Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chet, i think SexySam means restarts after the SC,
> not a full restart on the grid. SexySam means we
> should see more overtaking when the SC goes in
> because there won't be backmarkers between the
> first few cars to get in the way.

Ohh more overtaking at restarts??

Problem solved... Just get Jenson heading the pack ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: 2007 Rules: Safety Car
Date: March 01, 2007 11:29PM
Posted by: Muks_C
you laugh, but it's true... :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 01, 2007 11:57PM
Posted by: chet
LOL
it was the tyresss i swear guv

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 02, 2007 12:50AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Hehe ;)

To clarify one thing: I believe it's like IRL or CCWS, in that they're not stopping people pitting under the safety car, rather stopping people rushing to the pits to make a quick pit stop and rejoin the race. So I think they're allowed to pit, just not as soon as the SC is out.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 02, 2007 01:19AM
Posted by: count.bazley
Yeah, safety car comes out - pit lane closed. Then after they've trundled round for a lap or two and everyone is in the 'snake', the pit lane re-opens and it's most likely a free for all in the pits. The drivers who are going to be most disadvantaged are the drivers in every team who are behind their team-mate on the road.
Date: March 02, 2007 01:36AM
Posted by: Senna
But IF someone is running out of fuel and needs to pit when the pitlane is closed after the SC is deployed?!

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: March 02, 2007 02:44AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Shouldn't be a problem. They always keep a couple of laps of fuel extra anyway before pitting so that there's no error in calculation, and also when running behind SC, you save a lot of fuel, so if you have 2 or 3 laps, you can probably do one more if needed.
Date: March 02, 2007 02:50AM
Posted by: danm
maybe there could be some sort of confirmation of pitting required, like a planned stop that is sent as digital confirmation to the pits at the beginning of the lap intended. that way they can be verified as needing to pit there and then, prior to any accident happening that lap!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 02, 2007 11:14AM
Posted by: count.bazley
Well it all works in the many other motorsports which have this rule so I can't imagine there's going to be much that will go wrong.
Date: March 02, 2007 11:27AM
Posted by: marcl
The do one lap behind the saftey car then they can pit its simple. No one will get an advantage and will stop teams queuing in the pit lane.
Date: March 02, 2007 12:11PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Yeah but anyone who has to pit while the safety car is disadvantaged against those who have already pitted or have slightly more fuel in their car. Before they had the option of diving in just as the safety car was coming out and holding a decent track position, now they'll have to go to the back.
Date: March 02, 2007 12:27PM
if its a pit window time most people will pit 1 lap after each other if in the same team so that should be ok. If its not a pit stop window I think most people will just stay out.

People on a 1 less pit stop race will get an advantage I should think if they dont stop.

But tbh its the same just stops someone with a 20 sec lead pitting and getting out 20 secs ahead still.

Just like in other forms of motorsport.
Date: March 02, 2007 03:16PM
Posted by: Nickv
Senna schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd rather stop the race than wait for the restart
> watching a useless cars parade - for what, 3, 4
> laps - until the track is clean... At least we
> would have all the laps of the race in pure speed.

Wait for a restart? To see a parade of engineers, team bosses and pit crews to the S/F-straight?
Date: March 02, 2007 03:38PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Be honest, sometimes they're more entertaining than the action on-track! ;) Remember Ralf being left up on the jacks cause the mechanics forgot to take them down? ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 02, 2007 04:02PM
all we get is adverts anyway during the saftey car period and sometimes miss the pit stops.
Date: March 02, 2007 04:16PM
I don't get adverts during safety car periods :)
Date: March 02, 2007 04:21PM
I wish ITV would use the time to show all the adverts and get them out the way but they dont they just seem to show extra ones.

I think it was at turkey we did not know MS had lost all that time. As soon as they see the sc board they go to ads
Date: March 02, 2007 05:41PM
Brazillian TV cured that problem by having what we call inserts. Instead of switching off to adverts, they put the logo of the advertiser on the top left corner of the screen and a voice comes in and says the message. We lose a few seconds of commentary which isn't bad considering the dudes here, but at least we don't lose any of the action.
Date: March 02, 2007 06:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah it would be good to have in-vision advertising, say on the top-right corner of the screen with the sound of the commentary turned down while the advert is on.

BUT, ITV would lose money as the sponsors would want to pay less money if their ad is only going to be shown in a tiny square in the corner of the screen, instead of full-screen. so it's swings and roundabouts really.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 07:04PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 02, 2007 06:55PM
Posted by: mikef1
ITV have never done that before and i guess will never do it in the future, they paid a lot to keep F1 on that channel so ad breaks it is, sadly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy