Things don't look good

Posted by Hakkinenf1 
Re: Things don't look good
Date: January 29, 2006 07:02PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Note that it was 10 laps to pass him (for 4th position I think) not to lap him. Therefore, Hakkinen was going so fast he couldn't pass a Minardi.
Date: January 29, 2006 07:27PM
Posted by: marcl
mika was on drys the minardi still on wets so he did not risk going off line.

After that he was lapping 1 sec faster and closing on ms then bang went the engine.

Any way he may not have got passed MS so its not relevant
Date: January 29, 2006 10:49PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Battousai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the archivie of www.formula1.com the reason of
> the retire in Spain 2001 is the clutch...
>
> Battousai

well that's not true I remember the smoke that came from Mika's car and Mika has always said it was engine failure ....
Date: January 29, 2006 11:05PM
Posted by: marcl
i also though it was the clucth that failed and that caused the engine problem as bits of clutch and gear box went in the engine.

Was reading autosport and last year the mclaren was that un reliable, they only just made some race finishes the gear box and drive train was too weak
Date: January 29, 2006 11:17PM
Posted by: vesuvius
according to finnish newspaper some f1-experts have said that Honda's engine has over 19100 revs/minute, Renault 18900 and even BMW is taking over 18000 revs out of their engine but McLaren is taking only 17500 .newspaper also told that McLaren used low wing settings in barcelona so that they wouldnt look so slow in topspeeds (but they still lost 9km/h to the best teams) those low wing settings caused bad tyrewear (Kimi said that the car eated tyres quite badly)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2006 11:18PM by vesuvius.
Date: January 30, 2006 01:56AM
Posted by: calimbo
Vesuvius, but that's bad news then, i mean, it's not an easy solution.

You see, I've just read an interview with DLR in Barcelona after driving the car, and somebody asked him if he was worried and he said he should be worried if there were no developments coming, but they're coming...still, i remember Montoya saying the same in 2003 at the beggining of the season, so i don't know what to think.

But it looks like it's not an easy solution

Date: January 30, 2006 01:57AM
Posted by: pedropadilha
I think McLaren will probably have a season similor to the one they had in 2004. The tema will start very badly but will be competitive by the end of the season. Montoya and Kimi must be very disappointed that thei last season with the team will be long and frustrating!
Date: January 30, 2006 02:38AM
Posted by: Battousai
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Battousai Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In the archivie of www.formula1.com the
> reason of
> > the retire in Spain 2001 is the clutch...
> >
> > Battousai
>
>
> well that's not true I remember the smoke that
> came from Mika's car and Mika has always said it
> was engine failure ....

I'm quite sure that Mika said so at the end of the race... anyway, smoke never means a broken engine, there are so many moving parts in the rear of a car that just losing lubrification you can see smoke coming out.

Battousai
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy