Heidfeld to Jordan

Posted by Big_F1_Fan 
Heidfeld to Jordan
Date: January 30, 2004 11:18AM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
Nick Heidfeld will race for Jordan in 2004, the team has confirmed.

The German, who has been testing for the team over the winter, will be one half of what team boss Eddie Jordan promised would be

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Heidfeld to Jordan
Date: January 30, 2004 12:04PM
Posted by: Muks_C
finally, something has been announced about Jordans drivers. We could see it coming a mile off though.
Date: January 30, 2004 12:08PM
Posted by: Pooky
yes im happy for nick

he deserves it

Date: January 30, 2004 12:41PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I am glad that Nick Heidfeld got the seat. I am a Jordan fan and it reckon it would have been terrible if Jos had got it. Pity there's no Mercedes engine this year though...:(

Date: January 30, 2004 01:43PM
Posted by: Red Sam
BBC Sport reckons that Jos will still get the second seat tho :(

RedSam

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 30, 2004 02:14PM
Posted by: marcl
I thought it was one or the other cause their sponsers clash and B&H want a british driver
Date: January 30, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: Alex13
Jos is a good driver. Maybe not as good as Heidfeld, but for 2nd seat.... he is very good. But I'm not sure It's possible... I think Eddie has a contract with some company that forces him to use at least one British driver. Not sure this is true tho.

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 30, 2004 04:03PM
Posted by: b-tone
nick and jos - two of the most charasmatic guys in the pits :|

____
Tony

Date: January 31, 2004 04:13AM
Posted by: Pooky
that company is B&H (uk branch anyway)

and nick is definately better than jos!

Date: January 31, 2004 06:37AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I hope Wilson gets it.
Date: February 01, 2004 01:28PM
Jaysus i hope jos verstappen doesn't get it
How could you call him good???
Ralph Firman? hmmm...if he can improve his qualifying i wouldn't mind. Remember he used to sometimes out perform fisi in races

If he doesn't get it there is always the chance he could become a stand in for pierce brosnan in james bond movies...;-)

Date: February 01, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: matthewp
I think Ralph gets a hard time off some people undeservedly, he did a good job in difficult circumstances; having his first year in F1 the one where they introduce new rules to give you only a 1 hour session to learn the circuit and setup the car before qualy 1, being put up against a hugely quick driver in Fissi, and driving a crap car, and having some bad crashes caused by car failure. considering all that he did pretty well IMO, especially in races as already mentioned.
Having said that I think Mcnish also deserves another chance in F1, as long as its one of those two i'll be happy, Jos has had his time in F1 and hes never impressed me particularly.

Date: February 01, 2004 01:59PM
Posted by: Oleg
nick and jos - two of the most charasmatic guys in the pits

Nah,Jos is the genuine bad boy of F1,and i am not talking about assault here.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: February 01, 2004 02:03PM
Actually i was praising Ralph in my post

Date: February 01, 2004 03:00PM
Posted by: _Alex_
nick and jos - two of the most charasmatic guys in the pits :|

Well, Heidfeld isn't any less charismatic than Raikkonen, and from what we saw at Sauber in 2001, he certainly isn't any slower!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 01, 2004 03:26PM
Poor old Nick Heidfeld though...

Remember he won the F3000 championship with McLaren's Junior team a few years back, either 1997 or 1998, if my memory serves me correctly

He must have thought he was a shoe-in for the McLaren F1 drive.;)
But then he goes to Prost....:(
...Escapes disaster and brought to Sauber...:)
...Only to see Kimi take "his" place at McLaren, even though Nicky(in my humble opinion)did a better job...;-(
...Stay on at Sauber for 3 years...:-(
...And now finds himself in Jordanhot

Such is life!!!

Date: February 01, 2004 03:31PM
Posted by: bazza
B&H will give them $11m if they have a British driver, and $7m if they don't I read somewhere, and it was thought Heidfeld would need to bring a sponsor who could provide the $4m to fill that gap.

Baz

Date: February 01, 2004 03:45PM
So no Verstappen...:)
It should be between Firman and McNish, if they need a brit.
I hope it'll be Firman

Date: February 02, 2004 08:15AM
Posted by: marcl
i think Kimi done a better job at sauber than nick did considering his experience. The points total at the end of the year does not reflect what kimi could have got had it not been for silly things like the steering wheel coming off in his hand.

HHF done a better job than nick last year as well and massa gave him a run for his money.

Nick is a good driver but not as a top line driver

Post Edited (02-02-04 15:21)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy