Tiago *SPO*

Posted by Hakkinenf1 
Re: Tiago *SPO*
Date: September 26, 2005 05:39PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
But you didnt think he was joking the first time either, but he was. It wasnt even an insult at Tiago, or Portugal! :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 26, 2005 05:58PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
leave them
portuguese people seem to cry "Racist!" to easily...especially on forums.
Date: September 26, 2005 06:05PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Maybe unfair comments don't affect you, maybe that's your problem!

Enough said, anyway! For me, this discussion is over...

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: September 26, 2005 11:03PM
Posted by: tokiorocha
Well, I'm Portuguese and I don't think that someone in this forum is even thinking that Tiago got that record by driving slowly because I believe the people that are posting here understand a little about Formula One and watched the same races that I did so I don't think that we should be discussing this anymore.
Date: September 26, 2005 11:08PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I can't believe it happened again, Paulo (and even Bruno).
I was obviously joking, and so what about the press? I'm not them either. I was making a general joke about how to end races, not about Tiago. I like Tiago, he's not a good driver but that doesn't matter, he's a nice guy.

The Brazilian press is known for being hard on drivers, so something like Tiago "Vagaroso" Monteiro (Slowpoke, basically) isn't hard to come by. Besides, wasn't he very, very slow for so long? Ok, he beat his teammate. Oooo... Narain got beaten by Tiago! Anyways, all Brazilians joke with Portuguese, we all know that, and I imagine some of you do the same. There are so many things we can complain about but we don't.

Anyways, not worth wasting anymore time here.
Date: September 26, 2005 11:22PM
Posted by: mad otter
Hakkinenf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finaly ...
> Tiago retired...
> his first freaking retirment in his short
> career...(17races)..
>
> -------------------------
> gooooz fra ba
> -------------------------
>

why finally!?! your happy that someone who is new and in a poor car has lost the chance of having something this season? why!? im sorry but thats just pathetic. Tiargo is a good driver.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: September 26, 2005 11:24PM
Posted by: chet
im guessing this was just a mis-interpretation of guis post.

was i the only one who laughed at it?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 26, 2005 11:26PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I thought it was funny, that's why I was explaining to x acto :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 26, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: IceKimi
It´s amazing how a rookie is so controversial!!

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: September 27, 2005 12:02AM
Posted by: Eugenio Faria
Mini Maestro Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> leave them
> portuguese people seem to cry "Racist!" to
> easily...especially on forums.
>
>
>
> [
>

Sorry Michael but thats a complete ridiculous and ignorant comment tbh...

Brazilians have the tradition of making fun of Portuguese people,I dont know why to be honest.
They are the ones who have a ridiculous funny accent,and live in a country full of @#$%&,and corrupt people.
Maybe its just envy,I dont know...
Or Maybe his "unexpected" (for some people who havent followed his career) success is really disturbing and annoying some people.
Tiago this year has probably achieved the best season made by a Rookie for some years,he´s a lot more than just a pay driver,he has proved he´s fast and he is reliable in a car that is probably the worst in the grid,and in a team that is everything, but not stable.
Without a doubt the best rookie of the year.
He deservers a place in the 2006 grid,and perhaps he will surprise even more some people ;)

Date: September 27, 2005 12:08AM
ok i think some of these comments could stop.

i mean the...

Brazilians have the tradition of making fun of Portuguese people,I dont know why to be honest.
They are the ones who have a ridiculous funny accent,and live in a country full of @#$%&,and corrupt people.
Maybe its just envy,I dont know...

is not needed :)

Date: September 27, 2005 12:33AM
At least Eugenio is still checking these forums :P
Date: September 27, 2005 12:37AM

We should be discussing Tiago's (great) performance rather than saying that brazilians don't like portuguese people...
Date: September 27, 2005 02:08AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
well i hate Tiago for many reasons

1-his look is irratating
2-Istanbul
3-USA ..Ok...its a podiume...but he showed no respect for the crowed who was very angry
and its not a real acomplisment to beat to Minardi's and a slow Indian

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
-------------------------
Date: September 27, 2005 02:35AM
You can't really blame someone for being happy when that person gets his probably only career podium, especially in a Jordan. He could have been sad of what happened to F1, but obviously very happy with the result.
Date: September 27, 2005 09:04AM
i dont hate him at all..

i dont dislike him

i just find what he did at indy disrespectful :) otherwise hes a good driver and proved me wrong

Date: September 27, 2005 02:44PM
Posted by: Zcott
Yeah, his actions at Indy really disappointed me. Even Michael and Rubens looked slightly embarrassed, but Tiago was acting as if he beat everyone on merit.

Date: September 27, 2005 03:00PM
Posted by: marcl
he did he beat 3 other drivers that could have all got 3rd :).

Agree he should not have jumped etc but for him it was his 1st points and 3rd place the other 2 had been there before and probably remember austria 2002
Date: September 27, 2005 04:12PM

I don't find the Tiago's attitude at Indy disrespectful for the fans because it was a normal race to him and to the other rookies. Of course he only got the podium due to the retirement of the michelin teams but there was 4 drivers fighting for that place and he got there first and we could see some fans applauding him.

We can't compare it to the ferrari drivers because they didn't had any opponents so they had no reasons to celebrate.

Date: September 28, 2005 12:57AM
Fans were applauding Tiago
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy