Chrome McLaren out on track

Posted by montana_uk 
Re: Chrome McLaren out on track
Date: February 16, 2006 03:33PM
Posted by: bratwurst boy
i think that the names will stay on the helmets cos they would've taken them off by now if they couldn't keep the names there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 03:34PM by bratwurst boy.
Date: February 16, 2006 04:08PM
Posted by: Teraur
For the names, they are still here on the drivers helmets on McLaren's website whereas they have been photoshoped to 2006 season and Kimi have his name on his helmet just since this week, it was just white before, I don't think he has put it just for one week.

Teraur

--------------------------------

Happy owner of : Epiphone Les Pauls 100 - Fender Stratocaster Standard - Gibson Les Pauls Standard
Date: February 16, 2006 04:26PM
Posted by: Karan19
raikkonensdabest - i meant in terms of aero and engine performance. valencia is hardly the place to judge that, and it often masks the true performance of the car.

sega - i thought the west style font was scrapped by Hungary 05. If it had been West style it would have said just 'Juan Pablo' with those 2 diagonal lines underneath
Date: February 16, 2006 05:14PM
Posted by: sega
the West font was dropped, but the names still remind you of West:

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: February 16, 2006 06:39PM
Posted by: marcl
the 1st few races are gonna be interesting

mclaren are not the only team having probs ferrari keep breaking down as well.

The only teams that look like being able to do a race distance at the mo are renualt, toyota and sometimes williams and honda
Date: February 16, 2006 11:24PM
Posted by: mikef1
Schumis testing times haven't been all that quick recently. I'll stick my neck out and say that he's doing some serious sandbagging, otherwise they're not that fast.
Date: February 16, 2006 11:31PM
Posted by: mikef1
By the way what's happened to Chet? Has he gone AWOL, or is he sulking somewhere.
Date: February 17, 2006 12:07AM
the ferrari is breaking down as well so he has not done many laps.
Date: February 17, 2006 12:14AM
Posted by: Red Sam
By the way what's happened to Chet? Has he gone AWOL, or is he sulking somewhere.

Hes warming up for the new year. Stretching exercises, lube to order.... being Jensons number one is a big job!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 17, 2006 12:26AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
personally i am also gonna stick my neck out and say the title is out of either Ferrari and Renault this year after Mercedes and Mclarens winter performance...or should that be lack of performance.

Ferrari's generally go kaboom in winter and then are bulletproof during the season even last season they were slow but reliable.

Mclaren have done nothing this winter to build upon last years fast car it seem the engine is as @#$%& as ever..
Date: February 17, 2006 12:35AM
Posted by: Nik_I
ewwwwww...
Date: February 17, 2006 12:36AM
dark horse could be honda though they seem very fast i would love to see ms and rb racing for position
Date: February 17, 2006 12:45AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Ferrari doesnt looks so strong right now, they have problems with reliability and they also have problems with their cars aerodynamic....
Date: February 17, 2006 01:15AM
Posted by: chet
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way what's happened to Chet? Has he gone
> AWOL, or is he sulking somewhere.

Here :D
Been busy with coursework lately, its been in just before 1/2 term :/
O and Half Life 2. and CS:S :P!
Also nothing happening in F1 atm, except testing, nothing amazing happening in that so therefore no reason to be here.
But then i do want to write so much about how excited iam this year!!!
But im worried. Ferrari, Toyota and i think Mclaren have a few big updates for Bahrain, Honda only have a engine update.
But yes this season is shaping up nice. Renault up front with Ferrari, Honda, Mclaren, Williams, BMW and Toyota alll seem v. close.

btw - that Mclaren looks a pile of wank :/

Makes me wonder, how long, cost did it take to develop that paint?? I mean could the time and money have gone to something better?

And whats this about being at a 'mid-December' level? They need to sort themselves out.

About Ferrari, all Micheal needs is a car capable of finishing well and he WILL be a threat.

Also id like to point out that today during race simulations Jenson was 1/2second quicker than Rubens :]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 17, 2006 01:33AM
ferrari have a new areo package coming.

williams look strong as well at the mo just as long as their gear box holds together,

its not just the merc engine its the mclaren gear box as well, with 3 weeks left to sort things out it dont look good.

i dont expect many cars to finish the 1st few gps.

what is the rule on engine changes next year
Date: February 17, 2006 01:40AM
Posted by: LS.
marcl Wrote:

>
> williams look strong as well at the mo just as
> long as their gear box holds together,
>

Williams have a pedigree of engineering, think back to the last really inovative thing allowed in F1, the active ride ride car.

Williams dominated & with a good engine

If the rumours about the cosworth having the benefit of experience with building v8's and William engineering with the seamless shifting gearbox we might see a renaissance

it'd be nice and about time :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 01:41AM by LS..
Date: February 17, 2006 01:58AM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
> what is the rule on engine changes next year

Same like last year they have to last two gp-weekends....
Date: February 17, 2006 08:10AM
Posted by: calimbo
McLaren has been playing with us or what?

I read in Marca.com, DLR saying Barcelona test is going to be maybe the most important week from the tests left. And that he's confident that in only two weeks the team could improve a lot, so they could have a better judge of how's that they're going to be in Bahrain. He even says there's more confidence in the team, after they tested the new engine, which is a big step forward in power, but they still have a lot to improve on reliability.

They don't have any concern about tyres, nor chassis, nor handling, making a parallel with Renault(....8|......)

When he was asked about if they could be as competitive as they were in 2005, he answers:

"I'll tell you in 2 weeks. We're waiting a good evolution, and you know in F1 2 weeks is too much time, and the situation could change radically. I think in Barcelona we'll be in much better conditions"

Do you think you'll be fighting for victory in Bahrain?

"Honestly, i don't know. What i know is that McLaren is going to be fighting for the championship again this year, either if we win the first race or not. Last year we had a slow start, but after the third race, we reactioned, and since that moment, the team was the most competitive on track. I'm sure this year is going to happen something similar and that we'll be in position of winning a lot of races".

Date: February 17, 2006 08:38AM
Posted by: Ali
The first time that I saw the new maclaren I though that it was cool but little by little is getting uglier to my eyes...
Date: February 17, 2006 08:39AM
there are gonna be a lot of teams taking 10 grid place penalties this year then, not just mclaren.

I do think williams will be up there this year but I think its gonna be like 1990 good car but not no top driver and that will let them down, but maybe webber will finally show what he is made of.

But on the bbc web site patrick head said they dont know whats up with the gear box one day it will do a race distance the next return in bits. Mclaren have the same prob though and had the same problem last year.

At least so far most teams seem to be very close and the tyres seem equal as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 08:42AM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy