To the brazilians, about the USA GP.

Posted by degas 
To the brazilians, about the USA GP.
Date: July 06, 2006 12:46PM
Posted by: degas
I'm brazilian too. I'm sad because our soccer (football) team too.
But I'm so so sad because the brazilian reminders of USAa GP.
In the TV and Internet I could see references to the Emerson Fittipaldi's first victory in 1970 (great!) and Ayrton Senna's victory in 1996 (one day after France beat Brazil in wordcup) but no one remember the Nelson Piquet's first victory in 1980 and, the more important Formula 1 brazilian reminder in USA: the Nelson Piquet's first championship in 1981 (he finished in 5th and beat the great Carlos Reutemann).
Why the brazilians never remember Nelson?
Re: To the brazilians, about the USA GP.
Date: July 06, 2006 01:29PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
Senna won a race in 1996? wow hes more talented than i thought :)
Date: July 06, 2006 01:52PM
Posted by: kaid
yea lol :P ,he's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 06, 2006 03:29PM
Posted by: Nik_I
you cant kill the unkillable :D

O MY GOD HES CHUCKIE
Date: July 06, 2006 06:50PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Because Nelson Piquet is an ass :P
Date: July 06, 2006 07:09PM
Posted by: mikef1
Piquet was a great driver, when he could be arsed to get his act together. His championship in '81 was well deserved but he was quite lucky in '83 and big time lucky in '87. I always found Piquet's driving impressive when he was at Brabham and Benetton more than his time at Williams, and he was usually terrible when he drove for Lotus. He was definately one of the funiest drivers when it came to interviews and was a real practical joker.
Date: July 06, 2006 07:14PM
Posted by: LS.
Piquet said quite a few derogatory things about Senna's sexuality, and they didnt like each other after that.

Senna was a god in Brasil so maybe the people have not forgiven him?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 06, 2006 07:17PM
Piquet said a lot of things in those days, i remember him saying some nasty things about Mansell's wife being butt ugly.
Date: July 06, 2006 07:37PM
Posted by: LS.
yeah but he did have a point ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 06, 2006 07:43PM
Lol true! Piquet himself had great taste in women it must be said.
Date: July 06, 2006 08:03PM
Posted by: marcl
piquet would not get into the lotus until they cleaned the car out to get rid of any trace of senna, he hated him.

plus the mansell comments.

but in his day his car control was amzing just stayed in f1 to long. The crash in imola 1986 think it was affecting him alot he was not the same after that.
Date: July 06, 2006 09:03PM
Posted by: mimo
about the GP, schumacher cheats again!!!, ferrari commanded massa to reduce the rhythm for schumacher pass to 1st place.
ferrari sux!

---------------------------------------------------

Date: July 06, 2006 09:30PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Mimo, no one told them to change positions, Massa knew what he had to do and did the correct thing. Would you complain if Massa was 2nd and MS was 1st, but Massa was the one who had a chance of getting the title, so MS slowed down to let him pass?

Mikef1 wrote: "Piquet said a lot of things in those days, i remember him saying some nasty things about Mansell's wife being butt ugly."

it's not nasty if it's true ;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 06, 2006 09:48PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yep, he was a great driver, but still an ass, heh.
Date: July 06, 2006 10:07PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I always liked what I've read of Piquet. Ask the Brazilians themselves why they prefer Senna over him....I don't have a clue as to why....

And as far as the Lotus goes, that car was a POS when Piquet drove it for them. We all saw he could still win when he had a decent ride under him again in the Benneton...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 06, 2006 10:43PM
Because Senna was a better driver and cared about Brazil more than Piquet did. Senna had a similarly crap car in '87 to Piquet's Lotus in '88 but still won two races, Piquet just lost motivation when he didn't have a great car, he did have talent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2006 10:48PM by mikef1.
Date: July 06, 2006 10:48PM
Posted by: marcl
y is everyone going on about that massa thing, alonso let fissi past as well what massa done was out of sight and the right thing for the championship. jpm done it for kimi as well last year at spa so he says.

Its the easiest way of doing it
Date: July 07, 2006 12:30AM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Marc, Mimo brought it up, i just replied to him.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy