Spanish GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Spanish GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 14, 2006 03:23PM
Posted by: vesuvius
1 of the most boring race of the in history of formula 1.
Date: May 14, 2006 03:32PM
Posted by: barbos
1 of the most boring seasons of the in history of formula 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 14, 2006 03:35PM
Posted by: madotter
weve just seen FA and all the team talking over the radio, singing and talking in many languages so what does the twat james allen say?

"renault are stuck for words arnt they after this emotional result"

does he not watch the same picture and not hear the same sound as the rest of us?
Date: May 14, 2006 03:36PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Tracks like Spain and Imola shouldn't be on the calendar if we want good racing - we have known that for years!

As it is, that was a good drive from Alonso - also good to see Sato back doing what he does best!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 14, 2006 03:38PM
Posted by: anze89
the race was boring, and WTF was FA doing in the park ferme (spelling)?

Date: May 14, 2006 03:45PM
Posted by: marcl
well done alonso but what a boring gp i nearly fell asleep never done that before.

a not to jpm dont lie lol, the engine was still running when he tried to get it off the curb so the engine never got killed when he spun.

Date: May 14, 2006 03:49PM
Posted by: kaid
boring race :(
and mclaren are way behind :(

Date: May 14, 2006 03:58PM
Posted by: calimbo
Montoya said after he spun that the engine suddenly got killed after that marvelous maneouver. Well done Monty!

Date: May 14, 2006 04:01PM
No comment,
I lost my interest for modern f1. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 14, 2006 04:07PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
how was his engine killed when he tried to get out of the curb but had no traction? =/
Date: May 14, 2006 04:10PM
the alonso era is far more boring that schumis :P

Montecarlo isnt going to be better =(
Date: May 14, 2006 04:11PM
Posted by: Sauber89
terrible race , really poor no over taking at all unacceptable in my book same at monaco then no one over took at silverstone are we gonna see a decent race again this year ?

Date: May 14, 2006 04:12PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
barbos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1 of the most boring seasons of the in history of
> formula 1
>

Your just a sad pissed off Mclaren Fanboy.
I am also a Mclaren fan but cant you accept that the car is crap? Dont judge a season by one team.
Nothing at all wrong with this season except that last race.

Well done Alonso.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2006 04:13PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: May 14, 2006 04:12PM
canada might be decent
Date: May 14, 2006 04:16PM
Posted by: chet
Hmm a race that has opened my eyes to myself.

I thought it was good.

But if the posistions 1 and 2 were swapped I admitidly would have said it was crap.

Soo yeah.

JB was solid... A good race from him

Rubens is perfect for Honda.

Good quali, lack of race pace ;) He may of held JB up, but all it was, was 5 or so seconds.

JPM - wtf.

Kimi - Ermm.. did he race? LOL

Alonso - great race, but it was ruined with that thing he did at the end.

GF - Too slow, like Rubens to be 20 or so seconds of yr team-mate is appauling.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 14, 2006 04:21PM
Posted by: Briere
Date: May 14, 2006 04:24PM
Mini Maestro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> barbos Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 1 of the most boring seasons of the in
> history of
> > formula 1
> >
>
> Your just a sad pissed off Mclaren Fanboy.
> I am also a Mclaren fan but cant you accept that
> the car is crap? Dont judge a season by one team.
> Nothing at all wrong with this season except that
> last race.
>
> Well done Alonso.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/14/06 04:13PM by
> Mini Maestro.
---------------------------------------------
First: and what about Williams??
Second: I can't stand it longer.
Do you remember 2004 season where the damn Merc engine blows and blows.
I was behind McLaren. Also 1993-1998. Because I knew not this but next year they will be top.
Also in those years we all seen overtaking manoevres even for the first place.
Not in this damn season. :(

Date: May 14, 2006 04:33PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
All right, I've had it. You want a war? Now you've got one. I'm suffering from a bout of Insomnia, so I decided to go on the web and check out the reviews of the Spanish GP from today. After reading what all of you "Smarks" (and believe me, you are all still marks) had to say about the race, I am
furious.

Everybody has the right to an opinion and here's mine. I am sick of all you holier than thou, pompous people. That's it. That's all. Baby goes to sleep now. The crowd was so into it that they were burned out after they went on. They ate up every move from start to finish, they enjoyed the hell out of it.

But now I read the opinions of some of you. Many of you state that the race was very good or excellent. I agree. But many others are saying that the race was slow and predictable with one even saying that it was one of the worst races in F1 history!!! and the worst F1 season??? How can you honestly say that? What the hell do you people want? What is it that you are looking for? They go out there and bust their asses to entertain you (and if the Spanish fans were quiet, they sure as hell weren't during the race, they were entertained) and your thoughts were that bad?

Well if you didn't like the race today, then you are out of luck if you're a F1 fan, jerky. That was Alonso at his finest. F1 at it's finest. A great 5 star performance with an tremendous build, a great crowd and a good race.

If you didn't like it, then stop watching Formula 1 and take up bowling, cause you will never like anything that they give you.

I'm the first one to admit when a race is not up to snuff, or when something was bad , but today's performance was not the worst race ever. Didn't like it? Get the F out then and good riddance to you.

For all of you that enjoyed the race I say thanks. For those that didn't like it, I don't care.

You're negativity is ridiculous. You all come off like a bunch of bitter know-it alls, who won't be happy with anything that they give you. Nothing is ever good enough and quite frankly I'm over it. You are the same people that are saying that the newer Star Wars films are boring, analyzing every little detail,
instead of allowing yourselves to be entertained.

It seems that all of you wish the motor racing business would dry up and die, because some of you dislike EVERYTHING that they do. Is it always good? No, but they are risking themselves to try and entertain you and if you don't respect that then kiss my ass. I want the business to be around forever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2006 05:28PM by The _F1_Lunatic.
Date: May 14, 2006 04:35PM
Date: May 14, 2006 04:36PM
Posted by: mikef1
Pleased for Alonso who deserved the win and drove really well. Schumi did a stunning lap in qualy yesterday to be able to go that much further than the Renault's before the first stop but i knew he wasn't going to win today. It was a really boring race though, if the GP2 race had little overtaking then the track is to blame.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy