If only ... (Audi)

Posted by chet 
If only ... (Audi)
Date: March 01, 2007 12:27PM
Posted by: chet
[www.fourtitude.com]

Thats one nice car !

Renault GP4 shape is it ?

Would be awsome if Audi could join F1. or VW.

I was always :S about why Audi hasnt tried F1 yet, they have an amazing motorsport heritage, experience, the money.

I think GPG should make an F1 team. :p

Just buy an old chassis, 'do it up' ;) and we will be sorted. And have our best drivers in that gp4 series thing as the race drivers :D

Because at least we know we'd have one scatty livery! And isnt that what F1's about, making a car looks good? So it doenst matter if you fail on track, you can just say (to Honda at least) at least our car wasnt painted by the spice girls and someone who wants to be their lover. Haha ( @#$%& joke )

Anyway...

Audi should be in F1, them or VW. Imagine, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Renault, Audi all building the quickest racing cars and racing them against each other :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: If only ... (Audi)
Date: March 01, 2007 12:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it would be great to get some new manufacturers!

audi, porsche, peugeot etc

btw, those cars in that article look great!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2007 01:05PM by SchueyFan.
Date: March 01, 2007 01:09PM
Posted by: marcl
porsche i dont think will ever come back after their last attempt.

I think Audi wont enter ever as they would have done so by now
Date: March 01, 2007 02:37PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
and the whole Peugeot thing didn't go well...

Date: March 01, 2007 02:41PM
And toyota have spent loads and not really got very far.

Look how long it took bar/honda to win 1 race
Date: March 01, 2007 02:49PM
Posted by: Muks_C
that's the thing, Toyota aren't gonna improve anytime soon, so the likelihood is they'll just pull out when they no longer believe they'll be successful. do we really want another manufacturer to enter F1, only to leave when they can't win in the first few years? you only have to look at Ford/Jaguar to see it's not wise to want more manufacturers in F1. they jumped ship when they couldn't justify their spending on a failing F1 team.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 01, 2007 02:53PM
Thing is people want to do F1 on the cheap like prodrive.

Its simply not going to work they will also be a few steps behind the rest.

look at Spyker. They are trying bloody hard yet they are still nearly 2 sec's off the pace, they have got the gap down but to close it more they will need loads more money
Date: March 01, 2007 03:24PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
IMO Ford leaving F1 was a blessing in disguise - I think Red Bull are a great addition to the paddock - Much better than Ford/Jag anyway.....

Date: March 01, 2007 03:41PM
Posted by: mikef1
I'd rather have Ford over Red Bull any day. Jaguar did cock things up royally though.
Date: March 01, 2007 03:47PM
Posted by: Muks_C
**Taylor** Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMO Ford leaving F1 was a blessing in disguise - I
> think Red Bull are a great addition to the paddock
> - Much better than Ford/Jag anyway.....

true, they are doing better because they have the right goal and attitude. as said previously, Ford wanted to do F1 cheaply, they thought simply being involved in F1 would be enough to raise their profile so they could sell more Jag roadcars. but it backfires if you're being cheap and failing as an F1 team.

but what if there wasn't some multi-million dollar organisation ready and willing to buy the failed team? each manufacturer dropping out one-by-one would leave F1 with only a handful of teams. but every team will eventually be a manufacturer team, it surely can't be long before Williams sells up, Mclaren will be Merc soon, Ferrari are a manufacturer anyway, so there won't be any privateer teams in 10 or 15 years, unfortunately.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 01, 2007 03:52PM
Ford should have stuck to making engines, sorry they did not even do this themselves.

They tried to run a factory team on the cheap and rather than ruin their name they used jag
Date: March 01, 2007 03:56PM
Posted by: rayg
Audi might come in as BMW are there and they are their biggest rivals. I think BMW done it right though make an engine to get your feet wet with another team first then once you think you have enough data then make your own team,

Personally I would love to see Audi in F1
Date: March 01, 2007 04:27PM
I just dont think they will though, what do they have to gain ? they already get loads of publicity
Date: March 01, 2007 04:41PM
Posted by: SpykerMF1
I think if AUDI/VW entered F1 it would be through the Bugatti guise as Audi would really only lose out even if they won due to their success in the Le Mans series and Bugatti has tonnes of heritage as well for racing unlike umm Skoda?
Date: March 01, 2007 04:44PM
Posted by: mikef1
I'd love to see Bugatti back in F1.
Date: March 01, 2007 05:07PM
General motors tried this with the lambo engine, its a shame they pulled out just when they were getting better.

Senna raved about the engine when he tested it in 1993
Date: March 01, 2007 05:40PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Lamborghini is a VW company nowadays.
Date: March 01, 2007 06:30PM
Posted by: MarcLister
So the VW group owns the brands Audi, VW, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Skoda, Bentley and Seat according to [en.wikipedia.org].

It'd be cool if the VW came into F1 and changed the team name each year starting with VW then Audi then Skoka etc etc just for a laugh.
Date: March 01, 2007 07:27PM
Posted by: chet
imagine scoda f1 haha lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 01, 2007 07:28PM
Posted by: Nickv
Their slogan does suit F1: Follow the Skoda driver :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy