Brazilian Grand Prix *SPOILERS*

Posted by -Mikey- 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix *SPOILERS*
Date: September 24, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: vesuvius
by the way I have heard that Kimi and Alonso has raced against each other before in karting is that true ? I would like to who was better :)

well here are Kimi's bio :

[www.kimistuff.com]

and here is Alonso's bio :

[www.f1db.com]

Date: September 24, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
yositm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> reutemann05 Escrito:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It´s really irritating how most british press
> and
> > people, keep on saying how good is Kimi.
> ...
>
>
> this has an explanation: they say that because he
> is fighting with Fernando, who is driving for a
> french team, the team who fired Button (a british
> driver) to place Fernando, and finally, Fernando
> is spanish. They have many reasons to avoid
> admitting that Fernando deserves this year's title
>
>

please STFU
stop going on about the nationalist/racist side it is really exemplifies the word PATHETIC.
The British press dont hate Renault/Fernando for being French/Spanish/Have nice hair/e.t.c.
Most of the british press see Kimi as the faster driver but Alonso as the all round more level headed driver and this is the reason why he will win the title, unless your talking about UK's equivalent of Bild [sun, NOTW, Mirror] i havent read one article in the established media which say that Alonso isnt the deserved champion, the only highlight the fact that barring some bad luck and stupid mistakes that F1 would have been a Mclaren Walkover and infact that little has changed since 2004 except the colour of the team that dominates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2005 11:40PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: September 24, 2005 11:51PM
Posted by: vesuvius
McLaren has got permission to change Kimi's flatspotted tyre :) but Pierre Dupaisquier said it will rain tomorrow so they could have changed it anyway...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2005 11:54PM by vesuvius.
Date: September 24, 2005 11:54PM
Posted by: yositm
what!
is that true or it's a joke?

TOMA!!!
Date: September 25, 2005 12:19AM
Posted by: mad otter
All i can say is... what would they say if Ferrari did that... but then i said that back in indy about if ferrari asked for a chicane cos bridgestone @#$%& the tyres... anyway!!

Should be a good race :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: September 25, 2005 12:30AM
Posted by: FlyinFinn2
Guys, Kimi did a big mistake again. but this is qualy, maybe tomorrow kimi wins with 50s ahead and alonso crashes. So, Calm down. no one knows what will be happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2005 12:31AM by FlyinFinn2.
Date: September 25, 2005 01:55AM
Posted by: genesis
"Kimi is one of the best out there, you like him or not, and he'll become WDC. Don't judge just for 1 mistake the whole season"

Huh? Kimi has made plenty of mistakes this season. Far more than Alonso's single mistake in Canada (I'm sure that's his only major blow). Alonso deserves this.
Date: September 25, 2005 02:18AM
Posted by: LS.
Alonso will be a great champion, he's friendly, got a sense of humour, accessable to the media and fans.

Kimi will also be a great champion, he's fearless and mega fast yet as articulate as a plank of wood.

They will both be great champions

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 25, 2005 07:18AM
Posted by: Guimengo
It's annoying how this argument of the better driver keeps on happening... the best driver doesn't always win, fact. Sometimes a good driver gets to be a champion because of his car, and that's what happened this year.

Both Alonso and Kimi are good, Alonso had the edge earlier on as his car had no match, since the McLaren was very unreliable. Since McLaren became reliable, they have been dominating and it's been hard for Renault to fight for a win. Sometimes it finds tracks that still suit it better than the McLaren, and Alonso sometimes drives better than Kimi and vice versa.

But please, stop with the argument of the best driver not winning. The best driver is currently 3rd in the championship, I think.
Date: September 25, 2005 07:25AM
Posted by: Briere
well said siggeh cloneh (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2005 08:08AM by Briere.
Date: September 25, 2005 09:09AM
Posted by: villej
"Besides that, Kimi if a complete jerk, when he speaks (sounds like a type writing machine)"

A bit harsh calling Räikkönen "complete jerk" for the way he speaks, isn't it? You know he can't do anything for it! That's same as I would call you complete jerk because your face is ugly.(This isn't an insult, just an example. I don't know how your face looks like)

And by the way, you CAN'T REALIABLY TELL WHO IS FASTER, KIMI OR ALONSO. IT'S ONLY DOWN ON PERSONAL OPINIONS!

And yeah, well said Gui.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2005 09:10AM by villej.
Date: September 25, 2005 09:20AM
Posted by: Karan19
does anyone have any weather forcasts for the race?

BBC just says mix of sun n clouds but doesnt mention anything bout rain :( Humidity at 56%

Date: September 25, 2005 09:24AM
Posted by: Briere
80% probs of rain
Date: September 25, 2005 10:49AM
Posted by: requenov

Come on Mini,you must be blind!!

The nationalist side exists in F1. Many english web pages support Raikkonen and bash Alonso, for example pitpass.com, but it is understandable, the same way the French and Spanish press supports Renault and Alonso.

English press have backed more English drivers or drivers of English teams,like Hakkinen, Coulthard or Hill despite Schumi, because they drove for English teams.

Date: September 25, 2005 11:21AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
There is an element of that, but Kimi isnt british. McLaren are only half british. I think you're looking for a reason to go off on one, when there is no basis.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 25, 2005 11:27AM
Posted by: dolinseks
Oh come on, Renault is also based in England, at least most of it, and there certanly arent any racist things. Both Kimi and Fernando are very good drivers, by far the best of the young, new generation, and the luckier one won the championship this year. Remember, Kimi was doing the same thing, like Fernando is doing this year, 2 years ago, when he was fighting for the championship in a one year older car than Michael, to the last race. He just didnt had that luck, that Michael would retire from some races, when Kimi was second, like Fernando had this year, when Kimi was leading. Maybe next year, Kimi will have more luck and he will become the champion, who knows. The irony is, that McLaren can still win the constructors championship, which they clearly dont deserve, because they ruined the WDC for Kimi, who also deserves the WDC this year, like Fernando.

Date: September 25, 2005 12:14PM
Posted by: requenov
"Renault is also based in England"

Renault is based in France and England, but still FRENCH.

FRENCH press supports FRENCH teams and FRENCH drivers and foreign drivers that drive for FRENCH teams as Alonso.

And for the ENGLISH press is the same but the only thing is that everybody reads ENGLISH F1 web pages cause they are the best and more especialized but a little biased (McLaren, Williams, Button ...).

Date: September 25, 2005 12:15PM
Posted by: mikef1
"Alonso will be a great champion, he's friendly, got a sense of humour, accessable to the media and fans. Kimi will also be a great champion, he's fearless and mega fast yet as articulate as a plank of wood. They will both be great champions"
That's the best post i've read so far on the topic of Alonso and Kimi, why does everyone bash on this forum? Both deserve the title they are fast and intelligent drivers and are worthy successors to the title. The great thing is that we have two drivers capable of beating Schumi fair and square now, we've only had Hakkinen in the recent past. Whoever wins this year deserves it and next year should be really competitive.
Date: September 25, 2005 12:16PM
Posted by: Lemming
wow when did racism come into winning a championship!?

Date: September 25, 2005 12:32PM
Posted by: Zcott
Since the Italians starting supporting only Ferrari! :P

Really, though, there is a lot of national bias. In a recent interview with F1 Racing, Jacques Villeneuve came out with this comment:

"Well, for the British media, F1 is British. So, you guys always say, "Get rid of everyone who isn't British." And I was the easiest one to criticise at the time, so why not?"

I believe that half of the reason Kimi has so much support in Britain is because he drives a McLaren, which is now a British team. Fernando is a Spaniard driving a French car, and there's nothing really British about that. ITV are very biased towards the Brits, which probably isn't great for people watching ITV's feed in other parts of the world.

I'm sticking up for Fernando. I hope he becomes the youngest ever world champion today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy