Spanish GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Spanish GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 14, 2006 08:45PM
Posted by: Vader
For the first time in my life I wished that MS would win - just to keep this farce of a season a bit excited.

As far as James Allen and his German counterpart Heiko Wa

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 14, 2006 08:48PM
Posted by: barbos
RTL rules. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 14, 2006 08:53PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
"When I went to shift, the car just went. I dont know, normally through here you need the TC, you lean on it, and for some reason it just went. Its kind of weird but I dont know what happened."

now hes blaming the traction control =/, its weird cuz it seems that jpm always has an excuse for everything. He may be my favorite driver and he may be amazing when he has a good setup but he MUST keep the excuses and I no longer see a bright future for him in F1, what a shame :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2006 08:58PM by RonnyF1.
Date: May 14, 2006 08:54PM
Posted by: Lemming
harjinator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has to be said, the BTCC races afterwards were
> much more interesting, as was the Spain Quali
> yesterday. I actually wrote a 800 word Milton
> essay while watching GP...
>
>

i bet the essay is more exciting...

Date: May 14, 2006 08:57PM
Norbert Haug said that Montoya was going for a 1 stop strategy, so he may have finished in the points, behind kimi or something. That kinda explain why he was so slow and got stucked behind heidfeld. But the spin was just horrid.
Date: May 14, 2006 08:58PM
Posted by: Vader
RonnyF1 Wrote:
> now hes blaming the traction control =/, its weird
> cuz it seems that jpm always has an excuse for
> everything.
>

Reminds us a bit of Senna, Mansell and Prost, doesn't it? Maybe he really is champ material after all. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 14, 2006 09:00PM
vader the thing about Heiko Wa
Date: May 14, 2006 09:08PM
now i know how chet feels except that i could enjoy wins =)
Date: May 14, 2006 09:26PM
Posted by: Zyklef
RonnyF1 Wrote:
> "When I went to shift, the car just went. I dont
> know, normally through here you need the TC, you
> lean on it, and for some reason it just went. Its
> kind of weird but I dont know what happened."
>
> now hes blaming the traction control

He said this during the race, we all heard it on ITV. I never heard him say the engine itself cut-out, just the traction control.

Date: May 14, 2006 09:40PM
Posted by: marcl
he said when the tc went it also killed the engine which was wrong the engine was still running on the kurb.

I dont think he would have got points anyway i thought he was a bit behind nick.

The only reason kimi got 5th was the great start he made and trulli should have let rs pass rs was faster than him
Date: May 14, 2006 10:03PM
Posted by: chet
RonnyF1 Wrote:
> now i know how chet feels except that i could
> enjoy wins =)
>
>

Lol How do you mean?!

All i said about todays win was that it made me realize something.

I said that this was a goodish race, when at Nurb I said it was shite. Why.. because MS dominated it, but its the same circumstances here.

I was just stupid last week. :P

JPMs race was suckage ;)

Marcl - Kimi would have been 5th or 6th anyway. He had the same, well just slower pace than JB.

And no Trulli should not have let Ralf past. Ralf is paid millions to overtake, He should be able to do it considering what he is getting paid for.

Same as JB, there was no fault for RB holding him up. Its racing, if JB wants past, he has to get passed. Simple. I was thankful Honda didnt ask RB to let him through aswell.

@joe - The MP4-20 was made for no tyre changes.

Im looking forward to Monaco, JB goes well there :) One of the possible GPs he could win... why... because ppl will crash there ;) Nah. He does well at Monaco, he knows this could be his best chance of a win this season, he will go all out and more.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 14, 2006 10:31PM
Posted by: dolinseks
No chet, other people wont crash in Monaco, at least the ones in front. But Jenson could...

Date: May 14, 2006 10:34PM
Posted by: chet
;)

Nah.
He wont. He knows this is his best chance of winning so far.

I dont think he will win, but I bet he will come close.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 14, 2006 10:36PM
Posted by: sunil
Bore , Bore , Bore. my god what a bore race.

mclaren simply sucks this year.

well done renault. there luck is still good.

shummi is always great.

alonso deserves every win this year unlike last year.

ALonso dance? WTF he is doing every time he wins.BTw his dance like monkey or champange suited him very well.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: May 14, 2006 10:51PM
as i said mp18/19a.

Maybe the changes will work but its all to late now
Date: May 14, 2006 10:51PM
Posted by: mikef1
What concerns me is how Mclaren are going backwards this season, they normally start out shite and get better as the year progresses. If i were Alonso i would be very worried about going to a team next year that appears to be on the slide.
Date: May 14, 2006 11:19PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Martin Whitmarsh and Kimi Raikkonen said they dont think and focus on championship battle anymore , they will now focus on to make car faster and better to drive . The problems is that the car is too understeery and the rear of the car makes car almost impossible to drive.
Date: May 14, 2006 11:40PM
They should seriously start working on a mp4-21B or even mp4-22, its not only the merc down on power, the car is hard to drive as vesuvius said. If they want to win something they'll have to do something about the car.

The new suspension may help but that wont make the understeer go away.
Date: May 14, 2006 11:56PM
and who is going to work on that there are no top people left, thats the prob i think they dont know how to sort the probs out and they lost so much time over the winter.

The new suspension and front wing could cure the understeer but dunno. Look how ferrari turned it around this year from sepang to now.

Monaco should be a good one to see but over the past few years its def been a michelin track and renault tend to be very strong there.
Date: May 14, 2006 11:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
chet Wrote:
> RonnyF1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > now i know how chet feels except that i
> could
> > enjoy wins =)
> >
> >
>
>
> Lol How do you mean?!

i think what Ronny means is that he has high hopes for his fave driver, but it came to nought again, but at least he can relish the wins JPM has actually had, unlike you with your fave driver.

and Alonso's dance was ace, i only wish i knew what it meant.

EDIT: yay, i'm like the DC of this thread, the 200th post...:)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2006 11:57PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy