FIA unveils radical new rear wing design"!!!

Posted by iceman kimi 
Re: FIA unveils radical new rear wing design"!!!
Date: October 24, 2005 07:13PM
Posted by: rocker
I think since we had refuelling it killed the track batles. No overtalking anymore.

I know for safety reasons it's not possible to a car start with one million pounds of fuel (or whatever much they will need to do a full race stint), but I don't like refuelling.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 24, 2005 07:42PM
Posted by: yositm
mart Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It doesn't look that bad actually... I kinda like
> crazy and radical designs on F1 cars...
>
> Is it me but according to the pictures, does it
> look like they are gonna go back to big rear
> slicks? ummm... lol
>
>
>
> Editado 2 veces.

TOMA!!!
Date: October 24, 2005 07:45PM
Posted by: Pooky
a grid of them and it will be fine

if it makes overtaking easier then im all for it
Date: October 24, 2005 08:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
this may sound silly, but we don't want overtaking to be *so* easy that it happens 50 times every lap, or else it loses the excitement. that would become just as boring as it is with no overtaking.

it should be easy enough so people are willing to have a go, but not so easy that the skill is removed, by making the cars super-easy to overtake with, but i doubt it will ever get to the stage of it being really easy.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2005 08:25PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 24, 2005 08:37PM
Posted by: Marco1

In all honesty, If you want overtaking these radical changes need not be. If you look at 2002, 2003, 2004 there was tones of overtaking between the michelin shod cars. Which to my understanding would imply that if the FIA go ahead with a single tire manufacturer, we will see some good solid racing.

However, I believe the rule changes they have introduced will benifit the sport. I am really keen on seeing tire changes and the new qualifying next season. This split rear wing does look ugly on paper, but I am sure the areo designers of each team will come out with a beautiful result if this is implimented.

But in all honesty they DO NOT need to tweak the car this much, I think with the V8 only rule the FIA has shot themselves in the foot on this one, and next season could be horrendous in terms of passing anyway. as Zonta said - with the v8s you can make mistakes and easily catch the car without losing time.

Now correct me if i am wrong but, if they only allowed one eliment on the rear wing wouldnt that create less downforce anyway? but the problem isnt downforce its turbulance, and the inefficientness of the car behind due to the turbulance and the lack of grip on the front end. Why dont they ban the winglets, exhaust ducts on top of the car in order to create less turbulance? With the hot air blowing out of the exhaust then channelled over the aero bits and out the back I am sure this is a contribution to the lack of slipstream. (if I am wrong PLEASE some one correct me!)

But what is obvious, is that if we went back to 1997 regs the cars would be slower, and more competitive with one another. IE get rid of these two tire suppliers. IMO the tires have dictated the world championship results since 1998 with the exclusion of 1999 obviously!

anyway, thats just what I think!
Date: October 24, 2005 08:44PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro

picture NOT edited by me

disgusting!
ok they will be slightly bigger but still foul
Date: October 24, 2005 08:47PM
Posted by: markko
[www.netcarshow.com]

Notice a similarity?! :)
Date: October 24, 2005 09:02PM
Posted by: champ
this is formula 1, design and build a better car and you will win. this is not the carbon copy league of the irl or nascar. true fans appreciate the technology and inovation that is the hallmark of formula 1 racing. making all the cars use the same wing configuration is a step backwards.
Date: October 24, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: Lemming
urrrgh now i've seen what it could actually look like i think i'm going to be sick.

Date: October 24, 2005 09:17PM
Posted by: villej
It wouldn't look exactly like that. The wings would be much wider, and also tyres would be wider.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2005 09:17PM by villej.
Date: October 24, 2005 09:36PM
but there's a big hole where the rear wing should be!!

Date: October 24, 2005 09:38PM
Posted by: bestobritish
evryone would get used to it after a while its just that no one likes change from whats "normal"

I doubt teams will be made to make the rear wing exactly the same, itl just be a rough guide with some strict rules i guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 24, 2005 09:44PM
i don't think there's ever been a forced change that affects the look of the car by this much before. only thing i can think of is sticking em on grooved tyres... even raising the front wing didn't change the appearance as much as i thought it would have done.

Date: October 24, 2005 09:45PM
Posted by: Imran
wont this stop the slip streaming effect though?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 24, 2005 10:45PM
Posted by: dada
Date: October 24, 2005 10:52PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
It looks like shite. F1 is regressing into oblivion. First we banish the V-10 in favor of the V-8, even though most teams now see that a restricted V-10 will STILL function better than a purpose made V-8, and now the attempt to re-introduce aerodynamics they banished in the mid 80's:

Looks like the same type of winglets over the back slicks to me.

Whats next? Front engined cars?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 24, 2005 11:44PM
Posted by: chet
diffuser design could be different now.. exhaust and engine design..

this new rear wing brings a whole set of new ideas for all sorts like engine cover etc.

could be very interesting ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 24, 2005 11:57PM
wat will happen in rain?

just thinking not much spray im guessing.

Date: October 25, 2005 12:51AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
It had better help overtaking because it looks like Sh#t

I think a control Tyre and removal of all the little flip wings and allowing the teams to tweak the Under-car area would solve all the problems (which when you look at it arn't that huge e.g brillant passing at Suzuka this year)

And that looks like it will be very hard to build in Gp4/Rfactor!!

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: October 25, 2005 12:56AM
passing at suzuka only occured between cars that were SIGNIFICANTLY faster than others.

if the Mclarens and Renaults had been at the front then the race would have been shizz tbh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy