Muks_C
there's a petition about the amount of shine on new spoons? :o

i need the link desperately, please.

oh and the topic if this thread could be the name of James' new business if he ever leaves commentating and starts a removal company.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 08:52PM by Muks_C.
Date: May 26, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: mschumi
i think he'd be better at selling moon shine LOL

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: May 26, 2007 10:07PM
Posted by: chet

ITV should know how we feel about James Allen by now - if they don't, then a petition is unlikely to open their eyes any. They're also not about to drop a guy when what we think is the worst piece of audio on TV in years (Button winning in Hungary) has just been part of winning ITV an award.

Im not sure how the voting is done for such awards but to me that says people who dislike James are probably a minority over the whole public who watch ITV's coverage.

And what i got from the petition was the stuff about James talking about Lewis, but does not Steve do it worse?

I have not seen a commentry team current better than Martin and James. That doesnt include anyone before them... I mean on English speaking TV

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 26, 2007 10:10PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
sadly i've come to think that unless we get muzza back there isn't anyone who can do the job better than the cock :|

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: May 26, 2007 10:13PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
mikef1 Wrote:
> danm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like the guy, I cannot see why people are
> > getting so wound up...
> >
> > It is better to have someone genuinely
> passopate
> > about F1 than the likes of Steve Ryder, who
> > although good, is VERY generic. Look at his
> bland
> > large range of interests.
>
>
> Steve Ryder is a presenter, not a commentator.
> Therefore he doesn't need to have so passionate.
> Bland large range of interests?! You mean
> football?

Allen is bearable, but I guess this stems from the fortunate ones here, who were fortunate to be fans, when Murray Walker was in the box. We were truly spoiled during his time. Steve Rider is F1 through and through I feel and has been around F1 paddocks since the late 1980's, unlike his predecessor, 'Grim' Rosenthal, who's real passion is boxing.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 10:59PM by Berger_Fan.
Date: May 26, 2007 10:18PM
Posted by: danm
mikef1 Wrote:
> danm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like the guy, I cannot see why people are
> > getting so wound up...
> >
> > It is better to have someone genuinely
> passopate
> > about F1 than the likes of Steve Ryder, who
> > although good, is VERY generic. Look at his
> bland
> > large range of interests.
>
>
> Steve Ryder is a presenter, not a commentator.
> Therefore he doesn't need to have so passionate.
> Bland large range of interests?! You mean
> football?

Oh no i know he is just a presenter, but generally talking about presenting and commentating to the public, Steve Ryder also does talking and intros over football, cricket, horse racing, tennis loads of stuff and with F1 he doesnt portray enthusism as James Allen does, as though F1 is just another to a list of chores to introduce to us.

I think its a totally wrong angle I have come into this thread, so lets leave my point for another time!

Concentrate on Allen, sorry!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 26, 2007 10:25PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Steve Rider is an absolute F1 fan - he presented BBC's coverage of F1, held the broadcast together at Imola 94, presented BTCC also, and went to ITV solely to do the F1 coverage, leaving the BBC who offered him a wider sports role. Granted he has done some of the football since then, but most presenters get pooled during major tournaments etc.

He is a much better presenter than Rosenthal, who admitted that he didnt follow F1 before 97, and it showed IMO.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 27, 2007 03:05AM
Posted by: matt3454
I must be the only person who really does not mind JA. If he annoyed me as much as he annoys others i would mute the tv and make brumbrum noises with my mouth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2007 02:03PM by matt3454.
Date: May 27, 2007 04:55AM
Posted by: pacerboy
Look at the Murray used to go on about Mansell, Herbert and the many other pommy drivers. It never bothered me then it doesn't bother me now. Being passionate about your fellow countrymen who do well in their chosen field is a good thing. What people are trying to do to James Allen, we in Australia call it "The tall poppy syndrome". Basically jealous people trying to remove someone from their position because they feel they can do a better job themselves which in most cases is rubbish. Rant over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy