Re: Things don't look good
Date: January 27, 2006 02:36PM
Posted by: chet
[today.reuters.co.uk]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 27, 2006 02:44PM
Posted by: b-tone
"I was expecting nothing before I came, so I knew we have issues with certain stuff, but we are going to get there and there is going to be some improvement," he told the autosport.com website.

"The biggest part of the problem is the engine, but like I said, things are happening so in the coming weeks we will improve it," he added.

"They (Mercedes) are not where they should be and they need to improve. On the engine side we have a lot of work to do."

he's either improved his speeking, writes better than he talks, or its been put thru the the ron-o-speak machine

____
Tony

Date: January 27, 2006 02:51PM
Posted by: Forgotten
Well I´m happy that Kimi speaks what is going on his mind. He also openly said the mp4-19 "sucked" and it really did
Date: January 27, 2006 02:52PM
Posted by: marcl
i think its clear that the engine does have probs but there are still 5 weeks to go and they probably started building a new engine in december or even before.

Date: January 27, 2006 03:26PM
app Honda have overheating with 'major' componenets... meaning they will have to redesign then engine :\

got it from f1onboard.. but the person who posted sed it was a unreliable source. lol

Date: January 27, 2006 03:31PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I think if the engine is realy unrealiable , maybe they gonna ask for using the v10 with a limiter then ...

Date: January 27, 2006 03:47PM
Posted by: marcl
no allowed to unless they pay a big fine
Date: January 27, 2006 04:02PM
Posted by: Muks_C
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> haha lol yea! :p
>
> imo this yea will be renaults again.. but with
> Honda there
>
> but who knows?

sorry to quote you again Chet, but why even make comments like this? you might as well say "one of the teams on the grid will become world champion, and another will be second!".

its still too early to see the form of the cars compared to each other, and testing means nothing.

its ok to hope your fave team does well, but to constantly big them up when their times mean nothing at this stage gets slightly annoying after the hundredth time of reading it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 27, 2006 04:05PM
lol yea
just excited with all the new cars and stuff :p
this seasons gonna be amazing!!

Date: January 27, 2006 07:18PM
Posted by: calimbo
So, should HakkinenF1 keep on worrying? Or there's a solution to this? :p

Date: January 27, 2006 07:52PM
Posted by: danm
we will wait and let him sleep on it tonight, tomorrow morning HakkinenF1 share the vision you obtain :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 28, 2006 04:41AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
the worring has stopped...
now i am postive that the new Mclaren sucks
and i am already waiting for one of those two thing

1-Mclaren sell to Mercedes...
2-2007 season

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
-------------------------
Date: January 28, 2006 05:04AM
Posted by: six degrees
Hakkinenf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the worring has stopped...
> now i am postive that the new Mclaren sucks
> and i am already waiting for one of those two
> thing
>
> 1-Mclaren sell to Mercedes...
> 2-2007 season
>
> -------------------------
> gooooz fra ba
> -------------------------
>

let's get this straight - you've written the new car off as a failure and saying 2006 is going to be a bad year based on a week's testing..?

madness.
Date: January 28, 2006 12:29PM
Posted by: anze89
the worring has stopped...
now i am postive that the new Mclaren sucks
and i am already waiting for one of those two thing

1-Mclaren sell to Mercedes...
2-2007 season

if mclaren sells itself to mercedes then the whole car will suck, not only the engines, so as you are a mclaren fan you should hope that they find a new engine suplier after their contract with mercedes expires

Date: January 28, 2006 02:14PM
Posted by: mikef1
Tbh Mercedes has had enough time to discover that their engine sucks, why has it suddenly dawned on them now that it's not good enough? They've let Mclaren down so many times in the past eight years, especially when you compare them to the power and reliability of Ferrari engines.
Date: January 28, 2006 02:18PM
Posted by: Xero
I think it would be silly to say the new McLaren sucks. They are having engine problems, which I kind of expected going by Mercedes recent record. I suspect they are having similar problems to Honda. It's not that the pace isn't there. it's just the engine overheats when they use it. Thats why the times have been low so far, the team would have been monitoring the problem. Kimi probably just did a typical "screw it, lets see how fast she can go!" and thats wat led to the failure yesterday. I have no doubt the car is quick, i'm starting to get a little worried about the engine though. I hope they get it right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2006 02:19PM by Xero.
Date: January 28, 2006 02:36PM
honda? i heard they were overheating, but doesnt seem as big as issue.

Date: January 28, 2006 02:49PM
Posted by: vesuvius
McLaren's problem isn't the car it's good but Mercedes engine is too weak compared to other teams engines (Kimi lost 9km/h to Honda's and Renault's in topspeeds) reliability is ok but it could be better .Anyway Mercedes will soon bring big updates to the engine and hopefully it will make them faster and reliable.
Date: January 28, 2006 02:52PM
but then so will other teams.

thats the thing.

if its not good straight away it will take awhile to catch up with the other teams like Renault, Ferrari, Honda and Toyota who are able to develop just as fast.

its why if your car is crap at the start your pretty much fooked for the first half of the season.

Date: January 28, 2006 02:56PM
Posted by: vesuvius
well there is still time befor the season starts ....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy